PDA

View Full Version : The army system

Thoris__
08-27-2017, 01:05 PM
I know, that some anno players do not really like the military system and I would rteally like it if there would be an Option to completely shut off the Military just for these players or if you just want to sandbox a bit.
But I really like the option of military in the game because it makes it one more thing to manage and worry about. You have to watch out so that you economics dont stay behind and also your citizens are happy and you have to watch out for your opponents so that they dont conquer your islands and cities.
I would love it if the military system would be like the system in anno 1701 and not like in 1404. I loved 1404 and it really was the best part of the series but I didnt like the military part because it was to static and too unflexible. The 1701 system however was really the classic muiliatry system youd think of when you are thinking of harassing your opponent. Also I liked the option that your queen send you ships with troops inside. So that your troops must be transported by your regular ships and not have their own transports like in 1404.
Theser are just my thoughts!:rolleyes:

D.DVD
08-28-2017, 08:33 PM
The military part is one of the more important functions for me. It was a little too simplistic in the previous games, in my opinion (no real bases, or naval yards, armies developping skills/weapons, getting (dis-)satisfied with more or less resources etc etc etc).

Hansol333
08-31-2017, 02:45 PM
I would also like a system like the first 3 anno games.

Just add a little bit less micromanagement to it.

-building time for some buildings like defensive towers. Otherwise you can simply spam them near enemy troups and kill them to fast
-a mortar that automatically attacks buildings. (Can be a super units after hours of research ,to end the game)

Especially if the enemy can rebuild everything to fast and to cheap the winner is decided by whoever can click faster.

My only fear is the lack of unit diversity in 1800.
Cant be that many units types during that time. no infantry melee, no armoured units.