PDA

View Full Version : question about lawbringer

sweg_master_G
08-30-2017, 03:09 AM
does the lawbringer really need a guaranteed light after a shove? anyone else feel this is unnecessary?

Antonioj26
08-30-2017, 03:23 AM
does the lawbringer really need a guaranteed light after a shove? anyone else feel this is unnecessary?

I would agree if it was guaranteed but it's not.

Netcode_err_404
08-30-2017, 03:39 AM
its a **** mechanic that allow garbage player to actually kill stuff. Block on shove shoudn't bring any potential 50/50, just a heavy start up and a GB.

The dodge shove needs a buff. And that should be untouched.

The_B0G_
08-30-2017, 08:59 PM
its a **** mechanic that allow garbage player to actually kill stuff. Block on shove shoudn't bring any potential 50/50, just a heavy start up and a GB.

The dodge shove needs a buff. And that should be untouched.

I think of it more as a defense against light spammers. Thats all I ever use it for, only top tier players on console have the reflexes to parry light attacks consistently.

Its not a guarenteed light either, people dodge mine constantly, I mostly use shove+light to back off light spammers, not really to injure them, since it does low damage.

Most heroes has a thing thats annoying, shove on block is Lawbringers, hardly OP though. Especially since one hero can land one attack and pummel you for 10 seconds while you watch helplessly just to get up with 70% HP gone and no stamina... but yes, lets worry about a not guarenteed light after a block shove.

brashtralas
08-30-2017, 10:06 PM
I think the lawbringer doesn't need a guaranteed shove off a block. Lawbringer is one of my mains, by the way.

Knight_Raime
08-30-2017, 11:26 PM
Nothing is guaranteed off of a shove.

Knight_Raime
08-30-2017, 11:32 PM
I think of it more as a defense against light spammers. Thats all I ever use it for, only top tier players on console have the reflexes to parry light attacks consistently.

Its not a guarenteed light either, people dodge mine constantly, I mostly use shove+light to back off light spammers, not really to injure them, since it does low damage.

Most heroes has a thing thats annoying, shove on block is Lawbringers, hardly OP though. Especially since one hero can land one attack and pummel you for 10 seconds while you watch helplessly just to get up with 70% HP gone and no stamina... but yes, lets worry about a not guarenteed light after a block shove.

It's hilarious that he still thinks it's a 50/50 but talks down to console players.
Anyway. Just because something else on someone elses kit is annoying doesn't justify the block shove.
The developers are making an active effort to cut down on the defensive rewards and encouraging a more active/aggressive style. Block shove is not this. and considering what OOS means post defensive meta changes he shouldn't be getting that kind of power off of simply blocking.

Lawbro is a more defensive character yes. Which is why his shove is a get off of me move. But his "defensive" thing is having more than one parry follow up on his move list. Even though there is no guaranteed actual damage off of shove it's still stamina damage which is important. He should not have this.

Just as even though the conq is coined as the ultimate defense hero he shouldn't be getting free GB's off of blocking a heavy. Both mechanics are too rewarding for passive play.

The_B0G_
08-30-2017, 11:43 PM
I think the lawbringer doesn't need a guaranteed shove off a block. Lawbringer is one of my mains, by the way.

You can't have multiple mains, thats why it's called a main...

The_B0G_
08-30-2017, 11:48 PM
It's hilarious that he still thinks it's a 50/50 but talks down to console players.
Anyway. Just because something else on someone elses kit is annoying doesn't justify the block shove.
The developers are making an active effort to cut down on the defensive rewards and encouraging a more active/aggressive style. Block shove is not this. and considering what OOS means post defensive meta changes he shouldn't be getting that kind of power off of simply blocking.

Lawbro is a more defensive character yes. Which is why his shove is a get off of me move. But his "defensive" thing is having more than one parry follow up on his move list. Even though there is no guaranteed actual damage off of shove it's still stamina damage which is important. He should not have this.

Just as even though the conq is coined as the ultimate defense hero he shouldn't be getting free GB's off of blocking a heavy. Both mechanics are too rewarding for passive play.

Totally agree about the conq, so annoying to fight them, they never attack, just sit and wait.

I wouldn't care if LB lost stamina drain from the block shove but at the same time Raider drains stamina while he carries YOU, which makes no sense at all. If they take stamina drain from some heroes, others should lose it too.

Knight_Raime
08-30-2017, 11:50 PM
Totally agree about the conq, so annoying to fight them, they never attack, just sit and wait.

I wouldn't care if LB lost stamina drain from the block shove but at the same time Raider drains stamina while he carries YOU, which makes no sense at all. If they take stamina drain from some heroes, others should lose it too.

No no. i'm not saying they remove the stamina drain from shove. I was referring to LB losing the free shove on blocking an attack.

EDIT: though it would be interesting if neutral shove was the harassment tool for stamina damage but shove off block didn't do anything but create space for LB. hmm...

The_B0G_
08-31-2017, 12:06 AM
No no. i'm not saying they remove the stamina drain from shove. I was referring to LB losing the free shove on blocking an attack.

EDIT: though it would be interesting if neutral shove was the harassment tool for stamina damage but shove off block didn't do anything but create space for LB. hmm...

Yeah like I said, I'd have no problem losing stamina drain on shove altogether, I only ever use it to combat light spammers basically, and to ledge people lol but thats not the block/shove version that I use to ledge.

When it really comes down to balancing ANY hero in the game, it has to be after the defense meta patch, any balancing now will be pointless.

brashtralas
08-31-2017, 12:26 AM
You can't have multiple mains, thats why it's called a main...
Sure I can. I simply hold him to the same level of importance as my other mains. If I say I have multiple mains, that makes it so.

There are no rules when it comes to choosing heroes in a video game, so it is what I say it is. :)

The_B0G_
08-31-2017, 02:40 AM
Sure I can. I simply hold him to the same level of importance as my other mains. If I say I have multiple mains, that makes it so.

There are no rules when it comes to choosing heroes in a video game, so it is what I say it is. :)

If you play multiple characters, you have no main... because you play multiple characters lol main is a word for people who play mostly one character, I've been playing LB since release and have him at rep 17, the highest other characters I have is a rep 3 and a rep 4, I'm not saying you can't play multiple characters, it's just hes not really your main if you play him just as much as others...

Netcode_err_404
08-31-2017, 02:46 AM
removing shove from block is out of question.

Just remove the fast light from it, GB and heavies needs to stay.

I would like a speed buff of the dodge > shove. It was perfect on d1, but now, pretty much all can just dodge it.

The_B0G_
08-31-2017, 02:52 AM
removing shove from block is out of question.

Just remove the fast light from it, GB and heavies needs to stay.

I would like a speed buff of the dodge > shove. It was perfect on d1, but now, pretty much all can just dodge it.

I'm not sure about all characters but nubushi seems to dodge my light after shove nearly every time. It's not guarenteed.

Linnix1
08-31-2017, 02:59 AM
It's called having a pocket main. It's usually a character that covers your mains weak points

Knight_Raime
08-31-2017, 04:59 AM
If you play multiple characters, you have no main... because you play multiple characters lol main is a word for people who play mostly one character, I've been playing LB since release and have him at rep 17, the highest other characters I have is a rep 3 and a rep 4, I'm not saying you can't play multiple characters, it's just hes not really your main if you play him just as much as others...

Actually main doesn't always mean only one person. It depends on the game. If it's say...tekken or smash brothers you can have someone you play a lot of. and then someone to fall back on if your main has a bad match up in a tournament. If you have a game that has classes you can have a main in each class. for honor has different classes and bad match ups. So it's possible for someone to have more than one "main."

Mine is centurion for instance. But my back up is warden.

The_B0G_
08-31-2017, 05:18 AM
A main and a secondary basically. Thats what I'm saying, you can only have one true main. There can be only one! *queue POD - Last resort*

brashtralas
08-31-2017, 06:28 AM
This has taken a hilarious turn. Haha

Moral of the story, my lawbringer is my highest rep, and probably the character I'm most comfortable with and have the most experience with. Whatever you want to call that.

The other classes I play, I play often, though they are slightly lower in reputation than my lawbringer.

Today's lesson in semantics is brought to you by the letter M!