PDA

View Full Version : Is the Gladiator's side dash un-blockable shield bash attack too fast to bait out?

Mighty_Mackerel
08-29-2017, 06:29 AM
Watch closely. Watch it several times if you have to, because it happens really fast. (In fact, it happens so fast that you HAVE to watch it several times, like clicking the right time mark over and over again to see it. The 4 second mark I think is the best spot to do this)

https://youtu.be/m5Jzx2QaSrc

First I got him with a shoulder bash then side light combo. Then, I decided to cancel the next shoulder bash. I decided to guess that he would dodge to the side and use his un-blockable shield bash attack, (which is exactly what happened) so as soon I canceled the SB I IMMEDIATELY dodged backwards. I did not even wait a millisecond to see if he would do what I thought he was going to do, I did it as fast as I possibly could. Yet as you can see, this Gladiator was still able to clock me in the face.

So what do you guys think? Should I have dodged to the side instead of backwards? Maybe the wall behind me didn't let me dodge back far enough? Or do you think the Gladiator's side dash un-blockable shield bash attack is too fast to bait out with a feint or un-blockable cancel?

These are serious questions, I am not being the least bit sarcastic or biased, I legitimately want to know what you guys think happened. Because I was dumbfounded that he was still able to hit me even after predicting his attack and reacting as fast as I possibly could to it.

Mia.Nora
08-29-2017, 06:39 AM
I think answer is side dodge, but also you probably can back dash GB with chars that have good dodge distance (unlike warden). This is mainly because gladiator side dodge curves around your character when done locked on.

Mighty_Mackerel
08-29-2017, 06:51 AM
I think answer is side dodge, but also you probably can back dash GB with chars that have good dodge distance (unlike warden). This is mainly because gladiator side dodge curves around your character when done locked on.

Alright, sounds good, thank you!

Mighty_Mackerel
08-29-2017, 07:27 AM
Actually, I guess I just didn't do it fast enough here. Because I tried this stunt again with another Gladiator and he missed me. I even dodged backwards just like I did here. So I don't know, like I said, maybe I just didn't do it fast enough here, or maybe the spacing was different, or maybe this Gladiator dodged sooner than the one that missed me... who knows. All I know is that there's an inconsistency. :/