PDA

View Full Version : You know which players should be reported?

Mighty_Mackerel
08-27-2017, 11:19 PM
Not AFKers, not leavers, not even profanity spewing bullies... but those friggin' stupid ****** bags who keep backing away and hiding behind a pillar in 1v1 mode. Seriously, you idiots are literally wasting my time, I don't have all day to play this game, I have work to do. Cut that crap out.

Ubisoft, I suggest taking all 1v1 maps and removing ALL obstructions in the ring. I had one guy do this to me for about 3 minutes before I finally decided to just take the 10 minute penalty and quit the match.

[EDIT] Based on some of the replies, I'm not talking about the players who use the environment strategically, I'm talking about the players who run away with no intention of fighting back or winning and simply do this to TROLL.

Moondyne_MC
08-27-2017, 11:31 PM
Assassins everywhere

I know what you mean though, not sure it's my region, new players or just weird luck on my part, but ~66% of all enemies I've played the last few weeks have been Assassin classes. I've been trying to learn HL, and it's so dang frustrating trying to finish a fight with him when the enemies just keep dodging backwards until a teammate can come help them, haha. I'm talking group modes obviously, where it's a much more valid tactic, but still.

CandleInTheDark
08-27-2017, 11:31 PM
Not AFKers, not leavers, not even profanity spewing bullies... but those friggin' stupid ****** bags who keep backing away and hiding behind a pillar in 1v1 mode. Seriously, you idiots are literally wasting my time, I don't have all day to play this game, I have work to do. Cut that crap out.

Ubisoft, I suggest taking all 1v1 maps and removing ALL obstructions in the ring. I had one guy do this to me for about 3 minutes before I finally decided to just take the 10 minute penalty and quit the match.

Not that I do it, it's a decidedly time-wastey thing to do, but using the environment to frustrate you is a legitimate, if not too nice, tactic. One thing he cannot do at least is outright run away so in theory you can chase him down, I tested the run away against a bot, it slows you and drains your stamina pretty quickly, so if you sprint you can catch him, course that leaves you open to the fact he is locked on but again that might be what he is looking for.

it isn't something I would do but I would be hard pressed to call it cheating.

Assassins everywhere

I know what you mean though, not sure it's my region, new players or just weird luck on my part, but ~66% of all enemies I've played the last few weeks have been Assassin classes. I've been trying to learn HL, and it's so dang frustrating trying to finish a fight with him when the enemies just keep dodging backwards until a teammate can come help them, haha.

Yeah thing is that's just using your team which is a thing that happens in team games, or in dominion it is wasting your time and if there are a few of you that is hurting you more than me, one of my favourite things to do as a peacekeeper when the kills aren't coming because they have a murderball going is to go into their zone and waste as much of their time with dodges and revenge as I can, it gives my team the time to respawn and hopefully (I am a pug player so even odds) go capture other zones.

Alustar.
08-27-2017, 11:50 PM
Lol I can't feel bad for this. I am a firm supporter of using your environment. That unfortunately means kiting around obstacles. I mean, in reality would you expect someone to just stand there and let you bash them repeatedly, or would you use a pilot or cart to put something between you to get some room to reevaluate?

Mighty_Mackerel
08-28-2017, 12:07 AM
Not that I do it, it's a decidedly time-wastey thing to do, but using the environment to frustrate you is a legitimate, if not too nice, tactic. One thing he cannot do at least is outright run away so in theory you can chase him down, I tested the run away against a bot, it slows you and drains your stamina pretty quickly, so if you sprint you can catch him, course that leaves you open to the fact he is locked on but again that might be what he is looking for.

it isn't something I would do but I would be hard pressed to call it cheating.

Chasing them down doesn't work, I've tried it, especially if they're an assassin, they just keep dodging away. Trust me, the first time this happened was with a Berserker.

I never called it cheating either, like I said, the first guy did this crap for about three minutes, (at least it felt like that) it might've been longer. But he never attacked, even when I did a sprinting attack and I was WIDE open, he just kept retreating.

So I'm talking about the people who do this to TROLL and with no intention of using the environment as a strategic tactic to frustrate the enemy, but instead to frustrate them just because. Like I said, I don't have time for that, I got stuff to do.

Mighty_Mackerel
08-28-2017, 12:12 AM
Lol I can't feel bad for this. I am a firm supporter of using your environment. That unfortunately means kiting around obstacles. I mean, in reality would you expect someone to just stand there and let you bash them repeatedly, or would you use a pilot or cart to put something between you to get some room to reevaluate?

I'm talking about the people who do this to TROLL and with no intention of using the environment as a strategic tactic to frustrate the enemy, but instead to frustrate them just because. The first guy who did this to me never attacked, even after I was WIDE open after trying to hit with a sprinting attack. He just kept retreating and did nothing else for what felt like about three minute until I called it quits.

So if you're the type of person to use the environment strategically like you stated, go right ahead, that's fine. But if you're one of those A-holes who does this because you thinks it's funny and to troll, then I don't care if you don't feel bad for me because I don't care for you either.

Derkwow-cz
08-28-2017, 12:14 AM
It is simple solution: dont play vs player or play another mod than 1v1.

Mighty_Mackerel
08-28-2017, 12:16 AM
It is simple solution: dont play vs player or play another mod than 1v1.

You're funny.