PDA

View Full Version : My one gripe that i still have with this game, and it's a simple one.

TheNinefingers
08-29-2017, 04:29 AM
I've played this game for quite some time now, 721 hours according to steam. There have been a lot of changes, and just as many things have stayed the same. I've pretty much just settled with the game as it is, with the exception of the remaining heroes. I love this game, but it has it's downsides, and I'm willing to overlook all of them because the parts that I like about this game outweigh those that I don't by a significant margin. Except one thing.

It nags at me every single time i play this game. Hundreds of times, and it hasn't diminished yet. ******* color schemes being limited to defense and offense!

Please, just let us pick whatever colors we want out of one enormous choice of pallets. Let us enjoy the customization. I don't know of anybody who actually looks at what colors the other players are wearing to determine whether they're friend or foe. Somewhere, i'm sure there's some people who play without HUD enabled for the challenge of no indicator arrows. Just enable the emblems over player heads to accommodate those very small marginalized players.

This is quite an easy thing to implement, and would really add to the enjoyment a lot of us players have with the heroes.

C'mon UBI, you know you'd want this for your own heroes too.

TheNinefingers
08-30-2017, 01:05 AM
Bump.

I posted this during a pile of spam, but if nobody else seems interested I'll let it die.

UbiNoty
08-31-2017, 01:31 AM
We made changes earlier to incorporate as many of the neutral palettes into either att/def based on the color scheme - however not all colors were made available and some had to remain neutral-only just due to the colors it used. Generally we want to try to keep at least a sense of attacker/defender colors associated with different palettes if only for the sake of clarity and consistency.

Is there a specific color palette you're trying to use?

XJadeDragoonX
08-31-2017, 01:56 AM
To the devs, is there any particular reason we can't just create our own color palette? We could just be allowed to use the colors specific to attack or defend and still make our own combination. Not to mention the VAST majority of color palettes are locked behind a very steep level barrier. Its one thing to lock symbols and what not behind the level barrier, but colors? It's very unsatisfying how limited our color options are.

UbiNoty
08-31-2017, 02:28 AM
To the devs, is there any particular reason we can't just create our own color palette? We could just be allowed to use the colors specific to attack or defend and still make our own combination. Not to mention the VAST majority of color palettes are locked behind a very steep level barrier. Its one thing to lock symbols and what not behind the level barrier, but colors? It's very unsatisfying how limited our color options are.

I can pass along the suggestion. I do know that we're trying to make increased customization available in the future, so something similar may already be in their plans.

TheNinefingers
08-31-2017, 03:41 AM
I just don't see much of a point to maintain color cohesion between attacking and defending players. It doesn't actually accomplish anything, helps nobody, and simply meets somebody's goal for aesthetics and sounds like a good talking point.

I'm quite confident that if you went around and asked players if they'd prefer to keep them separated or open it all up, the vast majority would like the extra customization.