PDA

View Full Version : Please do something about the 50/50 combos, Ubisoft.

Mighty_Mackerel
08-29-2017, 03:54 AM
I've talked about this before, but I'll talk about it again. The 50/50 combo is fine, but something needs to be done to the game so that rolling away isn't the only way to counter the guessing game that the 50/50 combo presents. I don't know what needs to be done exactly, but all I know is that SOMETHING needs to be done so that way the 50/50 combo isn't a 50/50 combo in the first place.

S0Mi_xD
08-29-2017, 10:37 PM
Can you call some 50/50s by name?
Actually, i don't know any real 50/50.
Everything, that is considered a 50/50 is reactable (and i play on console)

That_guy44
08-30-2017, 03:32 AM

https://s.mxmcdn.net/images-storage/albums/1/8/1/7/2/8/32827181_350_350.jpg

No one is reacting to Warden's 50/50. ESPECIALLY on console.

Mighty_Mackerel
08-31-2017, 06:47 AM

Any un-blockable that can be canceled and followed by a guard break is a 50/50. The most common one being the Warden's shoulder bash cancel into guard break, others include the Raider canceling his zone un-blockable, the Kensei canceling his top heavy un-blockable, the Centurion canceling his charged stab un-blockable, etc.

Herbstlicht
08-31-2017, 06:57 AM
Well, there are some that are rather fine (Kensei, Raider) and some that can be a little stupid against some chars (Warden) or just broken (centurion, unblockable symbol forces you to react into cancel). Last example is the worst, because its by far the most punishing and normally people play on ultra fast reactions against cent because you don't, you die.

S0Mi_xD
08-31-2017, 05:56 PM
https://s.mxmcdn.net/images-storage/albums/1/8/1/7/2/8/32827181_350_350.jpg

No one is reacting to Warden's 50/50. ESPECIALLY on console.

hey, i am No one, and you ?
There are enought people who can react to everything
It is pretty biased to talk for everyone in this way.

Any un-blockable that can be canceled and followed by a guard break is a 50/50. The most common one being the Warden's shoulder bash cancel into guard break, others include the Raider canceling his zone un-blockable, the Kensei canceling his top heavy un-blockable, the Centurion canceling his charged stab un-blockable, etc.

Wardens shoulderbash is on border in this topic, it is hard to react on it, but everthing else is about being patient.
Raiders unblockable cancel, wait for the last moment, raider can't cancel at the full animation, only up to a certain point, same goes for Kensei (thats even easier that to react then raiders).
About centurion, he can only cancel charged heavies, not unblockables - he has to chargeable heavies
1. The basic heavy (not unblockable) this one he can cancel up to the half attack animation.
2. The chained heavy (that turns unblockable) this one can only be canceled in the first splitseconds BEFOR it turns unblockable, so if you see the red unblockable, you can dodge or parry it - just don't panic.

I am not sayn it is easy, but it is reactable, all you need is to practice it.

Mighty_Mackerel
08-31-2017, 06:59 PM
Wardens shoulderbash is on border in this topic, it is hard to react on it, but everthing else is about being patient.
Raiders unblockable cancel, wait for the last moment, raider can't cancel at the full animation, only up to a certain point, same goes for Kensei (thats even easier that to react then raiders).
About centurion, he can only cancel charged heavies, not unblockables - he has to chargeable heavies
1. The basic heavy (not unblockable) this one he can cancel up to the half attack animation.
2. The chained heavy (that turns unblockable) this one can only be canceled in the first splitseconds BEFOR it turns unblockable, so if you see the red unblockable, you can dodge or parry it - just don't panic.

I am not sayn it is easy, but it is reactable, all you need is to practice it.

Interesting... I'll see how that goes then.

That_guy44
08-31-2017, 07:25 PM
the people who can beat my vortex would like to have a word with you...

If you're only doing a vortex, then yes it's easy to beat. You just dodge out of the way. If you're doing his 50/50 mixup, the opponent can either either guess or roll away. The player can make the decision you are going to use the unblockable or cancel into a gb. That's all it is. You guess based on what your opponent has tried before. Its not reaction like every else. Hence why it's ********.

UbiNoty
08-31-2017, 11:41 PM
I can pass along your concerns about it. We've said previously we aren't going to go so far as to remove 50/50s or anything as some have asked for, but we can certainly try to improve on them.

AnEnticingSquid
09-01-2017, 03:32 AM
I can pass along your concerns about it. We've said previously we aren't going to go so far as to remove 50/50s or anything as some have asked for, but we can certainly try to improve on them.

Can you tell me what you consider a "50/50"? Because I am in awe that the devs actually want this cancer in their game. What challenge does it bring? What skill does it require? Who enjoys playing a guessing game mid fight where the wrong answer takes away health and stamina, and the right answer just resets you back to neutral for them to try again? And I'm not talking about raider or kensei here. I don't believe they have "50/50"s. (Raiders grab has supposedly been nerfed. Thank God...) If they did, they would be top tier. I consider centurian and warden to have them. And nobody... Absolutely nobody I have ever interacted with in this game, have ever said they enjoy 50/50s... It really is mind blowing that the devs want to keep them honestly. No respectable fighting game would ever want something like that in their game as it gives certain characters a huge advantage over the others. And leads to the embarrassment that was the tournament... So the devs enjoyed seeing half the finalists spamming raider charges as the commentators tried their damnedest to make it seem interesting?? Or is my definition of 50/50 and yours different? Please... For the love of God tell me they are...