PDA

View Full Version : The return of the mappers

AW LOST SOLDIER
08-29-2017, 09:26 AM
With the up coming release of far cry 5 will you return for the fc5 map editor? what far cry turned you off? what are your hopes for fc5? what platform will you be mapping on?

For me fc4 was a turn off at first, but now i can get some enjoyment from the editor, making scenes and short maps. im looking forward to fc5 and will be mapping on xb1, what about you?

akilyoung
08-29-2017, 09:11 PM
Ill be there for sure, for me FC3 and DEFINITELY FC4 turned me off.

I made quite a few maps in FC3, but without the ability to easily play them, I stopped and many of them I never so much as published

I didnt even get FC4 till it was under $20 in the bargain bin at Target, and I only bought it to try the SP.

I have a good feeling about FC5 though. Ubi taking their time to make a proper game, the storyline and theme and knowing MP and IGE are coming back is cause for celebration!

I just hope the MP is easy to set up and play publicly like FC2 was, anything short of that will be a serious problem.

The key is make it EASY.

legacyzero
09-01-2017, 06:02 PM
Far Cry 3 really cut me deep. I spent two weeks making a map that I was really proud of, only to see it go unnoticed because of the awful sharing. I was even willing to forgive the lack of vehicles.

But Far Cry 4 is was really soured me. So it's going to take a lot to bring me back in. I was one of the most vocal opponents to FC4 on this board and Twitter after we found out it had no MP built in to the editor. But I'll be its most vocal celebration if FC5 comes back strong.

Kemet nubia
09-09-2017, 12:37 PM
Would be good to return to the platform to create some cool maps, always been on the xbox but have all platforms. my main platform though will be the xbox1 especially since ive pre-ordered the Scorpio addition Xbox1X

TRASH85
09-12-2017, 08:44 AM
anything after fc2 ( speaking map editor mp lobby system and edit tool) sucked but sp was all right but 20 to 30 hrs lator sp finished sure would have been nice to have the fc2 type mp matchesl

ducain23
09-24-2017, 02:59 AM
Well my first Far Cry map editor experience was Far Cry 4 even though I played every game. Even though FC4 has issues, I'm having a blast making stuff in it. I will definitely be coming back to the Far Cry 5 map editor :)