PDA

View Full Version : Whats the cure for beeing sunlocked?

Zoolagg
08-28-2017, 03:22 AM
I am new and i am orochi reputation 5.

It seems the "heavy tank" guys charging you,bashing you against a wall and finish u off and there is no way out of it, no dodging, no guardbreak no roll away.

Am i missing something?

Butonfly
08-28-2017, 05:46 AM
Quit in the first 30 seconds of a match whenever a centurion is on the other side.

;D

CoyoteXStarrk
08-28-2017, 06:11 AM
If its past 30 seconds and you are being wall banged then you just bite the pillow. Your mistakes has led to your death.

Zoolagg
08-28-2017, 06:29 AM
siriously?

CoyoteXStarrk
08-28-2017, 06:30 AM
siriously?

Yep pretty much.

There is a chance you could roll away and run or that the other player makes a mistake, but other than that yeah you are dead.

Zoolagg
08-28-2017, 07:19 AM
Hmm not cool :(

MassiveD.
08-28-2017, 08:26 AM
I am new and i am orochi reputation 5.

It seems the "heavy tank" guys charging you,bashing you against a wall and finish u off and there is no way out of it, no dodging, no guardbreak no roll away.

Am i missing something?

https://media.giphy.com/media/Mz3LNfVU9zaHS/giphy.gif

#balanced

The only counter is ALT+F4, otherwise it cannot be rolled out of, or stopped, and is so easy to do that a little baby could do it.

So basically it is all your fault, and git good noob, 10-0 easy.

:D

bananaflow2017
08-28-2017, 10:56 AM
We have a lot of this mechanics in this game...
We have cent stunlock, Raider heavy+zone when he is throwing u to the ground, dunno how u feel, but a good pk is melting me on console, we have a hard lb combo+ 50/50, we have a warlord who is good at doing everything.
Yes the Cent is really strong with this stunlock shiet..., but this is not the only problem.
I Think anytime we all know enough about him to counter him hard.

This discussion makes me remember in the valk discussion, everyone said she is op, the valk mains said ofc she is not op and now im one of the few valks Left in this game cuz everybody knows how to counter her...

Draghmar
08-28-2017, 11:12 AM
This discussion makes me remember in the valk discussion, everyone said she is op[...]
Really? There was a time when someone said Valkyrie is OP in anyway? When was that? All I remember was SB spam when in Revenge.

bananaflow2017
08-28-2017, 12:12 PM
Really? There was a time when someone said Valkyrie is OP in anyway? When was that? All I remember was SB spam when in Revenge.

Should be like 3 months ago. Everyone crying about sweep and light spam....

BTTrinity
08-28-2017, 12:22 PM
We have a lot of this mechanics in this game...
We have cent stunlock, Raider heavy+zone when he is throwing u to the ground, dunno how u feel, but a good pk is melting me on console, we have a hard lb combo+ 50/50, we have a warlord who is good at doing everything.
Yes the Cent is really strong with this stunlock shiet..., but this is not the only problem.
I Think anytime we all know enough about him to counter him hard.

This discussion makes me remember in the valk discussion, everyone said she is op, the valk mains said ofc she is not op and now im one of the few valks Left in this game cuz everybody knows how to counter her...

Im in the same boat with Shinobi, Im sorry to hear this :(

Zoolagg
08-28-2017, 02:26 PM
Also the viking with the broadsword is hard, i dodge like bruce lee with shaved axels but whatever i do he is allways in range, i cant even interrupt his swings with any attack, he simply eats my attacks and he allways have a guarnteed hit. :(

Mythic MK II
08-28-2017, 08:09 PM
You are talking about the highlander. Best not to dodge and just either block his heavy or go for the parry. His forward dodge into heav (that can cancel into a side heavy) is easily parried.

Dodging is not alway the option to go for. hel;, if someone is banking on you dodging than that means he will just cancel his heavy to trick you into dodging and then just eaisly Guaardbreak you.

Also, if you mean that you get guardbroken and then thrown into a wall. There is nothing to do against that. a guardbreak from neutral is easily counter GB'd. if you fail to do that then... well, you kinda deserve the damage.
Sure, centurion is different on that. And that is why you never play with your back against the wall when against the centurion.

EDIT: I should probably mention that not dodging his unblockable kick/grab is not a good idea. There is a timing on his kick/kick canel into grab that makes it so you can aalways dodge out of it. Thing is, you have to learn the timing of it. Best to continue to do duels and maybe ask someone that plays Highlander if you can learn some of his moves.

SikanderAzam
08-28-2017, 11:09 PM
Quit in the first 30 seconds of a match whenever a centurion is on the other side.

;D

This. I'm sorry that you're new... Big mistake on your part to buy this game. Just quit whenever the other team has more than one centurion, and never fight against a centurion, gladiator, or warlord. This game is really really unbalanced, and if you make a mistake against a centurion you've lost. If you make a mistake against a warlord, you're ledged. That's just how it is, and it'll never change.

Zoolagg
08-28-2017, 11:51 PM
You are talking about the highlander. Best not to dodge and just either block his heavy or go for the parry. His forward dodge into heav (that can cancel into a side heavy) is easily parried.

Dodging is not alway the option to go for. hel;, if someone is banking on you dodging than that means he will just cancel his heavy to trick you into dodging and then just eaisly Guaardbreak you.

Also, if you mean that you get guardbroken and then thrown into a wall. There is nothing to do against that. a guardbreak from neutral is easily counter GB'd. if you fail to do that then... well, you kinda deserve the damage.
Sure, centurion is different on that. And that is why you never play with your back against the wall when against the centurion.

EDIT: I should probably mention that not dodging his unblockable kick/grab is not a good idea. There is a timing on his kick/kick canel into grab that makes it so you can aalways dodge out of it. Thing is, you have to learn the timing of it. Best to continue to do duels and maybe ask someone that plays Highlander if you can learn some of his moves.

Thanks a lot very enlighting :D

Zoolagg
08-28-2017, 11:52 PM
This. I'm sorry that you're new... Big mistake on your part to buy this game. Just quit whenever the other team has more than one centurion, and never fight against a centurion, gladiator, or warlord. This game is really really unbalanced, and if you make a mistake against a centurion you've lost. If you make a mistake against a warlord, you're ledged. That's just how it is, and it'll never change.

ok didnt know that . doesnt seems fair :(

Sekiro...
08-29-2017, 12:21 AM

;D

exactly what I do.

UbiJurassic
08-29-2017, 12:34 AM
Since you're rep 5 on Orochi, it might help to invest in gear that has increased debuff resistance stats. I've heard from some players that it made all the difference in the world when they changed some of their armor stats around to accommodate it.

Zoolagg
08-29-2017, 01:01 AM
Since you're rep 5 on Orochi, it might help to invest in gear that has increased debuff resistance stats. I've heard from some players that it made all the difference in the world when they changed some of their armor stats around to accommodate it.

so debuff resistence is helpfull when getting stunlocked? ithought it only works on the debuff feats.

UbiJurassic
08-29-2017, 01:38 AM
so debuff resistence is helpfull when getting stunlocked? ithought it only works on the debuff feats.

It will reduce some of the effects of being stunned so you can regain your guard quicker and have the ability to counter attack.

Linnix1
08-29-2017, 01:53 AM
The only known cure for stunlock is death

Sekiro...
08-29-2017, 04:00 AM

In duels the gear stats dont work and I even get stunlocked in walls.

But, Debuff Resistance could help against that is a good tip indeed
Theres any place where the gear stats are full explained??

Zoolagg
08-29-2017, 08:56 PM
It will reduce some of the effects of being stunned so you can regain your guard quicker and have the ability to counter attack.

ok i try that :D

Alustar.
08-29-2017, 09:11 PM
My advice, don't pay attention to the players saying to leave matches that are unfavorable. That is the fastest round to never being any better of a player than you are at this moment.

To perform better, You need practice, knowledge, and awareness.

To get practice, either play against a static bot and focus on moves, or ask a friend to help you with block/parry and dodge/deflect times. This will give you the muscle memory needed to react more accurately on time.

To get more knowledge, you need to actually experience what is out there. How are you ever going to get the timing down on dodging Cc if you are always quitting when the odds are stacked against you? I personally practice in a skirmish map by myself and put in 3-4 bots and try to get more kills than them.

Lastly is awareness. As with knowledge, the only way to improve this is to use it. Fight solo against groups of bots until you can block and parry then more effectively while dodging CC.

Anyone who tells you beating a group of more than 1 Centurion is impossible are hiding their own inadequacies behind the obvious scapegoat without ever having put the time to learn.

UbiJurassic
08-30-2017, 01:22 AM
In duels the gear stats dont work and I even get stunlocked in walls.

But, Debuff Resistance could help against that is a good tip indeed
Theres any place where the gear stats are full explained??

I don't believe we've posted details regarding each stat, but a community member on Reddit was kind enough to put together an explanation (https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/6bx642/for_honor_gear_stats_explained/).

Tundra 793
08-30-2017, 01:33 AM
I don't believe we've posted details regarding each stat, but a community member on Reddit was kind enough to put together an explanation (https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/6bx642/for_honor_gear_stats_explained/).

I think what you meant to say, as an all knowing and professional Ubisoft employee was;

If you go to the Hero selection screen in game, you should see prompts that show you the Stats overview, and from there you can also see what each stat does.

On Xbox One, from the Hero Select screen; Right Trigger > X

UbiJurassic
08-30-2017, 02:30 AM
I think what you meant to say, as an all knowing and professional Ubisoft employee was;

If you go to the Hero selection screen in game, you should see prompts that show you the Stats overview, and from there you can also see what each stat does.

On Xbox One, from the Hero Select screen; Right Trigger > X

That's actually something I didn't know!

https://media2.giphy.com/media/83QtfwKWdmSEo/giphy.gif

Zoolagg
09-11-2017, 05:10 PM
i tested debuff resistence and i dont see much difference...i can dodge out of the way sometimes but his attacks/charges/guardbreaks dont even let me time to breathe so yea orochi vs gladiator sux big time.

atm im trying some tournaments and i barely see any orochi, all enemys are lighyears ahead with reputation and most common is gladiator beating the crap out of me. I thought this game is fun for every class i play....

We.the.North
09-11-2017, 10:47 PM
Whats the cure for beeing sunlocked

I thougth this was a call for help because you loved For Honor so much, you didn't go outside anymore. As a result, you became "sun locked".

Zoolagg
09-12-2017, 08:39 AM
I thougth this was a call for help because you loved For Honor so much, you didn't go outside anymore. As a result, you became "sun locked".

haha ye, couldnt fix my typo afterwards. And yes i love for honor but it seems i still dont know how to play. I end up in spamming mousbuttons when panicking, aswell estimating the range on different oponents is an issue for me. But anyway, the gladiator is just stunlocking me (and others) and finishes everyone of with that chain. I also feel bad about the viking with the broadsword. In dominion he can spam 3 leap attacks and kill me, no matter i make a combat roll and be a fast assasin, once he hit you once he will hit you twice and three times, no chance to run away....:(