PDA

View Full Version : The faction war is broken and unbalanced in population.

Varangian_Wolf
08-29-2017, 08:57 PM
You guys need to figure out a better way to make faction war worth a damn. Its methodology here is absolutely horrible how you guys use the points and zones at the end of the fight to determine the winner.... it makes no sense because your populations between factions are SO VASTLY different.

I play pretty much twice a day, late morning, and late evening.

The map CONSTANTLY is on the move for the Viking factions in particular. It is very obvious WITHOUT all the statistical info Ubi can gather each match; just by me watching the map throughout the day; that the knights have a FAR FAR FAR larger population base, and that the samurai and Viking factions are played by people who are either in different timezones or are working adults.

During the day, Vikings get crushed. At night, we come back to the even border. But no matter what, the knights consistently have taken ground or staved off invastion...

This is further shown in the results from the season phase 1 breakdown in which it ended in a TIE somehow, even though the map didn't reveal it that way at all... IN which the tie was broken by a count of overall assets contributed during phase 1... THE KNIGHTS HAD FAR MORE ASSETS THAN ANY FACTION!

Which means that the population is not only bigger, but more active.
This was the same problem that Mortal Combat had in the faction war...

This is exacerbated by the fact that the knight faction has gotten new heroes EVERY SINGLE season, and the knight faction has by far the most broken heroes in its listing.... so EVERYONE plays the faction that has the most accessible and usable heroes. No one wants to play on the losing side... especially new players.

The first season went to Vikings... but that was because your mature audience and original founders played Vikings and samurai a lot because we fell in love with the Raider and the hardcore look in beta. (Where EVERY hero looked like he was basically even in armor and appearance)...

Since the nerfs of the Viking warlord, the lack of ability to be functional of the raider until mid season 3, and the broken combos of the Conqueror, Centurion, and Warden; which effected EVERY match since release; Ubi has done NOTHING to correct the influx of players switching sides or joining to the Knight faction every day as new players. I had two friends join today, who chose knight, because their heroes, "looked cooler than the others".... they didn't realize right off that you can play any hero in faction war....

It seems small, but honestly, you need to start creating incentives for new players to be on less populated factions, and you need to marginalize the faction according to larger population to keep their ability to spam territory in check. New players should get a gold bonus depending upon population side when they join the faction... like mercenary would as his services would be more desirable in a faction that desperately needed his services.

This game has gotten better, but its still very difficult to get into because it literally feels like NO player has any ability to do ANYTHING worth a damn in the faction war overall. Its just a constant losing streak every week since season 1.

For the love of god, make the Viking heroes look like they can stand up in a fight, and are not just a ragtag bunch of rag wearing undisciplined gang members.

CandleInTheDark
08-29-2017, 09:17 PM
As I said to your last post, the faction numbers really don't matter, though given the last number we had had a small percentage difference (everyone had at the very least 31%) it isn't as large as you seem to think.

Ultimately though the numbers are equalised by the weighting of the war assets, the more people in one faction, the less weight each individual member's has, so having a larger population can be a disadvantage if the faction with most numbers has a lot of people barely contributing. As for a losing streak since week one, given your faction won the first season, that is hardly true, given it took the knights until the first round of the second season to get a win, that's a real losing streak, the closest knights came all season one was losing an assets tiebreak in round five.

There is a rubber banding effect to be certain, this is in part due to the fact that vikings and samurai have peaks and troughs in their asset allocation throughout a 24 hour period while the knights are in the middle all the way through a day and in part due to a boost factions taking losses get, but if the knights have such a huge advantage, care to tell me who won season one and who won season two?

ChampionRuby50g
08-30-2017, 12:33 AM
care to tell me who won season one and who won season two?

Apollyon is the only winner of our war. Sent forth from the Region of Ubisoft Montreal she wrecks havok on our villages and families. We must band together if we hope to beat her this season!

CandleInTheDark
08-30-2017, 12:39 AM
Apollyon is the only winner of our war. Sent forth from the Region of Ubisoft Montreal she wrecks havok on our villages and families. We must band together if we hope to beat her this season!

Well yes, when the wall comes down and the dead march it doesn't matter whose corpse sits on the throne.

UbiJurassic
08-30-2017, 12:47 AM
Well yes, when the wall comes down and the dead march it doesn't matter whose corpse sits on the throne.

https://media3.giphy.com/media/uh2RP33ezYpnW/giphy.gif

Moondyne_MC
08-30-2017, 12:47 AM
1. The lower the population of a faction, the more war assets they receive in order to even out population disparity.
2. The knights have an entire 1 more character on their roster. Someone had to get their 2 new characters first, it happened to be the Knights

CoyoteXStarrk
08-30-2017, 02:11 AM
Population doesn't matter in the fact war.

The only thing that matters is the final push. Whoever gets that gets the win.

CandleInTheDark
08-30-2017, 02:27 AM

Technically it was the second last push, a mix of the territory knights took and samurai getting the boost. When I logged on, the knights were losing all contested territories so couldn't go lower but no way were the vikings taking anything off the samurai. It was a perfect storm of things going right for the knights which is kind of sucky whoever benefits, the best round last season was I think it was round three, the territory lead changed hands like ten times, by the time it finished, it felt like the knights had earned it.

Mia.Nora
08-30-2017, 03:10 AM

Actually it does, Knights and Samurai were both had 2 rounds, last round went to Vikings and Samurai won the season because they had more assets deployed than Knights. That happened because they had more players at S2.

CandleInTheDark
08-30-2017, 03:35 AM
Actually it does, Knights and Samurai were both had 2 rounds, last round went to Vikings and Samurai won the season because they had more assets deployed than Knights. That happened because they had more players at S2.

The assets are weighted by population so that the numbers in terms of population don't matter, they have explained this numerous times on the Den.They also said in one of the season two Dens that Vikings had a higher percentage of players than they did in season one and that samurai had the largest population season one and didn't win then so that kind of blows that theory out the water also.

Mia.Nora
08-30-2017, 04:10 AM
The assets are weighted by population so that the numbers in terms of population don't matter, they have explained this numerous times on the Den.They also said in one of the season two Dens that Vikings had a higher percentage of players than they did in season one and that samurai had the largest population season one and didn't win then so that kind of blows that theory out the water also.

Not even remotely, because they simply never explained how their population weigh effect on assets work, let alone how they take into consideration of inactive players. %95 of PC-steam population is inactive players for a very simple example. And in numerous occasions they have mentioned hoe their asset balance and activity needs a rework.

To top of all that, add in the general incompetence from FH devs in pretty much every aspect of game. What were you saying again?

RoosterIlluzion
08-30-2017, 05:28 AM
You guys need to figure out a better way to make faction war worth a damn. Its methodology here is absolutely horrible how you guys use the points and zones at the end of the fight to determine the winner.... it makes no sense because your populations between factions are SO VASTLY different.

The map CONSTANTLY is on the move for the Viking factions in particular. It is very obvious WITHOUT all the statistical info Ubi can gather each match; just by me watching the map throughout the day; that the knights have a FAR FAR FAR larger population base, and that the samurai and Viking factions are played by people who are either in different timezones or are working adults.

During the day, Vikings get crushed. At night, we come back to the even border. But no matter what, the knights consistently have taken ground or staved off invastion...

This is further shown in the results from the season phase 1 breakdown in which it ended in a TIE somehow, even though the map didn't reveal it that way at all... IN which the tie was broken by a count of overall assets contributed during phase 1... THE KNIGHTS HAD FAR MORE ASSETS THAN ANY FACTION!

This is exacerbated by the fact that the knight faction has gotten new heroes EVERY SINGLE season, and the knight faction has by far the most broken heroes in its listing.... so EVERYONE plays the faction that has the most accessible and usable heroes. No one wants to play on the losing side... especially new players.

The first season went to Vikings... but that was because your mature audience and original founders played Vikings and samurai a lot because we fell in love with the Raider and the hardcore look in beta. (Where EVERY hero looked like he was basically even in armor and appearance)...

Since the nerfs of the Viking warlord, the lack of ability to be functional of the raider until mid season 3, and the broken combos of the Conqueror, Centurion, and Warden; which effected EVERY match since release; Ubi has done NOTHING to correct the influx of players switching sides or joining to the Knight faction every day as new players. I had two friends join today, who chose knight, because their heroes, "looked cooler than the others".... they didn't realize right off that you can play any hero in faction war....

It seems small, but honestly, you need to start creating incentives for new players to be on less populated factions, and you need to marginalize the faction according to larger population to keep their ability to spam territory in check. New players should get a gold bonus depending upon population side when they join the faction... like mercenary would as his services would be more desirable in a faction that desperately needed his services.

This game has gotten better, but its still very difficult to get into because it literally feels like NO player has any ability to do ANYTHING worth a damn in the faction war overall. Its just a constant losing streak every week since season 1.

For the love of god, make the Viking heroes look like they can stand up in a fight, and are not just a ragtag bunch of rag wearing undisciplined gang members.

Yet the knights haven't won a season. Lose nearly every round. Your argument is pointless.

S.J.Lannister
08-30-2017, 01:01 PM

Yes because Ubisoft is a Masonic Company. Grand Master of the Ubisoft Lodge planned that long time ago with a prophecy: There will be a great war, and thous who will lose first two Seasons will raise with Roman Empire striking down their enemies with fresh blood of ancient noobs from Free Weekend Monastery. Then Battle of Noobs will start, with many bugs and blood on their hands.

Did I opened you eyes? Do you see what future is coming? There is no Valhalla in days to come. Only Knights. Stay strong.

Dark-Thomy
08-30-2017, 01:35 PM
Maybe it has already been adressed but, I'm pretty sure that the only thing that currently matters to determine the winner of war faction is the hour of the day during which it ends.

Since it always goes back and forth, determining the winner by "how many territories are owned at a precise time", it's really is a question of chance.

thornh
08-30-2017, 04:58 PM
I still predict the Knights will win Season 3. Ubi gets very angry when anyone suggests the Faction War is fixed in anyway so, internally, I think they are praying that the Vikings or Samurai win Season 3. Remember, the DLC hero release schedule was leaked long ago and has been very accurate. Season 1 Vikings win, Knights and Samurai get a new hero in Season 2. Season 2 Samurai win, Vikings and Knights get a new hero in Season 3. Season 3 Knights win, Vikings and Samurai get a new hero in Season 4. I hope us Vikings or the Samurai can pull out Season 3 so we can bust this myth.

CandleInTheDark
08-30-2017, 05:02 PM
Maybe it has already been adressed but, I'm pretty sure that the only thing that currently matters to determine the winner of war faction is the hour of the day during which it ends.

Since it always goes back and forth, determining the winner by "how many territories are owned at a precise time", it's really is a question of chance.

I remember the first season they had it twelve hours apart at times,I think they standardised it because people pointed out that one faction had a large advantage at one of those times. To be honest, I think the time it is at currently is the most balanced and has the most chance of any of the three factions having a chance, I have seen any of the three being ahead at that time during the fortnight. Any other time it seems to hit the surge of either the samurai or the vikings.

I still predict the Knights will win Season 3. Ubi gets very angry when anyone suggests the Faction War is fixed in anyway so, internally, I think they are praying that the Vikings or Samurai win Season 3. Remember, the DLC hero release schedule was leaked long ago and has been very accurate. Season 1 Vikings win, Knights and Samurai get a new hero in Season 2. Season 2 Samurai win, Vikings and Knights get a new hero in Season 3. Season 3 Knights win, Vikings and Samurai get a new hero in Season 4. I hope us Vikings or the Samurai can pull out Season 3 so we can bust this myth.

I honestly don't think that the war is rigged, but the devs did themselves no favours at all when they made the result of the war part of the narrative behind the knights getting the centurion as backup then apparently Roman all haha it worked on the Den after the knights got the first round last season.

RatedChaotic
08-30-2017, 05:11 PM
The Developers have not shown any equation or algorithm used in this faction war. All we get told is "This is factored in this way...This is factored in that way. Theres is no statement I have seen from UBI that states..."Here is how we figure the Faction War mathematically as a whole". Everyone knows theres math gurus on video games that crunch the numbers...Makes you wonder if its why they keep it a secret...because those math gurus will find a problem with it and Ubi fears it.

I will continue to believe the Faction War is broken or rigged until I see the whole process of calculation procedures used to determine the Faction War results. So our math guys can tell us the truth instead of taking a companys word for it. I'm sure we are not seeing or being told everything that is factored in the process. Which leaves me with an uneasy feeling about the Faction War.

thornh
08-30-2017, 05:42 PM
Real war is, obviously, a horrible thing. Can you imagine a real war where you are leading an army that has just kicked butt for the past 6 hours, moving the front in their favor, when you have to look at your watch and say "Attention! You guys really kicked arse for the past six hours and we have made an impressive advance into enemy territory!! (Roars of approval from the troops) However, all of your sacrifices for the past 6 hours have been for nothing! We are going to stop right where we are! Our enemy now gets a huge bonus for us kicking their arses so hard!! We have no chance to hold this territory!! (disgruntled murmurs from the troops) We all know we could keep fighting until we take their capital but, no, not this day!! The rulebook says I need to stop and have you take it up the arse for the next 6 hours!!! Men, assume the position!!! Prepare to lose this war!!!"

RatedChaotic
08-30-2017, 05:53 PM
Real war is, obviously, a horrible thing. Can you imagine a real war where you are leading an army that has just kicked butt for the past 6 hours, moving the front in their favor, when you have to look at your watch and say "Attention! You guys really kicked arse for the past six hours and we have made an impressive advance into enemy territory!! (Roars of approval from the troops) However, all of your sacrifices for the past 6 hours have been for nothing! We are going to stop right where we are! Our enemy now gets a huge bonus for us kicking their arses so hard!! We have no chance to hold this territory!! (disgruntled murmurs from the troops) We all know we could keep fighting until we take their capital but, no, not this day!! The rulebook says I need to stop and have you take it up the arse for the next 6 hours!!! Men, assume the position!!! Prepare to lose this war!!!"

Ya its how the military statement..... Win the Hearts and Minds.... was created.

It didnt work either.