PDA

View Full Version : features that need to be added to the far cry 5 map editor and multiplayer!!!

capthindsight0
08-27-2017, 06:57 PM
first off this is a list of thing's that really need to be in the map editor and multiplayer map community for far cry 5! this thread is directed towards the developers and those that have the power to make this happen, hope you guy's are listening because these are the thing you guy's are going to have to do if you want your game to be great, these are also thing's i have talked about in the past with people in the far cry map editor community,
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
: map editor list:

: 1 limit of items within a grid.

it would be nice to where we are able to have more items within a grid,
it's very frustrating to be making a custom thing within your map and then all the sudden you get a message saying your item limit has been reached within a grid,
people on consoles would greatly benefit from this if you guy's are able to address this problem.
: 2 camera auto scroll.

so this was one of the most frustrating things that was in the far cry 4 map editor,
it was very tedious and frustrating to try to place objects in tight places and then all the sudden have the camera scroll into a different spot,
it just simply didn't work for some thing's but then came in handy for other thing's, so the beast way to fix this is just give us the option to turn it on or off like in far cry 2.
: 3 snap tool

this was a very useful tool in far cry 2 it made it very easy to keep objects straight and aligned and seamless
: 4 AI in custom multiplayer maps

this is something i and the community always thought would be an awesome feature to add for custom MP maps,
the ability to add animal and civilian AI to our custom MP maps to bring them to life more, and to give them a sense of realism.
: 5 vehicles in custom multiplayer maps

this was a very nice feature that far cry 2 brought to us,
a lot of people wanted vehicles in far cry threes multiplayer but we never got them,
although we did end up getting this in far cry 4 it only was in co op, so for far cry 5 it would be great to have this feature for custom MP maps again
: 6 object texture

this would be a great tool for blend objects to spice them up and add certain textures to them,
like a wall for instance it would be nice to add brick and other various textures and colors and such.
: 7 shape tool

a shape tool would be very helpful to those who like to make custom buildings and such,
the shape tools features would basically provide you with a blink circle and a square object,
and let you manipulate it to your choosing like making the objects height taller or wider.
: 8 draw distance

in all the far cry's there always has been really bad draw distance in the map editor,
which pretty much prevents you from having certain objects far away in the distance
: 9 hosting custom multiplayer map lobbies

this is a big one this is something everybody has been wanting since far cry 2,
it's what made far cry 2 so good for so many years,
this really need's to be added again,
this is where you guy's screwed up on far cry 3 and 4 and lost a lot of pre-orders and sales by taking this out,
people want to be able to host their own and other players maps and share them and play them with multiple people on them.
: 10 search for custom multiplayer map lobbies and invite players

this was vary nice in far cry 2 being able to search for lobbies and just join right on in,
and also being able to invite players to your lobby or a friends was nice as well.
: 11 hosting multiple maps

this is another thing far cry 2 had being able to host multiple maps,
in far cry 4 we only were able to have 4 maps then you had to end the lobby and start a new one which totally sucked,
same with far cry 3 but you could have more maps,
it would be a nice feature to have multiple maps and add and take off maps with out ending the lobby.
: 12 game mode steal the sample or capture the diamond or something similar

in far cry 2 and instant predator we had capture the diamond and steal the sample which are basically the same thing,
this would be a great game mode to add back into multiplayer or something very similar.
: 13 erase or update published maps

this is a feature far cry 2 and 3 had and it was a very nice feature to have in case you missed something in your map you were able to go back and fix it,
but in far cry 4 this feature was completely ignored,
and it really sucked and was very frustrating to publish your map and then notice there's a giant flaw in your map and you can't go back to fix it.
: 14 locking published maps

this is a feature that needs to be added,
there's nothing more frustrating then seeing someone has republished your map and is now taking all the credit for all your hard work.
: 15 keeping all the silly and invincibility maps out of the top rated map selection

maps that have invincibility or maps that have a couple of barrels or silly maps should't be in the top rated,
when there's highly detailed playable maps that are pleasant to the eyes that are way more deserving to be in the top rated.
: 16 no light object limit and Light object draw distance
It would be nice to have unlimited lighting objects and not have draw distance issues with lighting objects from a far.
: 17 more control of landscape textures
Having more landscape textures for cliffs or stretched terrain would be a nice feature.
so this is the message and list from the far cry map editor community to ubisoft and it's developers that are working on far cry 5,
we all want this game to be great we want the far cry franchise to continue and not be ruined, these are all the things that will make the game probably the best far cry to date, let's make far cry great again!! :cool:
if i missed any thing please feel free to add what ever i forgot to mention or add things that you would like to see or think would be good in the editor or in CMPM

Remo99
08-27-2017, 08:47 PM
I doubt that the devs will listen,but it is worth a shot
i second the list above and would like to add the following on my wishlist

1.Creating e.g hostage missions similar to those in Rainbow Six Siege,being able to give a follow ,stay command to the friendly a.i

2.Adding waypoints for the enemy ai to follow,e.g patrolling an area

3.Being able to mute the enemy instead of just talking to themselves and revealing their position.

4.Doors that can be opened slowly with e.g the mousewhhel like in R6 Ravenshield.

5.Breakable windows.

6.More goverment looking buidlings policestations ,offices etc.

7.A.i should be able to use all vehicles even the gyrocopter.

8.The ability to create events when the player enter a certain area ,for example by using LUA like in Operation Fashpoint Dragon Rising,where you could add zone name it and then script what would would happen,helicopter take off, landing ,spawning enemies

8.More types of comradio chat,only heard two types so far in the editor.

9.More static vehicles one with snow and one without e.g crashed helicopter.,ships,trainwagons etc.

10.Streams and rivers added to roads.

11.Enemies that can pick up weapons.

12.More weathereffects ,rain ,thunder,

13.Breakable lights such as in Ghost Recon Wildlands

14.Daycycle,start the mission at night the longer the mission takes the brighter the map becomes as dawn sets in and makes it easier for the enemy to spot you.

15.Various types of grenades such as flashbangs ,smoke,fragmentation

16. Be able to either turn off or switch radio channel in vehicles.

17. Easier to place helicopters that keeps them from leaning over because it actually touches the ground,better balanced vehicles so they do not move when an enemy walks or drives into them.
(if there are any helicopters in Far Cry 5)

Have probably forgot a bunch if things,this is just a wishlist.

Farcryisdead
08-27-2017, 08:53 PM
All good stuff :)

Fallen-Champ
08-27-2017, 09:56 PM
I always loved weapon placement back in the Instincts days so would be happy if we could decide what weapons are in the map, also if I want a crazy map that's rocket launchers only have the ability to start with what ever weapons I want.

If the wingsuit and grappling hook are available in multiplayer or solo maps I would also like the opportunity to be able to place these in a map so maybe set a modifier to have them off until they are found, if they respawn then others can find them.

Out Of Bounds I would like the chance to alter the timer so I can set it to less than 10 seconds but for those who want to manipulate the timer to create timed areas give them the opportunity to do that.

Mini Map - I hate these things in multiplayer games so unsure what we get with FC5 as the single player game shows a compass, hoping there is a way to turn things off so players can't sit camping looking at dots moving.

Map Editor Hud
Would like to be able to turn off a lot of the on screen things on Consoles with the map editor.

Rotate Multiple Objects by Coordinates
We could only use Edit by Coordinates for single objects in FC4 on Console so hoping Far Cry 5 allows us to rotate multiple selected objects and rotate them this way.

Budget
It was already mentioned about the budget, on PC it warns you that you are over budget and performance might suffer I would also like this on Console so we can force in more items over budget - unsure how it would work there might be an issue of fear if someone made a crazy map which made a console freak out so maybe that won't happen.

akilyoung
08-28-2017, 01:02 AM
All these have been topics before, and its always good to see them brought up again, because we need these added in / added back in.

Funny how most of us veteran mappers all have the same requests, and its not like they are CRAZY requests or anything, so I would imagine the devs will take them into consideration this time around

;)

Canadian Beer42
08-28-2017, 01:38 AM
My top 3

1. Backdrops that fill in amd replace the sky, so you can have distant mountains, or distant islands. Give more atmosphere to the map editor, they always feel empty.

2. Pre-made mountains. Takes forever to make mountains in the editor. Perhaps work like the terrain tools do?

3. Collectibles from story mode put into the editor. So you can have lost letters, loot crates, and other collectibles to collect to give the world in the editor some extra activities.

VonPunish
08-28-2017, 03:47 AM
Hello, Captain, it's been awhile since we spoke in a message. Your list is great and we all feel the same way trust me. I posted this a month ago more or less with many of the same issues. A couple of issues I have is with the occlusion and red cube aggravation of the AI Nav mesh. This problem can be eliminated, there is no need for it. I don't know how many times I've made map's and I have made a lot of them, that the red tall cube of frustration pops up. You cannot put AI inside of them unless you zero inside to make sure the blue Nav Mesh is still active.

The other is the occlusion. Trying to stack buildings or objects is also frustrating when people have played my Alcatraz map the first time, someone made a video and thought coming out of a room or to look through a window was texturing problems. It was not, it was the long white occlusion making the outside look invisible until you've exited the building. I could understand if all objects and buildings had a hundred foot white occlusion but if half of the objects did not have it extended why not all of them? Another thing was, it would be great if all objects were solid all the way around, just like half of them. It's tough putting object rocks or other structures are invisible on the bottom.

Yes Captain, as for people uploading your work I have seen multiple maps such as yours, mine, and others that have put numerous hours and even days on a map only to see it duplicated. My Alcatraz map I made a couple of years ago was republished by over at least 20+ players. I thought that was ok if they edited it for different modes and reasons, but most of them did nothing to change the map in gameplay or even lighting. One player edited my map and just described it as hardcore and did nothing yet he got over 35,000 hits.

One thing that bothers me, not to point fingers at anyone but it is very annoying to look up other mapper's great work only to see multiple map garbage or not uploaded 2-10 or more of the very same map in a row. There are only 45 spaces per server mode and your map gets shoved out quick unless it's a hunt map.

By the way, it's great to see you here. In case you were wondering about my tag, it's my old one, I am Punish69th. :)

capthindsight0
08-28-2017, 05:49 AM
[QUOTE=VonPunish;12880963]Hello, Captain, it's been awhile since we spoke in a message. Your list is great and we all feel the same way trust me. I posted this a month ago more or less with many of the same issues. A couple of issues I have is with the occlusion and red cube aggravation of the AI Nav mesh. This problem can be eliminated, there is no need for it. I don't know how many times I've made map's and I have made a lot of them, that the red tall cube of frustration pops up. You cannot put AI inside of them unless you zero inside to make sure the blue Nav Mesh is still active.

yes it definitely has been a while I'm back for now, and I totally agree with everything you said about the AI and the nav mesh it was very annoying and also having occlusions within certain buildings and objects, I think they should give us occlusion blocks like in Far Cry 2

capthindsight0
08-28-2017, 05:52 AM
All these have been topics before, and its always good to see them brought up again, because we need these added in / added back in.

Funny how most of us veteran mappers all have the same requests, and its not like they are CRAZY requests or anything, so I would imagine the devs will take them into consideration this time around

;)

And totally man these are all things we all have wanted for so long in the map editor, I've talked about these things with so many people, hopefully the developers will hear our voices this time

C0MMANDERC0LS0N
08-28-2017, 05:52 AM
Yes please bring down the ban hammer on all the JACK SEPTICYY :DDXDXD !!!! maps

capthindsight0
08-28-2017, 05:55 AM
C0MMANDERC0LS0N haha for real man I hated those ******* Maps especially how they got in the top rated when they were complete trash lol 😂

akilyoung
08-28-2017, 02:22 PM
My top 3

1. Backdrops that fill in amd replace the sky, so you can have distant mountains, or distant islands. Give more atmosphere to the map editor, they always feel empty.

2. Pre-made mountains. Takes forever to make mountains in the editor. Perhaps work like the terrain tools do?

3. Collectibles from story mode put into the editor. So you can have lost letters, loot crates, and other collectibles to collect to give the world in the editor some extra activities.

Doesnt take long at all to make nice mountains. Look up my terrain tutorial I made for FC3, but it applies to all the FCs. Once you get it, its really fast.

ImGonaG3tUsucka
08-30-2017, 04:33 PM
All good suggestions.. Welcome back Cap.

Steve64b
08-31-2017, 09:10 PM
Would be nice to have the map editor have every object from the entire Far Cry series..Yeah, like a Far Cry SIGMA (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/974035-Far-Cry-4-Map-Editor-Feedback-Thread?p=11822407&viewfull=1#post11822407). ;)