PDA

View Full Version : BouseFeenux takes Centurion to the cleaner in State of the Game

Butonfly
08-29-2017, 07:12 AM
https://youtu.be/oFedjBROPoQ?t=320

"Game balance is still a major problem it's like it doesnt even exist"

"Case in point let's take a look at the first major offender, Centurion. Everyone hates this ****ing character."

"Since season two he's been the undisputed king of the salt mine and no other character feels more unfair to fight against."

"He's got a massive amount of stamina. His CC is incredibly broken. And just one mistake against him pretty much means death- as with one punish, he can take ninety to one-hundred percent of your health depending on the character you're playing."

"This dude is basically a walking cut-scene and even the most incompetent player can be absolute cancer with him."

"The craziest part is that he's been like this for months despite the feedback from the community."

"I'm starting to think that when the devs go to tweak him in any way he actually just reaches through the computer screen and just knocks them on their asses."

"Now, he's actually getting a small tweak to stamina this weekend but honestly, I don't think even that is gonna be enough."

"This character is fundamentally broken and really needs a serious look."

~BouseFeenux

Trbevis
08-29-2017, 07:29 AM
This makes me very happy to see a youtuber speaking the truth about him!

bananaflow2017
08-29-2017, 09:23 AM
Actually i Think he needs a complete rework.
He got a lot of cc options and parry punishments, but if u take that he got nothing...
So it's a problem of the general character design i guess.

In my opinion they should release the defenese meta patch fast, because After this Patch they have to rebalance all characters anyway i think....

CoyoteXStarrk
08-29-2017, 09:52 AM
BF has been complaining about the Centurion since launch.

This is hardly news.

Tyrjo
08-29-2017, 09:53 AM
Signed.

Aarpian
08-29-2017, 09:56 AM
Oh look, another bad player wants to blame centurion for his mediocrity.

Cent is, and always has been, a noob stomper. He's not a problem at high level because people aren't stupid.

Vakris_One
08-29-2017, 10:14 AM

Cent is, and always has been, a noob stomper. He's not a problem at high level because people aren't stupid.
And yet Bandanaa took him to the Final of the Exploit Tourney in an unbeaten winning streak.

I'm not one who subscribes to the Centurion salt fest but even I have to admit, Centurion is pretty viable at high level.

Mia.Nora
08-29-2017, 10:18 AM

Sorry kid, you guys lost that line of excuse when bandanaa wiped the floor with the top skilled exploiters using his 3 weeks old Centurion, going on a 16 round win streak.

You have to find a new lie now.

bananaflow2017
08-29-2017, 10:57 AM
Sorry kid, you guys lost that line of excuse when bandanaa wiped the floor with the top skilled exploiters using his 3 weeks old Centurion, going on a 16 round win streak.

You have to find a new lie now.

And what if he is just a better player than the rest? XD

Just look at other sports.... u have several of this sportsman all over the World..
Or did Klitschko have better gloves than all the others?
1 tourney is no proof for anything (statistics).
A Proof would be like 14/20 tourneys won by Cent players.
He will have bis Next adjustments soon and another 1 with the def meta patch.
But is still think he will need a general rework to balance him....

Knight_Raime
08-29-2017, 10:58 AM

This is hardly news.

He's been complaining since launch in general. Guy is annoying. Biggest thing stacked against him is he claimed the game was dying off. Then when ubi showed otherwise he was like "HAHA LOOK AT THAT LOSERS THE GAME IS FINE SCREW YOURSELVES."

Tundra 793
08-29-2017, 11:07 AM
I think the takeaway from this isn't that our opinions on balancing or the Centurion are validated by a dude on Youtube. It's that the things we've been complaining about for months, and months, is reaching a much wider audience, rather than just being paraded around these forums, and on Reddit in a neverending circle.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1735669-For-Honor-State-of-the-game-by-*BouseFeenux*-Ubisoft-watch-this

If Eric Pope watches this we might get more solid information from the devs as well, instead of the usual "we're looking into it".

Mia.Nora
08-29-2017, 11:08 AM

Just look at other sports.... u have several of this sportsman all over the World..

16 rounds win streak from a guy who just picked it up 3 weeks before finals vs people good enough to parry flickered Oroichi zones on top of exploiting every broken mechanic in the game, is all the proof you need vs the silly claim of Cent not being viable at high level play.

Alustar.
08-29-2017, 08:54 PM
Here's something no ones mentioning: the guy is a top tier player. I don't know about any of you, but you give me three solid weeks with a new GAME let alone a new character in that game and I can show you positive results. Compound that with a title and cash on the line?

gamers are gamers, and those that happen to run the elite circles are no different than any other type of "tradesman". So honestly I think it's the whiners that need to find a new argument.

Vakris_One
08-29-2017, 10:45 PM
Here's something no ones mentioning: the guy is a top tier player. I don't know about any of you, but you give me three solid weeks with a new GAME let alone a new character in that game and I can show you positive results. Compound that with a title and cash on the line?

gamers are gamers, and those that happen to run the elite circles are no different than any other type of "tradesman". So honestly I think it's the whiners that need to find a new argument.
Fair enough but the guys he was fighting weren't exactly lemmings either. They too were top tier players. I don't know about you but if I were to believe that Centurion is indeed trash in 1v1 then the guy would have been severely handicapping himself against players of equal skill to him and I would have expected him to be eliminated somewhere in the knockout stages if not sooner. And yet he wasn't.

I think it wouldn't be too far fetched to come to the conclusion that Centurion is indeed quite viable at high tier play. Is he unbeatable? No. But he is viable and certainly not trash tier as I have read from many on this forum.

CandleInTheDark
08-29-2017, 10:51 PM
Fair enough but the guys he was fighting weren't exactly lemmings either. They too were top tier players. I don't know about you but if I were to believe that Centurion is indeed trash in 1v1 then the guy would have been severely handicapping himself against players of equal skill to him and I would have expected him to be eliminated somewhere in the knockout stages if not sooner. And yet he wasn't.

I think it wouldn't be too far fetched to come to the conclusion that Centurion is indeed quite viable at high tier play. Is he unbeatable? No. But he is viable and certainly not trash tier as I have read from many on this forum.

I've never said he is trash tier but I don't know if something I have said might be misread that way, that he needs nerfing in 4v4 without making him trash tier in 1v1 which is loosely what the devs said in that they need to take both situations into account. Is he powerful 1v1? Certainly but I don't think he is massively op, yes one punish hurts though when they bring through the parry changes maybe not so much (another reason to wait for the meta changes) but you can read and dodge the punches and kicks and the charged heavy is very parryable.

UbiJurassic
08-30-2017, 01:05 AM
There was a similar thread that posted this video over in Suggestions and Feedback and we've taken note of it. We also know that Cent remains a problem for many players. We'll continue to look into balance changes for the hero.

Mia.Nora
08-30-2017, 03:17 AM
There was a similar thread that posted this video over in Suggestions and Feedback and we've taken note of it. We also know that Cent remains a problem for many players. We'll continue to look into balance changes for the hero.

Problem here is that you have been saying exact same things since S2 launch and here we are, Centurion still being the same problem he was at day 1.

Sometime in middle of S2 you guys promised Centurion nerfs on forums, then it turned out to be a lie or miscommunication whatever you call it. Then you promised as well as Roman for Centurion nerfs at start of S3 and it was not delivered neither.

Right now we have the most pointless nerf in history, Centurion 16 feint limit reduced to 8 (still twice of every other character) which is totally pointless in the light of the aspect he makes people complain in the first place. At that point does feel like Roman is favouring it and doing his absolute best not to nerf him at all.

That_guy44
08-30-2017, 03:54 AM
Don't let this distract you from the fact that Warlord has been OP since day ****ing 1. In every game mode.

Linnix1
08-30-2017, 04:17 AM
Yes but unlike cent Ubi has been continuously nerfing him since the beginning. I don't think we have had a single big update that didn't have a need to warlord there trying to adjust him and that's fine. But when one character has been a freak off the leash for an entire season without a single touch it get to be stupid. Hell with the anti defense patch it would have buffed him and no one wants that.

Antonioj26
08-30-2017, 04:27 AM
Yes but unlike cent Ubi has been continuously nerfing him since the beginning. I don't think we have had a single big update that didn't have a need to warlord there trying to adjust him and that's fine. But when one character has been a freak off the leash for an entire season without a single touch it get to be stupid. Hell with the anti defense patch it would have buffed him and no one wants that.

Not really, the strongest thing about him is his light parry punish and wall punish. Light parry will be gone altogether and without being able to GB from parry he will have a much tougher time getting his wallcombos.

HumoLoco
08-30-2017, 05:01 AM
Interesting. Nobody complain about Highlander, huh? Highlander could be abusive his moveset with his ludicrous heavy dealt. such as spam forward dodge then a heavy attack up then cancel into side heavy attack then when they reach to low health do a heavy attack to cut their head off. I played him this morning, he's really easy to play.
Centurion is still easy as you can use the nerfed shinobi beat centurion. Really any heroes CAN beat centurion. Maybe y'all should try him out and realize that he's trash lowest tiers than shinobi.

I can bet. You all of you let Centurion enjoys you like a doll. Crying him because you know nothing about him? Let me crying over Peacekeeper and Berserker, because they are assassin that I can't beat them. Crying over shugoki because they can do one or two hit you and die. Or should I crying over Shinobi because they always be very low self esteem. Or should I cry over Orochi because they only do spam dodge and some ludicrous. It's very childish.

Ima not defending Centurion. Because he is too easy for me to beat him with my main heroes. And now 4v4, when you see four of all centurion on other team, obv they made you really good low self-esteem because you dont want work hard on the controller with your beautiful fingers? Or maybe it's your team who don't know how to teamwork or they might be feeding them like LoL?

How about buff other heroes that you wish to see your favoritism hero beats centurion's butt? How about buff orochi? How about buff kensei? how about buff other heroes that can be very useful for them?

Antonioj26
08-30-2017, 05:04 AM
Interesting. Nobody complain about Highlander, huh? Highlander could be abusive his moveset with his ludicrous heavy dealt. such as spam forward dodge then a heavy attack up then cancel into side heavy attack then when they reach to low health do a heavy attack to cut their head off. I played him this morning, he's really easy to play.
Centurion is still easy as you can use the nerfed shinobi beat centurion. Really any heroes CAN beat centurion. Maybe y'all should try him out and realize that he's trash lowest tiers than shinobi.

I can bet. You all of you let Centurion enjoys you like a doll. Crying him because you know nothing about him? Let me crying over Peacekeeper and Berserker, because they are assassin that I can't beat them. Crying over shugoki because they can do one or two hit you and die. Or should I crying over Shinobi because they always be very low self esteem. Or should I cry over Orochi because they only do spam dodge and some ludicrous. It's very childish.

Ima not defending Centurion. Because he is too easy for me to beat him with my main heroes. And now 4v4, when you see four of all centurion on other team, obv they made you really good low self-esteem because you dont want work hard on the controller with your beautiful fingers? Or maybe it's your team who don't know how to teamwork or they might be feeding them like LoL?

How about buff other heroes that you wish to see your favoritism hero beats centurion's butt? How about buff orochi? How about buff kensei? how about buff other heroes that can be very useful for them?

I realize this guy is on my side, but can you anti-cent players take him please?

Tundra 793
08-30-2017, 05:14 AM
I realize this guy is on my side, but can you anti-cent players take him please?

We could, but, I for one cannot understand what he's talking about.

RoosterIlluzion
08-30-2017, 05:24 AM

This is hardly news.

Hey, Ubisoft... how can we block people on these forums?

HumoLoco
08-30-2017, 07:01 AM
We could, but, I for one cannot understand what he's talking about.

What's parts you cannot understand what I talk about? I can explain them more clear like 1st grade. Sorry, I don't have time to do an essay like one I posted, it's a vile essay, and English language is not my main too.

Butonfly
08-30-2017, 07:24 AM
Summary of how the centurion argument goes-

Anti-Cent: No matter how you look at it, regardless of what facet you highlight, Centurion takes all fun out of the game.

Pro Cent response: Centrurion is ez to beat you newb! Therefor no problem exists, nothing to see here.

Devs: We're aware there's a problem with Centurion due to the extensive, never ending, on going, highly dramatic, ultra negative response to Centurion. Something will happen some time.

Conclusion-
1) Anti-cent players problem can't be solved by Pro-cent arguments, because
2) Pro-cent players either cannot perceive, or will not hear that the issue is simply a matter of enjoyment (with no correlation to skill, though it's a continual strawman) leading to
3) an Inevitable change by the devs to restore 'fun' to the playerbase, which the Pro-cent players don't have a horse in the race of anyway.

Each side has said their piece (and will continue to go over and over it XD ) but in the end the mechanical reconstruction of Cent will be the final determining factor. Cent will be remade. Anti-Cent players will rejoice. Pro-Cent players will shrug and move on.

We.the.North
08-30-2017, 07:55 AM
2) Pro-cent players either cannot perceive, or will not hear that the issue is simply a matter of enjoyment (with no correlation to skill, though it's a continual strawman) leading to
3) an Inevitable change by the devs to restore 'fun' to the playerbase, which the Pro-cent players don't have a horse in the race of anyway.

This problem is largely due to how polarized his abilities are.

#1 : The "punish" centurion can do is over the top. Way, way over the top ... especially if there is a wall nearby (and you can't always avoid fighting near a wall). In Dominion, Centurion disabling power is also way, way over the top. His stamina drain game (while also dealing very high damage) is also way, way over the top. This is the main argument of the "anti-cent", and they are right.

#2 : Everything else about the centurion kit can be avoided and countered, easily WHEN YOU ARE FIGHTING HIM 1v1 (Pro-cent ignores everything else). Everything else from the centurion would indeed deserve to be buffed a little to make it a little less easy to counter. This is the main argument of the "pro-cent", and they are right.

Both sides are complaining about different things, both sides are right. Hence why we're having a 250+ post debate elsewhere on these forums.

Vakris_One
08-30-2017, 10:40 AM

I find it ironic and amusing that you feel you can try to talk from a superior position while in the same breath you complain about Highlander, quite possibly one of the easiest characters to beat in a 1v1.

Cheers for the laugh. I'm sure you'll beat a Highlander someday. Good luck!

https://media.giphy.com/media/g9582DNuQppxC/giphy-downsized-large.gif

Aarpian
08-30-2017, 11:05 AM

He is a better player than the rest. The only player who could've beaten him IMO was Legion, but he couldn't make it.

Aarpian
08-30-2017, 11:09 AM

Anti-Cent: No matter how you look at it, regardless of what facet you highlight, Centurion takes all fun out of the game.

Pro Cent response: Centrurion is ez to beat you newb! Therefor no problem exists, nothing to see here.

Devs: We're aware there's a problem with Centurion due to the extensive, never ending, on going, highly dramatic, ultra negative response to Centurion. Something will happen some time.

Conclusion-

Each side has said their piece (and will continue to go over and over it XD ) but in the end the mechanical reconstruction of Cent will be the final determining factor. Cent will be remade. Anti-Cent players will rejoice. Pro-Cent players will shrug and move on.

This is entirely disingenuous - people have been crying for cent NERFS, not cent adjustment. I don't think you'll find a single cent defender who says his kit is fine and fun, but you won't find a single good player who thinks cent is overpowered.
If people were complaining about cent's punishes and asking for changes, I wouldn't be having to defend him constantly. Instead, they're saying he's overpowered, which is straight up untrue.

Herbstlicht
08-30-2017, 01:53 PM
Cent being overpowered IS straight up true. And he needs be fixed as much as def meta does.

Antonioj26
08-30-2017, 02:38 PM

Conclusion-

Oooooo, I like this game let me play

Pro cent players: cents mixup game isn't as strong as you think when you learn how it's very scripted and most of it can be prevented by blocking. His real strengths are when he plays defensively.

Anti cent players: one kick and I'm dead! Might as well put my controller down! You can't stop his combos! One mistake and youre dead! Too many unblockables!

Pro cent player: one kick only yields a light, everything chain can be stopped by blocking his normals and dodging/parrying his unblockables, if your shinobi and stuck in the corner than you can die from infinite wall splat which should be fixed but incredibly situational. All of his unblockables are fairly slow, kick is 600ms and requires you to dodge forward. I think the earliest the kick can be initiated from the dodge is 200-300ms so total you have around 800-900ms from the start of his dodge to see it coming and get out of the way. His jab requires a heavy first so again very scripted and is 700ms uncharged, and his final unblockable heavy is 1100ms. All slow, all manageable

Anti cent player: pfft noob you probably can't even play any other characters! You defend cent therefore you are cent!

This whole fun factor isn't tangible, there's no measurement so there's nothing to go off of other than you repeating that it's not fun. It's subjective and I promise you that when they do nerf centurion this game will still not be fun for you because you will find someone to take his place. Your type always does this.

Antonioj26
08-30-2017, 02:44 PM
This problem is largely due to how polarized his abilities are.

#1 : The "punish" centurion can do is over the top. Way, way over the top ... especially if there is a wall nearby (and you can't always avoid fighting near a wall). In Dominion, Centurion disabling power is also way, way over the top. His stamina drain game (while also dealing very high damage) is also way, way over the top. This is the main argument of the "anti-cent", and they are right.

#2 : Everything else about the centurion kit can be avoided and countered, easily WHEN YOU ARE FIGHTING HIM 1v1 (Pro-cent ignores everything else). Everything else from the centurion would indeed deserve to be buffed a little to make it a little less easy to counter. This is the main argument of the "pro-cent", and they are right.

Both sides are complaining about different things, both sides are right. Hence why we're having a 250+ post debate elsewhere on these forums.

please read #2 again and then look at the title of the post with 250 replies.

CandleInTheDark
08-30-2017, 05:10 PM
Oooooo, I like this game let me play

Pro cent players: cents mixup game isn't as strong as you think when you learn how it's very scripted and most of it can be prevented by blocking. His real strengths are when he plays defensively.

Anti cent players: one kick and I'm dead! Might as well put my controller down! You can't stop his combos! One mistake and youre dead! Too many unblockables!

Pro cent player: one kick only yields a light, everything chain can be stopped by blocking his normals and dodging/parrying his unblockables, if your shinobi and stuck in the corner than you can die from infinite wall splat which should be fixed but incredibly situational. All of his unblockables are fairly slow, kick is 600ms and requires you to dodge forward. I think the earliest the kick can be initiated from the dodge is 200-300ms so total you have around 800-900ms from the start of his dodge to see it coming and get out of the way. His jab requires a heavy first so again very scripted and is 700ms uncharged, and his final unblockable heavy is 1100ms. All slow, all manageable

Anti cent player: pfft noob you probably can't even play any other characters! You defend cent therefore you are cent!

This whole fun factor isn't tangible, there's no measurement so there's nothing to go off of other than you repeating that it's not fun. It's subjective and I promise you that when they do nerf centurion this game will still not be fun for you because you will find someone to take his place. Your type always does this.

That very much does seem to be the narrative >.>

Honestly I don't consider myself in either camp, but then I have been part of similar arguments over my own main. I think he needs adjustments or crowd control does since 4v4 is where there are more problems, but going off 'fun' begs the question whose definition of fun since they will never please everyone.

lMoosel
08-30-2017, 06:04 PM
I appreciate Bouses game coverage and I've been subbed to him for awhile, but I can't take him serious about most of his complaining. I've watched the man play and not even be able to parry and he plays on PC cmon. It just seems like another instance of below average/average players crying over things they don't want to learn.

HumoLoco
08-30-2017, 06:06 PM
I find it ironic and amusing that you feel you can try to talk from a superior position while in the same breath you complain about Highlander, quite possibly one of the easiest characters to beat in a 1v1.

Cheers for the laugh. I'm sure you'll beat a Highlander someday. Good luck!

https://media.giphy.com/media/g9582DNuQppxC/giphy-downsized-large.gif

I found some ironic that you really know nothing. I play Highlander and abused his ludicrous moveset to win and I can beat Highlander any time with Shugoki or my main heroes i don't care who i play heroes still beat Highlander the same as centurion. Because I have to play Highlander to learn his moveset and find his weakness. Compare to Gladiator he's don't need to learn to play the same I did with Orochi. I am sure you try to drop me some cheap bait to feed you here.

Centurion deserves nothing nerf, because he's really hero to me that can clutch any hero if they let me land on them. Let him be a unique for the king clutch.

Alustar.
08-30-2017, 07:36 PM
I find it amusing how many people here misuse irony... XD
The majority of them being in the "anti-Cent" crowd, which should tell you something.

CandleInTheDark
08-30-2017, 07:40 PM
The majority of them being in the "anti-Cent" crowd, which should tell you something.

As someone who watched Castle, I share the titular character's pet peeve on that, and 'literally', those two words are almost never used right, think about it next time someone says they are literally dying.

Wolf-Heathen
08-30-2017, 08:00 PM

We, the community, don't want more "We'll look into it." We want action. All parties agree he is a problem. Start taking some definitive action to correct this egregious problem now and stop stalling. We've had to deal with this for four months now, and listen to Ubisoft first deny he was a problem, to then reluctantly admit Cent being a minor issue only in 4v4, then walking it back and saying Cent is only a problem with two Cents teaming up and pinning their target.

Xaviloga
08-30-2017, 08:06 PM
Dunno if Cent. is OP or not, i find himself annoying but its my opinion. Anyways, if you ask me, avoid the "dodge, block and parry everything" or the "play with him and learn his moves" arguments. These arguments works with any other hero in the game. Yes, if i "dodge, block and parry averything" i can beat anyone with the worst hero in game, of course. I can, theorically, beat the wold best player if i "dodge, block and parry everything". These kind of arguments kills the balance discursion at all, loses all sense.

Antonioj26
08-30-2017, 08:18 PM
Dunno if Cent. is OP or not, i find himself annoying but its my opinion. Anyways, if you ask me, avoid the "dodge, block and parry everything" or the "play with him and learn his moves" arguments. These arguments works with any other hero in the game. Yes, if i "dodge, block and parry averything" i can beat anyone with the worst hero in game, of course. I can, theorically, beat the wold best player if i "dodge, block and parry everything". These kind of arguments kills the balance discursion at all, loses all sense.

Okay but what would you say if someone said shugokis demons embrace does too much damage and heals, heavy chain does too much damage, and heavy unblockable does too much damage?

Butonfly
08-30-2017, 08:36 PM
Okay but what would you say if someone said shugokis demons embrace does too much damage and heals, heavy chain does too much damage, and heavy unblockable does too much damage?

Why compare Shugoki to Centurion when there has never been anything even remotely similar in community reaction to the two characters?

Centurion stands alone. He's unique in his history. Nothing else comes close, and for good reason.

XD

Alustar.
08-30-2017, 08:37 PM
As someone who watched Castle, I share the titular character's pet peeve on that, and 'literally', those two words are almost never used right, think about it next time someone says they are literally dying.

lol I sometimes get irritated by that. Most of the time I see the incorrect use of "literal" as a hyperbole, at least in certain cases when I know that's the intended connotation.
I would say the misuse of "irony" is as bad of a problem as the use of "irregardless". It's not a damn word, it's an oxymoron, and those using it just look more idiotic.

Antonioj26
08-30-2017, 09:09 PM
Why compare Shugoki to Centurion when there has never been anything even remotely similar in community reaction to the two characters?

Centurion stands alone. He's unique in his history. Nothing else comes close, and for good reason.

XD

But I'm not comparing them, I'm directly asking what your responses would be had someone said those things.

S0Mi_xD
08-30-2017, 10:10 PM
I am 30/70 about this topic, and those 70% are anti-cent.
In my opinion he has, to many advantages compared to his disadvantages.

Just wanna say - i am not a competetive player but at the same time i am an experienced gamer in general in all kinds of genres.
And i do pretty well in For Honor.

I used centurion only 4 times in matches (1v1 and 2v2), i played against really good player, who can parry lights (playing on consol)
With Berserker i've been on the same lvl like them skill wise.
But then i took centurion, and really destroyed them, one of them even ragequitted (against my berserker they where fine - sometimes i wrecked them in seconeds with zerkers top heavy) but with the centurion, it was like playing easy mode 20% effort compared to Zerker.
And i am a noob with Cent ^^.

You guys can tell me what you want, that cent is mid tier, and without lightparry weak (i never pulled of the light parry punish)... my opinon about Cent is solid and will stay like this.
Not unbeatable, but his potential is so high - in the right hands cent is a monster.

PrimaGoosa
08-30-2017, 10:51 PM
Most Cents I fight demonstrably don't really know how to play the game, and the unfortunate part is that they don't have to know because as people always say, one mistake and suddenly you're out your stam bar and most likely most/all of your health bar. Miss one parry and you can get completely gouged for most of your life. Then you look at the Cent and he's still at 50+% of his stam, for some reason.

From a design perspective it makes no sense, and it is discouraging to the point where I think it's detrimental to the game. So maybe people who play hours a day and have their timings on point can beat Cent regularly. That's great. It also doesn't mean he's designed well or shouldn't have some reworks, especially when you happen to be up against a wall. I'm not really for super high risk/super high reward, and most times it doesn't feel like Cent is even risking anything. Maybe you get parried, but if you land whatever you're trying to do, it's way, way worse for the Cent's opponent.

My current litmus test for heroes is, when I die, do I think "Man, that felt cheap and terrible" or do I feel "Man, I really screwed up and need to figure out what I should do against that hero". For like, every other hero, it's almost always "Man, I really screwed up". Sometimes I'll be introduced to a new mix-up or combo on a hero I don't frequently see, and it might feel cheap for a second, but on further review I always think "Well, you just don't know what you're doing, so learn". For Cent, I have a pretty good idea what I should be doing, but it almost always feels cheap and terrible.

There was one time on my new Zerk main where I killed two Cents back to back, and that felt impossibly good that one time. But again, most Cents seem to just run up and start swinging, with no sense of blocking or parrying or any concept of how my hero works, probably because most of the time that still works for them. Hell, it had worked against me in that same match before I got my kills. All I found I had to do was basically infinite chain, or just keep feinting the heavy and lighting. It was like they didn't even try to block, they just kept swinging.

TL;DR: I'd love to see things change with Cent, because it doesn't feel good to fight, as a hero. I find myself shaking my head at Cent design if I'm in a losing situation more often than not, as opposed to me whiffing parries against Highlander and shaking my head at myself for not engaging them properly or playing well.

kbvlcvfkhgc
08-30-2017, 11:06 PM
Centurion = Total Fuc*!ng Cancer

nuff said,

AnEnticingSquid
08-30-2017, 11:19 PM
I would say I'm 50/50 on beating and losing to cents. But either way, I never enjoy fighting them. You can't gain any momentum. You just have to sit back and wait for them to start attacking. Because you are always 1 light parry or one whiff away from the 50% health and 100% stamina draining cutscene. Then when you get up, you have to play the " dodge the kick" minigame for a minute before getting a chance to retaliate. Every body complains about the turtle meta, but then those same people turn around and say " all you have to do is wait and counter everything he does". There's a word for that isn't there? Oh yes, that's it, Hypocrisy

PrimaGoosa
08-31-2017, 01:04 AM
Every body complains about the turtle meta, but then those same people turn around and say " all you have to do is wait and counter everything he does". There's a word for that isn't there? Oh yes, that's it, Hypocrisy

As much as I think hypocrisy is an overblown metric to weigh someone's character, this made me bark a laugh out loud. At a minimum, it highlights that people aren't putting much thought into this.

Vakris_One
08-31-2017, 02:09 AM
I hope you're not putting me in either category. I'm not in either camp concerning the rowdy Roman rhubarb rubber and I managed to used the term ironic correctly, all by my own self and everything :)

Linnix1
08-31-2017, 02:49 AM
It's almost like cent enforces the def/party meta as much as he breaks it. He has one of the best party punishes in the game all the while draining you of at least half your stamina bat while doing so.