PDA

View Full Version : A plea to the dev : Nail Bomb

We.the.North
08-28-2017, 03:24 AM
I play Shinobi and I often swtich between the heal on attack 4th feat and the Nail Bomb feats. However, there are 2 problems with the Nail Bomb ...

#1 : If you put it at your feet and an enemy walks into it while you are still in it, it will kill you ...

Solution : Please add a 3 second delay before the trap becomes active so I can dodge out of the area of effect. Right now, even with the double dash of the Shinobi, the chances for you to get out of the trap area of effect are slim to none.

#2 : No Friendly Fire reduction on Nail Bomb ??

The fire flask and the catapult can be throw at your own feet and it will barely damage you, friendly fire seems to reduce greatly the damage done by the feat. However, I dont think Nail Bomb gets a friendly fire treatment. It one shots the Shinobi, litteraly.

Is that normal ??

bmason1000
08-28-2017, 03:59 AM
Sounds all right to me. All those other feats should be at that level. Throwing a fire flask at your own feet or dropping a catapult on yourself should do equal damage to the user and team mates.

Moondyne_MC
08-28-2017, 06:27 AM
No different at all to my Nobu's fire trap. Does 100% damage to myself, and goes off instantly if someone else is in the AoE. Nail Bomb is already crazy strong, no need for changes.

ChampionRuby50g
08-28-2017, 06:56 AM
To 1.
How is it different to a bear trap, besides it been a 4th? I place a bear trap at my feet as I'm about to be attacked and it triggers, I get caught in it as does the enemy, we both suffer. Why should it be any different? It's my stupidity to place it down in a dangerous situation and I should pay the consequences. Nail Bomb is fine as it is, if you place it down at your feet and it goes off, you should suffer the consequences. The catapult will fully kill me if I use it while surrounded, so don't know what you mean by FF not working.

SangLong524
08-28-2017, 08:03 AM
No.1: Nail bomb is a strategic feat, it is not supposed to be used aggressively. U have to bait and position yourself. It could be if all hope is lost, though, so in that case it become a great suicidal move, hopefully dragging your opponents along with u. I don't agree with 3 sec activation. U think your opponent doesn't see u crouch down to place the bomb?! I oppose crazy bomb squig tactic without blowing up the squig to pieces.
No.2: fire flask, catapult, arrow storm and spear storm do kill the caster sometimes, although it isn't as consistent as nail bomb. So yeah, I reluctantly agree that some adjustments would be welcome

kweassa1
08-28-2017, 08:54 AM
#2 seems to be a fair point. All the other trap/bombs compensate for FF, and if nailbomb doesn't have one, it should.

#1 I do not agree with. Like others have said, it's not a grenade. It's a trap. Don't lay down traps when someone's standing 10 feet in front of you -- and problem solved.

matt89connor
08-28-2017, 09:55 AM
good spot, i agree they have to take a look at this info that the guy wrote

Moondyne_MC
08-28-2017, 10:07 AM
What traps incur lesser FF damage? All stunning traps and my Nobu's fire trap have 100% FF effects as far as I'm aware. What else is there aside from Nail Bomb?

SenBotsu893
08-28-2017, 04:28 PM
huh now that you mention it. the viking fireflask does not really hurt the user either does it? jeah thats kind of odd

bmason1000
08-28-2017, 07:05 PM
huh now that you mention it. the viking fireflask does not really hurt the user either does it? jeah thats kind of odd
Yeah those types of feats don't, just the traps. Personally, i think they should.

UbiJurassic
08-29-2017, 01:24 AM
I'll make a note regarding both points you raised regarding the nail bomb, We.the.North. As a Shinobi player myself, I often get caught in my own nail bombs as well, but I'm also a terrible Shinobi so... :p