PDA

View Full Version : centurion no need nerf

matt89connor
08-30-2017, 08:53 AM
just reduce the dmg of heavy and lights, so i need more atatck to kill, he has stamina and super fast heavy, reduce the dmg you will make a balance on this guy

DrinkinMyStella
08-30-2017, 09:13 AM
you said he needs no nerf but you just said reduce dmg so isn't that a nerf? Im a rep 12 cent and what he needs is slower timings between heavy attacks so it can't be spammed, His charged heavy shouldn't guarantee a charged jab so give the players a 200ms to react. His parries should only guarantee a normal heavy not a GB so you can't be wall splat. His feint into GB shouldn't be able to be charged for so long before the feint And I'm saying this as a cent main, I can deal with playing mind games rather than guaranteed heavies and wall splats.

matt89connor
08-30-2017, 09:48 AM
I'm 70 rep max, i play all heroes and i put all over 3 ....he's an assasin, so i need fast attacks, but the dmg is too high for his speed attacks. all players hate him because he destroy the life with only 3/4 heavy after he destroy your stamina.
if you reduce dmg of: 23 for the fast heavy, slow heavy start attack 28.
- heavy after combo 24 unblockable heavy 28.
-light start 11, light end combo 15.
- zone 15 first, second and third 20.
-heavy jump attack 28.
After wallsplat, the cent remove max 56, and when you are at low health, he can't kill u with a simple heavy....I think the Dev should try this before the nerf of meccanics.

DrinkinMyStella
08-30-2017, 09:58 AM
if they did what I stated then trust me he won't be so powerful. if you start messing too much with his dmg outputs and the speed of his attacks then he will be useless, I think just slowing down his heavy attacks and changing the guarantee heavies and jabs then I think that would be enough. Remember his health pool is very very low so if he can't deal ok damage to players like warlord, raider, LB etc then he's going to be rendered useless especially in 1v1. He dmg is fine its his wall splat and guaranteed heavies that make him OP.

matt89connor
08-30-2017, 10:11 AM
if they did what I stated then trust me he won't be so powerful. if you start messing too much with his dmg outputs and the speed of his attacks then he will be useless, I think just slowing down his heavy attacks and changing the guarantee heavies and jabs then I think that would be enough. Remember his health pool is very very low so if he can't deal ok damage to players like warlord, raider, LB etc then he's going to be rendered useless especially in 1v1. He dmg is fine its his wall splat and guaranteed heavies that make him OP.

mmh....something i don't like is the counter knee attack that destroy your stamina ...wall splat is used in all heroes, rider berseker, warden and Lb they do a lot of dmg after wall splat, but somenthing i don't like in cent, is that he can detroy in a few hits when other asssasin or hybrid don't do so easly. maybe slow heavy will be a point, but the problem isn't only the speed of the heavy for what i think, it's just a little part of the problem don't you think? :confused:

AnEnticingSquid
08-30-2017, 03:17 PM
mmh....something i don't like is the counter knee attack that destroy your stamina ...wall splat is used in all heroes, rider berseker, warden and Lb they do a lot of dmg after wall splat, but somenthing i don't like in cent, is that he can detroy in a few hits when other asssasin or hybrid don't do so easly. maybe slow heavy will be a point, but the problem isn't only the speed of the heavy for what i think, it's just a little part of the problem don't you think? :confused:

All characters have a wall splat true... But only one has a 100-0 combo off it. I hate cent because he is easy mode. One light parry or whiff and I am left on my *** with over half my health and all my stamina gone. Then I get up and play dodge the kick for a solid minute. If you fight a bad cent, he will be the easiest character to beat, but if you play even a half decent one, you are at a major disadvantage. My character gets 30 confirmed damage on light parry. Cent gets 60 and that's if he isn't within 12 feet of a wall... Or better yet, if I am below 75% stamina when he parries my attack, he can take all my stamina with his parry punish. People say: "He isn't that good! All you have to do is react to him!". Ok, so the only way to beat a cent is by not throwing out an attack and reacting to what he does... Then those same people go on a long winded rant about the turtle meta. Stupid people... Stupid people everywhere I look...

brashtralas
08-30-2017, 03:36 PM
Hey, no offense, but that's a terrible idea. I have a lot of experience with the centurion and I can tell you without doubt that he already takes forever to kill someone if they're good at the game.

Meaning that he actually isn't a high damaging character if you're unable to connect his cutscene attack. Which is heavy-->charged heavy-->fully charged jab-->eagles talon/zone attack.

Now don't get me wrong, I want a lot changed about the centurion, because he's completely unfair. Unfair to the newer players that can't often dodge or react to his speedy and blinding mixups. Unfair to the person getting ganged up on in 4s. Unfair the high level player playing as him against a turtling warlord.

The problem is that he's poorly designed. He has too much cc. He shouldn't have the combo I listed above, if for no other reason than its lack of viability in high level play and it's extreme effectiveness in 4s(replace it with something that doesn't knock down). He should have higher health, and slightly higher damage on his second heavy in chains.

He should have higher stamina costs, but better combos that don't rely on unblockables.

Just my $.02

FredEx919
08-30-2017, 03:41 PM
We'll continue working on Cent. We've fixed a couple of things in the next live updates (notes tomorrow), but the fight team is also working on additional changes to Cent and other characters. I don't have an ETA on fixes/changes beyond the live update for tomorrow, but hopefully more soon.