PDA

View Full Version : all heroes should have a punch or a kick

matt89connor
08-28-2017, 09:01 AM
samurai know martials arts, vikings has brute force and knight has traning , so every heroes not just a few, should have a melee attack like punch or kick, or similar attacks to counter turtles or to simply combine with his combo, what do you think?

Draghmar
08-28-2017, 09:19 AM
I think I would rather like to have meta changes in game then increase number of orange screen and UB spam in 4v4.

Specialkha
08-28-2017, 09:35 AM
While your idea would be good I think in 1v1 to break turtle. I would rather wait for the long awaited meta def patch, I think it will break 4v4 even more.

My.Insanity
08-28-2017, 09:40 AM
i agree on bothe sides... we need some meta changes like the reward for a Parry but we also need some changes in the Kits of some Heros to open turtles or to use more mixups.

For example:

I think the Gladiator is in a very good spot... his Punches give ways to open turtles but they dont give a garantueed hit as a follow up. Same goes for his Toe Stab.. the dmg is very small but it helps to keep the enemy moving. Also he can use many mixups after a light attack. (light -> light / light -> heavy / light -> toe stab / light -> pin+bleed or pin+move) *and all the heavys can be fainted.

with more Heros desigend as the Gladiator their would be no "Meta"

matt89connor
08-28-2017, 09:48 AM
i agree on bothe sides... we need some meta changes like the reward for a Parry but we also need some changes in the Kits of some Heros to open turtles or to use more mixups.

For example:

I think the Gladiator is in a very good spot... his Punches give ways to open turtles but they dont give a garantueed hit as a follow up. Same goes for his Toe Stab.. the dmg is very small but it helps to keep the enemy moving. Also he can use many mixups after a light attack. (light -> light / light -> heavy / light -> toe stab / light -> pin+bleed or pin+move) *and all the heavys can be fainted.

i agree, gladiator deisgn is perfect for end the turtle style but the parry are still strong

matt89connor
08-28-2017, 09:50 AM
While your idea would be good I think in 1v1 to break turtle. I would rather wait for the long awaited meta def patch, I think it will break 4v4 even more.

mmmh yes, it needs a test because ,probably will be an "orange spam" lik Draghmar says XD

matt89connor
08-28-2017, 09:52 AM
still, i think add melee like this will increase the playstyle and reduce turtles, the spam will be there but if the cost of a melee will be high, the spam will be reduced ;)

Draghmar
08-28-2017, 10:05 AM
still, i think add melee like this will increase the playstyle and reduce turtles, the spam will be there but if the cost of a melee will be high, the spam will be reduced ;)
Meta changes should reduce defense meta. Until then there's really no point in adding stupid moves like that. It's already UB spam fest and stun spam fest in any 4v4.

Same goes for his Toe Stab.. the dmg is very small but it helps to keep the enemy moving.
Yes, it's a great move. Especially in 1v2 situations where at least one of of those two is Gladiator and spam this move all the time. And no, you can't constantly dodge because there is another opponent that will caught you with GB.

Of course there would be. I would call it - spam meta, where all you do is spam and whoever start sooner will win. ;) The defense and blocking has to be in the game. It should be viable option.

Grivois_Gaulois
08-28-2017, 12:28 PM
samurai know martials arts, vikings has brute force and knight has traning , so every heroes not just a few, should have a melee attack like punch or kick, or similar attacks to counter turtles or to simply combine with his combo, what do you think?

Haven't most heroes already got some ?

Shouldbash, grappling, wrestling, push, shield charge, martial art kicks and so on...

matt89connor
08-28-2017, 12:42 PM
Haven't most heroes already got some ?

Shouldbash, grappling, wrestling, push, shield charge, martial art kicks and so on...

yeah but there ase some heroes than they don't have nothing. I don't pretende a list of moves with melee, but just, 1 attack that can be combine with some tattics

Draghmar
08-28-2017, 01:15 PM
yeah but there ase some heroes than they don't have nothing. I don't pretende a list of moves with melee, but just, 1 attack that can be combine with some tattics
Most of them have something like that. I think the only ones that doesn't are PK and Berserker. But they have other tools at their disposal.

S0Mi_xD
08-28-2017, 01:18 PM

No, pls not - there are already to much melee attacks.

Not every hero needs a melee attack, at first we do need a defense meta balance.

After, at least a parry balance (in my opinion parry shouldn't guarantee any dmg, and cost stamina to limit it), the heroes need to be adapted to the balanced meta.
Sure we can give every idiot a spam attack, or instead we give every hero some more mix up potential - best example is Raider, he got no new moves, but his mix up potential was raised immense.
And now he is in a good spot.

S0Mi_xD
08-28-2017, 01:25 PM
Most of them have something like that. I think the only ones that doesn't are PK and Berserker. But they have other tools at their disposal.

PK, Orochi, Berserker, Raider, Kensei do have no Melee attack.

Nobushi, Shugoki (shugokis oni charge is useless), Valkyrie, they have higher conditions to get the melee attack (that means more than just a dodge)

Grivois_Gaulois
08-28-2017, 07:13 PM
PK, Orochi, Berserker, Raider, Kensei do have no Melee attack.

Nobushi, Shugoki (shugokis oni charge is useless), Valkyrie, they have higher conditions to get the melee attack (that means more than just a dodge)

Raider has an off guard and an on guard charge, not to mention stick attack... The only hero actually missing some melee expertise is the kensei for the 3 others are highly mobile assassins relying on hit and dodge.

S0Mi_xD
08-28-2017, 07:19 PM
Raider has an off guard and an on guard charge, not to mention stick attack... The only hero actually missing some melee expertise is the kensei for the 3 others are highly mobile assassins relying on hit and dodge.

Yeah, his charge, a running attack, that got balanced again - i do not count this kind of attack into it but if you want it - ok Raider has 1 grab running attack (this is only off guard)

What is a stick attack?

bmason1000
08-28-2017, 08:07 PM
Yeah, his charge, a running attack, that got balanced again - i do not count this kind of attack into it but if you want it - ok Raider has 1 grab running attack (this is only off guard)

What is a stick attack?
I think he's talking about stunning tap, which is block/parryable so doesn't count.

Jarl.Felix
08-28-2017, 08:20 PM

Lol. That would mean balance to the classes something Ubifail never wants to do . Don't dream boy.