PDA

View Full Version : il2 config settings help please

rtbaron
09-09-2004, 10:57 PM
hi all, sorry if this is posted in wrong forum area, but could someone please give me some help understanding some of the different config settings.

under [window] section

i assume the ones assigned 0 or 1 are on or off

what do the following control?
draw if not focused
use3renders

in [game] section

highgore?
viewset?

and under both direct x and opengl

hardwareshaders?

any info much appreciated

i am on a compaq laptop with mobility ati radeon 9200 card with 6.14.10.6458 driver

right now i play offline and want to know which of opengl or directx settings will give me prettiest looking game (performance is fine at all high settings)

also is there a way to set config so default cockpit view is wideview?

some of you may have seen my other posts under the wide screen support topic? i like playing in a windowed mode with a letter box proportioned view (like widescreen cinema) this game is beautiful - but from exterior view when planes go through clouds, some type of clipping or graphics glitch occurs with clouds (the white transparent area only draws at square proportions - not right to outer edge of windows) anyone know if this can be corrected with any settings in config?

sorry for the long winded post - look forward to some helpful info - is there a full description of config options somewhere?

ron baron

rtbaron
09-09-2004, 10:57 PM
hi all, sorry if this is posted in wrong forum area, but could someone please give me some help understanding some of the different config settings.

under [window] section

i assume the ones assigned 0 or 1 are on or off

what do the following control?
draw if not focused
use3renders

in [game] section

highgore?
viewset?

and under both direct x and opengl

hardwareshaders?

any info much appreciated

i am on a compaq laptop with mobility ati radeon 9200 card with 6.14.10.6458 driver

right now i play offline and want to know which of opengl or directx settings will give me prettiest looking game (performance is fine at all high settings)

also is there a way to set config so default cockpit view is wideview?

some of you may have seen my other posts under the wide screen support topic? i like playing in a windowed mode with a letter box proportioned view (like widescreen cinema) this game is beautiful - but from exterior view when planes go through clouds, some type of clipping or graphics glitch occurs with clouds (the white transparent area only draws at square proportions - not right to outer edge of windows) anyone know if this can be corrected with any settings in config?

sorry for the long winded post - look forward to some helpful info - is there a full description of config options somewhere?

ron baron

LEXX_Luthor
09-10-2004, 03:32 AM
ATI 9200 here http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Post your "conf" file here.

Make a backup of your "conf" file and cut~n~paste this into yours (after Deleting your OpenGL listing).

Make sure you make backup copy and store somewhere else.

---------------------------------

[Render_OpenGL]
PolygonOffsetFactor=-0.15
PolygonOffsetUnits=-3.0
TexQual=3
TexMipFilter=2
TexCompress=0
TexFlags.UseDither=1
TexFlags.UseAlpha=0
TexFlags.UseIndex=0
TexFlags.PolygonStipple=1
TexFlags.UseClampedSprites=0
TexFlags.DrawLandByTriangles=1
TexFlags.UseVertexArrays=1
TexFlags.DisableAPIExtensions=0
TexFlags.ARBMultitextureExt=1
TexFlags.TexEnvCombineExt=0
TexFlags.SecondaryColorExt=1
TexFlags.VertexArrayExt=0
TexFlags.ClipHintExt=0
TexFlags.UsePaletteExt=0
TexFlags.TexAnisotropicExt=0
TexFlags.TexCompressARBExt=0
TexFlags.TexEnvCombine4NV=0
TexFlags.TexEnvCombineDot3=0
TexFlags.DepthClampNV=0
TexFlags.SeparateSpecular=0
TexFlags.TextureShaderNV=0

HardwareShaders=0

Shadows=2
Specular=2
SpecularLight=2
DiffuseLight=2
DynamicalLights=0
MeshDetail=2
VisibilityDistance=3

Sky=2
Forest=3
LandShading=3
LandDetails=2

LandGeom=2
TexLarge=1
TexLandQual=3
TexLandLarge=1

VideoSetupId=9
Water=2

---------------------------------

sky=0 is no clouds
sky=1 is Simple clouds
sky=2 is Detailed clouds

For me,...

TexFlags.UseClampedSprites=0 draws "Detailed" clouds 20km to the map horizon--twice as far as the Default "Detailed" clouds.

TexFlags.DisableAPIExtensions=1 changes the high 7km cirrocumulus clouds into washed out cirrus looking clouds...useful for a different sky appearance for missions.

"You will still have FB , you will lose nothing" ~WUAF_Badsight
"I had actually pre ordered CFS3 and I couldnt wait..." ~Bearcat99
"Gladiator and Falco, elegant weapons of a more civilized age" ~ElAurens
:
"Damn.....Where you did read about Spitfire made from a wood?
Close this book forever and don't open anymore!" ~Oleg_Maddox http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

rtbaron
09-10-2004, 09:59 PM
lexx thanks for the reply - i have given a try but i must be doing something wrong because it looks a lot worse than when i use the direct x option?

under the ubi soft program when i run the setup portion, i choose opengl, but am not sure which of the multitude settins to choose next (ati, custom, safe, max, default??? etc. etc. - how do you set up that portion? and by the way is it possible to physically harm my lap top (since the card is built in) can i burn out my graphics card? or permanently melt something inside the machine - or will it cut out if it overheats?

more help please? ron baron