PDA

View Full Version : Something has to be done about cheaters/ping exploiters

Grivois_Gaulois
08-27-2017, 10:53 PM
I know connectivity is quite a major concern for the devs team, at least I do hope so, but they really need to work harder, there are (highly) frequently lagswitchers abusing of their ping to change the very outcome of a fight by avoiding a killing blow, sometimes of a game.

Games can be very laggy sometimes, especially when there are plenty of ingame events following each others in a row, I which I could desactivate all the mid screen announcements in dominion for example, they are so annoying and last so long.

Finally cheaters don't even try to hide : from players using the very same ability twice in a row to automatic block or counter attack, passing by unlimited stamina... this is irritating and even tiring at long, to the point this is annoying.

Of course I report any very suspicious player but I do think the lack of precision of reports can not help you finding out what kind of cheat is being used, thus punishing the lame ones.

At the moment the anti cheat looks more focused into kicking random players out rather than actual cheaters.

UbiNoty
08-27-2017, 11:18 PM
If you're reporting them when you run into these kinds of situations it helps much more than you think! And the more detail you can provide us with the better we can prevent things like this!
Each week we issue numerous warnings, sanctions and finally bans as needed to cheaters.

While it is more difficult to discern things like ping exploits, if we see that a player has been repeatedly reported for cheating we do have the tools to perform much deeper investigations and can make decisions based on our finds there.

We're always trying to find ways to further protect gameplay fairness and integrity, and I'll pass along your concerns about the lagswitching issues for discussion.
In the meantime, keep doing what you've been doing and reporting cheating behavior!

I_Sash_I
08-27-2017, 11:48 PM
I which I could desactivate all the mid screen announcements in dominion for example, they are so annoying and last so long.

This is not really the subject but I fully confirm this. In certain rare conditions of combat they even completely obstruct the sight during the fight the few seconds of their presence.

Jarl.Felix
08-27-2017, 11:50 PM
There is nothing Ubifail can do against exploiters / cheaters ... don't give them ideas because we might end in a far worse state than we are now... We'll be something like full error, zero games finished ..