PDA

View Full Version : Why AOE feat need Nerfing

SikanderAzam
08-27-2017, 05:28 PM
I've always found it a bit odd that it isn't often brought up how powerful the level 4 AOE feats are. Part of this is probably because they generally can only be used once per match since it takes time to unlock them... I would counter that by saying that the end of the match is generally the most important part, and having a huge AOE bomb to drop on people like the fire grenade or catapult is a bit silly.

Case in point, here's a video of me exploiting a single well placed grenade to demonstrate:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUu1aAm-CtY

Did this feel good? Sure. Was this fair? Of course not, that's crazy broh. Sure, this was an extreme example, and I usually can't break the enemy team within 1 second like I did here. It usually takes me at least 5. But you get the point, and at the end teams tend to have a "last stand" where they fight together and are extremely vulnerable to this type of thing.

UbiNoty
08-28-2017, 01:27 AM
It's certainly something we can look further into. 4th level feats are usually more powerful because they take longer and more effort to unlock, but your point that later in the game can have bigger consequences is also something for us to consider.

We.the.North
08-28-2017, 03:12 AM
I generally dont mind level 4 feats that much because like Noty said, they can usually be used only once per match. HOWEVER, I do have a problem with them when both teams are breaking and a single catapult strike decides the winning team.

I would keep the feats as they are (maybe balance them a little tho), but I would disable all feats when teams are breaking. Some kind of "sudden death" events at the end of a match where the "art of battle" should decide the winning team. Feats should never be the deciding factor of a game.

Tyrjo
08-28-2017, 02:35 PM
I think many of the lvl 4 feats are way to powerful. In the end of a Dominion match, when you should have an awesome battle, instead someone drops a Catapult nuke that ends the game in a very boring way.

SenBotsu893
08-28-2017, 04:39 PM
hmm i think you generalise the catapult with all lvl 4 aoe feats.

the knight catapult is the king of the lvl 4 aoe because its fast and deals so much damage in a wide area that it can wipe a whole party.

the viking spear storm is similar to the catapult in spead and effective range but it comes in waves the first wave with a small radious and the following with a wider. still good damage and fast enought for party wipes.

the viking fire flask deals good amount of damage but at least you have time to escape out of the effected area and can still survive.

the samurai arrow storm is the least powerfull of the lvl 4 aoe feats. if you lock onto an enemy and fire the feat the first wave of arrows will hit in front of the enemy also the area of effect is considerable small so a single dodge is enough to get out. wich leads to the following waves hitting nothing. also the damage is not even enough to kill an enmy with 1 wave.

id love to see either improvements to thw weaker ones or bringing the catapult in line with the others.

bmason1000
08-28-2017, 04:58 PM
I'd love to see 100% friendly on them

RiceComboA
08-28-2017, 05:09 PM
Right now it feels like the Knights are generations beyond the rest of the faction in terms of Tech with all the explosives...

It's like playing Civilization when you have Tanks and everyone else is still running Bow and Arrow.

Wouldn't mind them having a look at balancing out some of the Feats as well.

Jarl.Felix
08-28-2017, 05:26 PM
And how noobs will win games and spam zone if they nerf it ?

Don't forget, Ubisoft needs noobs to keep this game alive.

DoodTheMan
08-28-2017, 07:26 PM
Well I have nuked myself to tie a game that was otherwise a surefire loss several times.

Malyngo
08-29-2017, 08:37 AM
That the game needs noobs or "new people" is true. But they usually won't unlock their 4th feat in a game, anyway.