PDA

View Full Version : Request QMB Update

XyZspineZyX
11-16-2003, 06:14 AM
I cant beleive it sometimes but it's been three years of flying and fighting in the virtual skys. For about 70 US dollars I have had an absolutely great time. Its the best deal I have ever made. Try having a good time and usually 70 dollars last ONE NIGHT!
Now that I got my shameless brown-nosing out of the way.... Here is my request. Is there any way to upgrade QMB with some new maps? I fly QMB every day. Being in Kuwait, even my 512 DSL can be a pain somedays. This makes me fly offline a lot. That is fine cos I get some good training against the aces. When I get online this practice pays off. The standard by witch I train is QMB. Flying 4 aces vs. my aircraft. On new aircraft I start off 2 aces vs my aircraft then move up. When I am to the point where I can live after fighting against four, then I feel like I got the hang of the new plane. Flying against four aces in Crimea while the flak explodes all around is totally immersive. My heart beats and my breath gets short. If I live I try to make it home and land my usually beat up aircraft. In Crimea I run Pacific sceneries. Brewsters vs Zeros and Blehims(in Jap colors). It's great for BoB battles also. The 111s coming from the sea makes it real beleivable. I allways have a bunch of saved QMB's with nice color schemes for both friend and foe.
Now it seems as thou the game is going so well. Lots of new aircraft and endless maps in FMB. So I hoped maybe something could be planed in the future for QMB. Maybe a map with mountains and some Island map would be on my wish list. That should keep me covered for the next 3 years:-)
Thanks again to the Maddox team for a wonderfully immersive experience.

P.S. The Mustang is as it should be in my opinion. Super fast and heavy with a knockout punch. Dont change a thing!

Maj. Maico
249th I.A.P.
Group II XO

"We take the Boom out of your Zoom"

XyZspineZyX
11-16-2003, 06:14 AM
I cant beleive it sometimes but it's been three years of flying and fighting in the virtual skys. For about 70 US dollars I have had an absolutely great time. Its the best deal I have ever made. Try having a good time and usually 70 dollars last ONE NIGHT!
Now that I got my shameless brown-nosing out of the way.... Here is my request. Is there any way to upgrade QMB with some new maps? I fly QMB every day. Being in Kuwait, even my 512 DSL can be a pain somedays. This makes me fly offline a lot. That is fine cos I get some good training against the aces. When I get online this practice pays off. The standard by witch I train is QMB. Flying 4 aces vs. my aircraft. On new aircraft I start off 2 aces vs my aircraft then move up. When I am to the point where I can live after fighting against four, then I feel like I got the hang of the new plane. Flying against four aces in Crimea while the flak explodes all around is totally immersive. My heart beats and my breath gets short. If I live I try to make it home and land my usually beat up aircraft. In Crimea I run Pacific sceneries. Brewsters vs Zeros and Blehims(in Jap colors). It's great for BoB battles also. The 111s coming from the sea makes it real beleivable. I allways have a bunch of saved QMB's with nice color schemes for both friend and foe.
Now it seems as thou the game is going so well. Lots of new aircraft and endless maps in FMB. So I hoped maybe something could be planed in the future for QMB. Maybe a map with mountains and some Island map would be on my wish list. That should keep me covered for the next 3 years:-)
Thanks again to the Maddox team for a wonderfully immersive experience.

P.S. The Mustang is as it should be in my opinion. Super fast and heavy with a knockout punch. Dont change a thing!

Maj. Maico
249th I.A.P.
Group II XO

"We take the Boom out of your Zoom"

XyZspineZyX
11-16-2003, 09:53 AM
You can make your own improved "QMB" missions in FMB. Takes a little longer to learn (obviously), but its worth it, and you find you don't have the severe limitations QMB cripples you with, like in FMB you can place as much Flak or ships as you like or can stagger flights at any altitude and flight paths--QMB offers only 1000m altitude advantage which is worthless given that the AI detection and engagement range is a whopping 7km. Learning FMB is like taking your first step into a larger world.

You know, they say, once you go FMB, you never go back.

XyZspineZyX
11-16-2003, 06:59 PM
You've absolutely got to get UberDemons Uber Quick Mission Generator. It's like QMB, only mucho better.

http://www.uberdemon.com

I'm in Korea, with the Air Farce (no, I didn't spell it wrong). I'm assuming you're in the military in Kuwait, and if so, best of wishes to you, and hope you get to go home soon.

Tim
-Code Red Mountain Dew and
Almond Snickers-