PDA

View Full Version : Someone please help me with a character

MoneyBags270
08-27-2017, 07:19 PM
I don't know if it's just me but im noticing as i get higher jnto the skill bracket that valk doesn't do well against competent opponents. I just have so few options to open people up without the risk of getting punished. Maybe im just using her wrong? Im at my wits end with this character and am almost ready to throw in the towel. Any other hero recommendations or should I just wait for more dlc?

Lyskir
08-27-2017, 07:30 PM
pc or console?

Antonioj26
08-27-2017, 07:50 PM
I don't know if it's just me but im noticing as i get higher jnto the skill bracket that valk doesn't do well against competent opponents. I just have so few options to open people up without the risk of getting punished. Maybe im just using her wrong? Im at my wits end with this character and am almost ready to throw in the towel. Any other hero recommendations or should I just wait for more dlc?

Learn how to whiff your lights, particularly your second light with unlock to get your sweep mixup finisher. Against real competent turtles even this won't work unfortunately. If you aren't already avoiding her dash attacks stop using them now unless it's a guaranteed hit or on an enemies whiff, they just aren't worth he potential gb punish. Learn all of her best punishes, has a great heavy parry punish that works most of the time and an even better oos punish that gets 68 damage. Shield tackle is useless. Heavy soft feinted to shield bash should rarely be followed up with a sweep unless the enemy is oos. It's slow and easy to see coming with a gb punish.

MoneyBags270
08-27-2017, 07:58 PM
Console

MoneyBags270
08-27-2017, 07:59 PM
Reading this is so depressing it's almost as if she has no real tools

Antonioj26
08-27-2017, 08:27 PM
Reading this is so depressing it's almost as if she has no real tools

Yeah it really is a bummer, it's hilarious whenever I see people complain about her when she has arguably the most punishing kit. Every unblockable that is missed is a free gb, every sweep setup is a potential light parry punish, every dash a attack is a free gb on block. Her damage is also laughably low aside
From the 2 punishes I mentioned, so when people call her "high risk high reward" I just shake my head.

S0Mi_xD
08-27-2017, 08:39 PM
Her mix ups are limited pretty much.
I if she would have some more ways to bring out the sweep.
But it is very predictable, because there are only 2 ways, after a shild bash or at the end of a light in a chain ...
I don't count it after GB, because you can get a heavy from a GB anyways.

They should give here a simlar treatment like Raider and give her more mix up possibilities.
But exactly this problem hits most of the vanilla heroes, they have not enough possibilies to mix up.
As an example, Warden, Orochi, Warlord, Shugoki, Conqueror.

Other fighting games do have large lists of different attacks, which you can mix up pretty well.
Or mechanics, to create mixups with small toolkits.

For Honor is very limited in attack variaty