PDA

View Full Version : Worst matchmaking ive ever seen in a game

lDaReathl
08-27-2017, 03:28 PM
So I grouped up with and friend with a total rep of 4 and a I have a total rep of 5 so we get in to a dominion game and our teammates are both total rep 2. The enemies' total rep are 37 17 60 and 25. Please explain.

Specialkha
08-27-2017, 03:30 PM
Your enemy were either extremely bad, or not enough players because Ubisoft made so many wrong decisions than most players left the game.

PablO_Chaconn
08-27-2017, 04:25 PM
Rep , skill level ... don't mean a thing . Iv had a team of rep 1's going up against a team of Rep 30 and above and still completely destroying them even tho I convinced myself it was a 100% loss .

Same with skill level .
Your skill is a lot lower then the enemy team .

Enemy team plays as if they have never played before

We.the.North
08-27-2017, 05:25 PM
I've seen rep 1 players (total rep 1) be parry gods on PC. Made me seriously wonder if they were using a 3rd party autoblock / auto cgb programm.

Rep doesn't mean a thing on PC seriously.

UbiNoty
08-28-2017, 01:39 AM
We are trying to make improvements to make matchmaking more balanced and fair for players. We know it's not perfect at the moment and so we'll keep looking for solutions.

Helnekromancer
08-28-2017, 02:17 AM
Rep doesn't mean squat in this game, aslong as you know how to parry and cgb you can beat anyone. Seen Rep 30+ Kensei running around and none of them Feint, just swing aimlessly or the 20+ Nobushi that doesnt know how to use Hidden Stance. Rep doesn't determine how good you are, only thing it indicates is how long you played a character, and just because you played 30+ hours of a Hero doesn't mean you're a master at it.

Natedog858585
08-28-2017, 02:33 AM
youre asinine if you think rep/=skill. if you pin someone who has 10 hours of gametime vs someone who has 300, the 300 is going to stomp by just knowing the map and moves that everyone has. MM is broken and will always will be because the low player count.

Helnekromancer
08-28-2017, 02:39 AM
youre asinine if you think rep/=skill. if you pin someone who has 10 hours of gametime vs someone who has 300, the 300 is going to stomp by just knowing the map and moves that everyone has. MM is broken and will always will be because the low player count.

You're basing that off of if the 300 hour player is even good. There are players who just play and don't pick anything up, they dont get good no matter how much time they play. And you can look at this from any big game with a large player base and see how many "noobs" have tons of hours in and simply don't improve.

Natedog858585
08-28-2017, 03:24 AM
You're basing that off of if the 300 hour player is even good. There are players who just play and don't pick anything up, they dont get good no matter how much time they play. And you can look at this from any big game with a large player base and see how many "noobs" have tons of hours in and simply don't improve.

i hate to rain on your "well its dependent on the player" train, you are actually implying that a person who knows very little about the rules/moves/counters is going to stand on someone at "equal skill" that does. the very VERY sad train of people who are devoted players who run around sweeping up ubi's poos all over the place in a very broken game is depressing and sad. Stop defending extremely bad matchmaking, and stop allowing ubi to get away with very slow progress that actively fixes one thing but breaks 5 others.

kweassa1
08-28-2017, 03:37 AM
i hate to rain on your "well its dependent on the player" train, you are actually implying that a person who knows very little about the rules/moves/counters is going to stand on someone at "equal skill" that does. the very VERY sad train of people who are devoted players who run around sweeping up ubi's poos all over the place in a very broken game is depressing and sad. Stop defending extremely bad matchmaking, and stop allowing ubi to get away with very slow progress that actively fixes one thing but breaks 5 others.

They aren't defending anything. They're simply stating experiences, which also matches mine.

Total rep usually means squat. Like, I have a total rep of over 50, but I've only recently started using one of the new DLC classes, so while my total rep of 50+ may look so "intimidating" to some people, in truth I'm just as much as a n00b as any other person since I'm using a new class I'm not familiar with.

Of course, I have prior experience in the game with other classes so relatively speaking my general stats/scores or whatever figures they use to determine matchmaking numbers will most probably rise higher than "real newbies" -- which means I'm only stuck with "real newbies" for a short while, since if I do considerably better than the "real newbies", whatever rating score they use will rise and pretty soon I'll be matched up people that I should be fighting.

In many cases, yes, a big total rep means a lot of experience.

But then again we have people that go through 12 years of schooling and still act stupid after they graduate highschool -- in which case their highschool diploma simply means they wasted 12 years of their lives but didn't cause trouble big enough to be thrown out of school. In a lot of ways a big, intimidating total rep score is like that diploma.

You never know if the guy is worth his rep score until you actually fight him. I said I have 50+ total rep, but in truth I'm probably something like worth only rep10 or something when it comes to pure skill. :rolleyes:

I_Sash_I
08-29-2017, 12:05 AM
But then again we have people that go through 12 years of schooling and still act stupid after they graduate highschool -- in which case their highschool diploma simply means they wasted 12 years of their lives but didn't cause trouble big enough to be thrown out of school. In a lot of ways a big, intimidating total rep score is like that diploma.

When a wall is white with some small black spots, you have to say it is white but there will always be people like you with their magnifying glass on the spots to say that not actually it may be black sometimes, even if we already know it. On the other hand, I do not know if it has to do with education or if it is something else.

If the case you defined was in the majority, there would be a lot of old graduate dumbs on leaving school and the wall would be black.

Those with more experience are generally more competent even if it is not always true and they also often have greater experience precisely because they are more proficient, successfull or dedicated, up to a certain limit of course which is individual.