PDA

View Full Version : Hybrids skin customization

Kurofeng
08-28-2017, 12:55 PM
Something I noticed in the current art is the lack of customization on the skin of some hybrids. For as we seen having tattoos will be not a problem with hairless hybrids, like pigs, rhinos, sharks and even monkeys. But with characters like Kim Hyun-Jun, the tiger, and another pelted folks, a tattoo is out of consideration.

So, what about scarification, hot/cold branding or shaving in a pattern, for these specific hybrids, to gave them a more unique appearance? Not only scars or brands of their creators, but real works of art or simply marks doing while messing around with a hot piece of metal wire on a boring Sunday afternoon.

Between pelted hybrids this could be an appearance modification?

Just and idea that always bothers when I see an hybrid in games or movies. They usually try to customize them with jewelry or clothes, but again the designers have to come around an general idea so even this way is complicated to make them visually unique. That is why the Ronso from FFX or every one of the animal species, like the bunnies, pandas, wolves, etc, on the Kung Fu Panda movies can look very well designed but very plain when they are in a same group.

Even so, making a character unique just painting them in another color [Biran Ronso of FFX and Shen of KFP2 as examples] is overused. Of course is an interesting form to separate them from the rest, but still is like telling to the public that every creature who had a different natural coloration automatically become an special character. I specific "natural" cause fur dyed can be another form or modification.

Of course, I'm just talking about the appearance, putting aside the character personality. That is a more deep specific trait.

Well, this is just a bunch of stuff I got in mind since forever and I wanted to share.

[sorry for my bad English btw]

LordKrillos
09-14-2017, 08:55 AM
I vouch for the scarification exclusively for hybrids with fur. It would add a good variety for the customization.

Legion-495
09-14-2017, 03:28 PM
There is a game called Observer. It is more a horrorgame. Well they have "electronic" tattos.
Those would change to what you like. A idea that will probably not be used. I have no idea how you would put that into the game.
Such E-paper ideas would be fancy thing to see on clothing.

Shaving pattern. A really nice idea.

WiwarK9
09-16-2017, 01:40 AM
https://www.instagram.com/p/BZBcEqAgXgK/?taken-by=michelancel

Legion-495
09-16-2017, 05:33 PM
The important stuff first. Why would that ?Panda? have a nipple ring xD
Why not ^-^ I guess

ElPrimordial
09-25-2017, 06:54 PM
Seems to be they already planned that or they liked your idea :)