PDA

View Full Version : Why do I only face Lvl 1 bots in PvE Duel and Brawl?

DoomSplitter
08-29-2017, 09:18 PM
Hey so I'm global rep level of 16 now and yet in Duels and Brawls only lvl 1 bots seem to show up. Is there any way to alter what bots turn up? I'd like to fight level 2 and 3 bots I know I can do it in custom but there are no rewards there.

Also in the deathmatch and domination I only get level 2 bots, I have never seen a level 3 bot outside of custom what do I need to do to make them trigger?

What bots do you guys face and does anyone know how the game determines what bots to put against you?

Thanks for reading.

kitcho1977
08-29-2017, 10:19 PM
I am rep 55 and I still face level 1 bots in duels and brawls and level 2 bots in 4v4 modes. Ubisoft couldn't care less about people that enjoy playing the AI. The funny part is PVE is the only mode that doesn't crash and the bots don't rage at the end of the match to cause me to lose connection. I was playing on the weekend and somehow I was fighting level 3 bots and it was so much fun, finally a AI dominion game that ended up being close instead of a trashing. I was told that it was a glitch because the next game it was back to level 2 bots

UBISOFT how many more wins do I need to start facing level 3 bots??

DoomSplitter
08-29-2017, 11:14 PM
Hey thanks for replying, It seems the bot levels are not tied to rep then. I once faced level 3 bots actually when a regular brawl collapsed and the bots replacing the other players were level 3, only time Ive seen it and it was many patches ago!

Ive heard that the bot level can be adjusted by playing pvp games, for example winning against a high rep opponent (not sure what constitutes high rep) in a duel but then going into PvE duel will lead to level 3 bots could be nonsense but I'm too rubbish to reliably beat a high rep opponent in a duel!

I've noticed the level 3 bots also have unique names and gear loadouts its seems such a waste these are barely seen!

UbiJurassic
08-30-2017, 01:02 AM
What determines a bot's level has been a rather frequent question we've received. I'll get the question over to the team and see if we can shed some more light on that. :)

Mia.Nora
08-30-2017, 03:07 AM
What determines a bot's level has been a rather frequent question we've received. I'll get the question over to the team and see if we can shed some more light on that. :)

More importantly pass them the repeated request from community to raise the level of bots we vs pls.

DoomSplitter
08-30-2017, 02:40 PM

Many thanks and as Mia requested it would be great if we could have more control of the bot opponents we face!

RatedChaotic
08-30-2017, 04:09 PM
I heard and read in many places...

The only way to get lvl3s in your AI no mm games is to raise your fighter skill or your mm ranking by doing more pvp than pve. The stats you need to get the bots to level dont raise enough by just playing AI no mm games and nothing else. You need to pvp to boost them faster. Otherwise you'll be playing vs bot1s and 2s for years.

Not sure if its true or not but seems to be the case.
Kinda stupid if its true. In my opinion.

XJadeDragoonX
08-30-2017, 04:37 PM
I personally think the minimum bot level should be level 2 in pve. And ANY time a player is replaced by a bot, that bot NEEDS to be level 3. Having just 1 person leave is a losing sentence many times because lower level bots just hang out at point B and get massacred

RatedChaotic
08-30-2017, 04:42 PM
Personally I dont wanna see 1s and 2s at all. All you have to do is get near a ledge gb and throw and on lvl 2s is just gb they cgb you gb again then throw off the ledge.

thornh
08-30-2017, 04:43 PM
When you set your Parameters in a match, as soon as you turn "Matchmaking: Off" you should be given the option to choose whether you are "Defender" or "Attacker" and both your opponent and team AI levels: Auto, 1,2,3. You should receive XP dependent on which level you choose. If you play vs all Level 3 Bots with a team that is Level 2 Bots or less you should receive the same XP as PvP.

Ubi, please make this happen.

RatedChaotic
08-30-2017, 04:48 PM
When you set your Parameters in a match, as soon as you turn "Matchmaking: Off" you should be given the option to choose whether you are "Defender" or "Attacker" and both your opponent and team AI levels: Auto, 1,2,3. You should receive XP dependent on which level you choose. If you play vs all Level 3 Bots with a team that is Level 2 Bots or less you should receive the same XP as PvP.

Ubi, please make this happen.

I'd like that. Damn good idea...

DoomSplitter
08-30-2017, 06:29 PM

The only way to get lvl3s in your AI no mm games is to raise your fighter skill or your mm ranking by doing more pvp than pve. The stats you need to get the bots to level dont raise enough by just playing AI no mm games and nothing else. You need to pvp to boost them faster. Otherwise you'll be playing vs bot1s and 2s for years.

Sounds similar to what I have heard, is playing pvp sufficient or do you actually have to win against players? This is quite awkward as I don't play pvp anymore and trying to beat players just to make my bots tougher seems like a strange system and not my idea of fun.

thorn's idea is ideal absolutely, it gives plenty of options (and being able to play attackers in PvE, yes!) I'd much rather a bot difficulty system that does not rely on players using pvp I'm sure there is a sizable population of fellows that play PvE more or less exclusively.

This is all assuming this is how bot difficulty works, hope to have something official to confirm it! :)

CandleInTheDark
08-30-2017, 07:09 PM
Honestly in brawl (no matchmaking) and duel I would rather keep it as it is or as was said above a selection, I only do AI brawl and duel for contract orders and the reason I don't do 'do 12 duels as a vanguard' in PVP is I don't want it to take the better part of an hour to do, especially if it is one of the 750 xp orders. I kind of feel I don't get enough xp to have to whittle down level three bots in the time it would take me to fight a player.

Claudius_Katt
08-30-2017, 10:28 PM

I've seen this said heaps around the place too but personally its not been the case for me,

I'm combined rep 42 and play 99% of the time vs AI and since rep 20+ I've never fought anything besides level 3 bots in duel and there has always been at least one level 3 bot in every other game mode besides skirmish and elimination,
There are no level 1 bots anymore either,
Level 2 is the lowest I've faced in months,

Not sure why I fight such high level bots all the time though since I've only spent about two hours in PVP since games launch,

Also on a side note the high level bots have actually made duel really frustrating cause the bots in there seem way cheaper than the level 3's in other modes using every underhanded tactic they can to kill you, they turtle, block, CGB and parry everything flawlessly, ledge, throw you into spikes and fire, spam unblockables and emotes and are just generally toxic,
I even had one run away and camp near ledges just so they could throw me off,
I hate them with a passion.
I'd love more control over the bots in the Solo vs AI modes too just so I can have a peaceful mid level duel every now and again.

AnEnticingSquid
08-30-2017, 10:51 PM
I'm Rep 38, almost exclusively play PvP brawl, but when I do orders involving 4v4 modes I always play vs ai because it is physically impossible for me to complete a 4v4 without someone crashing the game. I almost never get paired with rep 3 bots still... I have made probably 4 posts about this in the last 3 months. They definitely know we want them... They are just not complimenting it for some reason...

DoomSplitter
08-31-2017, 11:29 AM
@ Claudius_Kat: that's interesting is it possible those 1% of PvP games you fought a high skilled opponent or just won your matches? its possible the game remembers the last time you did pvp and gives you bots based on how you did then. You could try doing pvp and then going back to see if you get different bots. I imagine playing against nothing but level 3 bots would get quite frustrating, level 2 bots with the odd level 3 would be good for me but simply being able to choose would be ideal.

Claudius_Katt
08-31-2017, 03:32 PM
@ Claudius_Katt: that's interesting is it possible those 1% of PvP games you fought a high skilled opponent or just won your matches? its possible the game remembers the last time you did pvp and gives you bots based on how you did then. You could try doing pvp and then going back to see if you get different bots. I imagine playing against nothing but level 3 bots would get quite frustrating, level 2 bots with the odd level 3 would be good for me but simply being able to choose would be ideal.

My PVP record isnt terribly flash,
I've played 15 games with 8 wins to 7 losses and 45 kills to 48 deaths so pretty much I'm kind of the 50/50 king really,
I do know that the opponents I faced off against were pretty high rep though so maybe it is recognising that?

I have to say that Dominion AI for me at the moment is great fun with its mix of level 2 and 3 bots, its just hard enough to make the games challenging without becoming overly frustrating but it would be nice to increase or decrease the difficulty from time to time thats for sure.
Having the option to choose your bot levels and your bot allies levels would be extremely awesome, if they could at least add it for when matchmaking is off and your playing solo that would really perfect the PVE experience.

kitcho1977
08-31-2017, 09:44 PM
I was watching the stream and they had a question about the bot level. Someone said they have trouble connecting to PVP so they play AI, but they wanted to fight level 3 bots because level 2 are to easy. The devs then stated to get higher level bots you need to play PVP? How does that make any sense?

Just give us the option to choose and problem solved

DoomSplitter
08-31-2017, 10:30 PM
@Claudius_Kat: Thanks for the details it may possibly just base your bot strength on what the level of your opponent regardless of if you were victorious or not which would be a strange system if it were true...

@kitcho: It's a shame they wernt any more detailed but it seems totally bizzare to have PvE reliant on PvP for difficulty I have no statistics but in general I think players favour one heavily over the other I play PvE exclusively now, sure PvPers might pop into PvE to do orders and thats fair enough but they are not doing it for fun and would be playing PvP if they had no orders.

Would be great to have more details but most of all some control, being able to set some parameters for your game with matchmaking off as others have said would be wonderful.

UbiNoty
08-31-2017, 10:58 PM
I believe that their answer was that bot levels in AI are based on how you perform in PvP, and so if you play only PvAI you aren't able to graduate to lvl 3 bots. It's kind of a roundabount way to take stock of your skill, and then try to roughly match you up against bot opponents that are on the same level as you.

But we do know that PvAI players would like to have lvl 3 bots, as well as the option for bot lvl choice, and we're looking into it.

DoomSplitter
09-01-2017, 12:01 AM
I believe that their answer was that bot levels in AI are based on how you perform in PvP, and so if you play only PvAI you aren't able to graduate to lvl 3 bots. It's kind of a roundabount way to take stock of your skill, and then try to roughly match you up against bot opponents that are on the same level as you.

But we do know that PvAI players would like to have lvl 3 bots, as well as the option for bot lvl choice, and we're looking into it.

Thanks for clearing up how it works and for acknowledging the issue, would be great to have some new PvAI options roll out :)

manna91
09-06-2017, 02:24 AM
I asked support and they told me it was totally based on rep level, which I believe was a blatant lie to ignore me. Rep 59 fighting lvl 1 bots in duel is a joke. I love this game and have stood up for it, but after being brushed off and being told to try finding the answer on IGN by Ubisoft support it makes me really feel like they don't care at all about if people enjoy the game. Only care that they buy the game and all the content. Hope they somehow prove me wrong. Sick of lvl 1 and 2 bots, make the game fun for players who are good and like ai matches.

UbiNoty
09-07-2017, 02:07 AM
I asked support and they told me it was totally based on rep level, which I believe was a blatant lie to ignore me. Rep 59 fighting lvl 1 bots in duel is a joke. I love this game and have stood up for it, but after being brushed off and being told to try finding the answer on IGN by Ubisoft support it makes me really feel like they don't care at all about if people enjoy the game. Only care that they buy the game and all the content. Hope they somehow prove me wrong. Sick of lvl 1 and 2 bots, make the game fun for players who are good and like ai matches.

As I don't believe this is information we've previously published before it's possible they misunderstood how it works. I'm trying to compile a list of topics to update our FAQ with official answers, so I'll add bot levels in PvAI to the list :)

smiffyswar
09-07-2017, 02:28 AM
I agree need to be able to choose the level bot to fight. I mostly go against bots at the moment but its not good practice to move onto PVP when they don't even guard break and things. I know there is a practice mode but its more fun when at least levelling a bit when practice. I think it would be good to get people better ready for PVP.