PDA

View Full Version : I bet I can make elimination your favorite game mode.

AnEnticingSquid
08-29-2017, 05:01 AM
So I think it's pretty universal that skirmish is the worst game mode in the history of game modes. It's so dry and dull with zero skill involved. A close second (and I mean nut to butt close) is elimination. For obvious reasons, but since I like to hear my self... Erm... Type... : Powerups, shinobi retreats,
And gank squads. Now, onto the good stuff.

*NEW CHANGES TO ELIMINATION*
Each map has different spawn points. For instance: Shipyard has all 8 players spawn next to each other on top of the ship. A massive melee issues. No need for powerups, we won't need them where were going. Temple garden has you split up into teams of dose 2v2s. Out brawl your opponents to help your teammates. Citadel gate has the standard rules. 4 1v1s happening simultaneously throughout a sprawling map.

You could make unique scenarios for every map without doing much hardware adjustment. Not only would this revitalise the game mode, but it will make each map unique in more than just aesthetics. You will actually want to play every map because it brings new challenges and interesting scenarios. You would happily grind out this game mode because it changes with every new map.

Maps wouldn't be just a vehicle with which you play the same exact thing you've just played, it would be a catalyst for intense and at times, hilarious, quick fights to the death. And why stop at spawn points? You could introduce a whole host of rules that could even happen randomly on each map. Examples would include (but are not limited to): double damage, no hud, no gear score, double gear score, double throw distance, TRIPLE throw distance, QUADRUPLE THROW DISTANCE!!!!!111one, NO centurians, ONLY CENTURIANS, a sphere of infleuence that gets smaller and smaller with each passing second (stay within its boundaries or be eviscerated in record time), random lvl 4 feats falling from the sky, 24-7 nonstop revenge the whole game, i could go on for ever but you get the point. Hell, you could even add king of the hill to a map without much coding. ( there would be 1 capture point and once your whole team stands on it for 1 minute, you win. The point is you could really go balls to the wall with this game mode (and EVERY game mode for that matter) to make the replayability implode under it's own existential mass. OR, you can just do nothing and leave this game mode as dead as disco. The choice is yours devs... Will you make this game mode fun? Or will you fail to realise the error of your ways... LET THE GAMES BEGIN.

bmason1000
08-29-2017, 05:13 AM
So when i started reading this i thought you were a crazy pertain that was going to talk a bunch of ridiculous nonsense that would improve nothing, possibly complain a lot. Then i kept reading. I am so on board with you.

Vakris_One
08-29-2017, 10:21 AM
Put a time limit on it and once the timer runs out the game unleashes an endless hoard of charging Raiders that ledge everyone off the map and go into an orgy of emote spam.

Make an achievement award for surviving more than 2 waves of charging Raiders and boom! Most popular game mode over night :

P.S. I like the idea of different starting positions for different maps. That would make Elimination more exciting for sure.

Knight_Raime
08-29-2017, 11:01 AM
tbh elim would be the one 4v4 mode i'd actually play a lot if power ups were removed, gear stats were off, and feats were unlocked from the get go.

Camemberto
08-29-2017, 11:15 AM
I like the Idea of different starting positions, period.

4v4
2v2 + 2v2
3v3 + 1v1

SenBotsu893
08-29-2017, 08:46 PM
random events? no thanks that sounds just stupid.

and having all guys at the same starting possition to have a immideate skirmish.... we already have skirmish mode for that.

sorry but the only thing id like for elemination would be NO powerups.

AnEnticingSquid
08-29-2017, 11:10 PM
random events? no thanks that sounds just stupid.

and having all guys at the same starting possition to have a immideate skirmish.... we already have skirmish mode for that.

sorry but the only thing id like for elemination would be NO powerups.

I was kidding about most of the random events. But the spawn points would definitely improve the game mode by a huge margin... Right now it is so dry... Hence why nobody plays it...

UbiJurassic
08-30-2017, 01:25 AM
Definitely an interesting take on Elimination for sure! We're definitely not looking to leave the game mode dead in the water.

UbiNoty
08-31-2017, 12:57 AM
So I think it's pretty universal that skirmish is the worst game mode in the history of game modes. It's so dry and dull with zero skill involved. A close second (and I mean nut to butt close) is elimination. For obvious reasons, but since I like to hear my self... Erm... Type... : Powerups, shinobi retreats,
And gank squads. Now, onto the good stuff.

*NEW CHANGES TO ELIMINATION*
Each map has different spawn points. For instance: Shipyard has all 8 players spawn next to each other on top of the ship. A massive melee issues. No need for powerups, we won't need them where were going. Temple garden has you split up into teams of dose 2v2s. Out brawl your opponents to help your teammates. Citadel gate has the standard rules. 4 1v1s happening simultaneously throughout a sprawling map.

You could make unique scenarios for every map without doing much hardware adjustment. Not only would this revitalise the game mode, but it will make each map unique in more than just aesthetics. You will actually want to play every map because it brings new challenges and interesting scenarios. You would happily grind out this game mode because it changes with every new map.

Maps wouldn't be just a vehicle with which you play the same exact thing you've just played, it would be a catalyst for intense and at times, hilarious, quick fights to the death. And why stop at spawn points? You could introduce a whole host of rules that could even happen randomly on each map. Examples would include (but are not limited to): double damage, no hud, no gear score, double gear score, double throw distance, TRIPLE throw distance, QUADRUPLE THROW DISTANCE!!!!!111one, NO centurians, ONLY CENTURIANS, a sphere of infleuence that gets smaller and smaller with each passing second (stay within its boundaries or be eviscerated in record time), random lvl 4 feats falling from the sky, 24-7 nonstop revenge the whole game, i could go on for ever but you get the point. Hell, you could even add king of the hill to a map without much coding. ( there would be 1 capture point and once your whole team stands on it for 1 minute, you win. The point is you could really go balls to the wall with this game mode (and EVERY game mode for that matter) to make the replayability implode under it's own existential mass. OR, you can just do nothing and leave this game mode as dead as disco. The choice is yours devs... Will you make this game mode fun? Or will you fail to realise the error of your ways... LET THE GAMES BEGIN.

Oh, I actually really like some of the ideas you've put forward.
It would certainly disrupt any type of consistency that players have come to expect when they load into elimination, so it would probably have to technically be renamed to Ultra Elimination (or something, I'm bad at naming stuff) but it sounds like such a neat idea!

I'm particularly partial to the random level 4 feats falling from the sky. (SSB was always more fun with items turned on - or is it just me that feels this way?)

What if everyone under 50% hp gets bleed effects for 10 seconds, or everyone goes OOS unless you run to pick up a buff, or even better - revenge for everyone!

PrimaGoosa
08-31-2017, 01:11 AM
Mutators are the spice of life. When I play Rocket League, I actually prefer a game chock full of mutators. Low gravity, huge ball, super high gravity, ultra bouncy ball. It keeps the same fun framework feeling fresh.

The one thing For Honor has against it with respect to mutators is everyone thinks every single fight needs to be an ultimate test of skill between individuals. Maybe this will help break that though?

AnEnticingSquid
08-31-2017, 01:57 AM
Oh, I actually really like some of the ideas you've put forward.
It would certainly disrupt any type of consistency that players have come to expect when they load into elimination, so it would probably have to technically be renamed to Ultra Elimination (or something, I'm bad at naming stuff) but it sounds like such a neat idea!

I'm particularly partial to the random level 4 feats falling from the sky. (SSB was always more fun with items turned on - or is it just me that feels this way?)

What if everyone under 50% hp gets bleed effects for 10 seconds, or everyone goes OOS unless you run to pick up a buff, or even better - revenge for everyone!

How about: "Eliminanarchy"? It rolls right off the tongue!

Bit it sounds like a good idea for AN EVENT eh?? Maybe if enough people like it we could see it come into fruition. At least the spawn points... That was the real ham and cheese of this post-sandwich. The rest was merely for fun. But it would still be awesome and hilarious to see. Then you could make a ranked elimination for all the people who don't like fun. They can twiddle their thumbs and play their "honorable" 1v1s in a game mode that's all about teamwork... While the rest of us dodge random catapults and arrows all the while having a good time!