PDA

View Full Version : I'm actually at the end of my rope with this game.

OfTheStone
08-27-2017, 02:45 AM
I can't take it anymore. We are constantly promised change, told that the game is being made better, but it isn't. I'm not talking about servers or in game bugs, I'm talking about the matchmaking. Wasn't there supposed to be a patch recently that said they fixed matchmaking to finally place you with players, both ally and enemy, that are supposed to be on your skill level? Ubisoft, do you know what it's like being forced to watch your teammates slowly lose the game for you and you're powerless to do anything about it? I'm constantly being matched with players who are, on average, Rep 0~5. They always, ALWAYS lose the game for me because they're just plain awful and inferior. I know at this point this seems like a flame post, but I'm not kidding when I say that this game keeps matching me with the bottom of the bucket scum that infests this game like a cancer. I don't know what to do anymore. I'm at the point where I can't even play the game that I've paid for because I know that if I go into a game, I'm just going to be placed with low level morons and lose over and over and over again. I have a higher chance of losing games than I have of winning them. The worst part about all this is is that the enemies I usually face are awful as well, but my teammates are always worse than they are. Every. Single. Time. Most recent example I can use is a game I played just earlier today. I was playing Dominion on the map Citadel Gate, all 3 of my teammates ran to zone B and got wiped by the entire enemy team. Then 3 of the enemy team came to fight me at A while one of them stayed at B. It took a while, I was able to 1v3 the enemy team. Meanwhile, my teammates re-spawned at this point and ignored trying to help me and ran back to zone B to try and 3v1 the last enemy.... That guy 1v3'd my entire team. Here's the kicker, the guy who just 1v3'd my team came over to A to challenge me 1v1. We were both full HP and both the same level and I had no problem at all beating him.... How do you respond to that? What could I have done in that situation? What do you do when you can handle the entire enemy team, but your teammates can't handle one of them? That's what I face every time I jump into a match. It's unreal. I just don't know what to do anymore, I'm at the end of my rope with this game. Ubisoft, you have to fix matchmaking. I posted a thread not too long ago giving suggestions on how matching could finally be balanced, I'll link it below. If anyone has any suggestions on how I can stop my teammates from losing me games, please tell me. I'm just so sick of teammates who can't handle themselves and are completely unable to win fights. It isn't fair to put competent players through this kind of torture.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1728045-Suggested-matchmaking-features

Ontari
08-27-2017, 08:05 AM
I know what you feel man...

Teammates incapability of caputring anything is paralysing in Dominion. They completely ignore pings for help, or pinging the objective that needs attention. I think that around 70% of my Dominion matches look like you described: my team trying to gank 1 guy like in skirmish instead of trying to win the game.

Could we have some better tutorial for that? The one that actually teaches newcomers how to split up and dominion, and puts emphasis on the importance of capturing and DEFENDING the points? I don't know if that will work, as I often see high reps running around completely mindlessly, but something definitely has to be done with player's brainlessness....

CoyoteXStarrk
08-27-2017, 08:19 AM
100% agree. Just watched some moron on Sanctuary bridge dive into a 4 enemy players only to die 4 seconds later.

Yet according to the game that guy is on my level of skill

CheekyKemosabe
08-27-2017, 09:29 AM
You pretty much hit the nail on the head with this one. I literally played a game not even half an hour ago where my entire team almost seemed like they were intentionally trying to lose. All my pings, go here, there, need help here! nothing, not a damn thing. We lost because instead of grouping up they decided to all enter the ****ing lions den damn near one at a time and get slaughtered each and every time. Being the last guy, I hold out for as long as I can, but ultimately, not every one can win every 1v4.

Ubi, please fix this, I'm tired of fighting alongside and against noobs.

Alustar.
08-27-2017, 11:51 AM
I hate watching players on the map with the open pits on C. I think it's called overwatch? I don't know, it's the samurai map.
It never fails, I'm going to watch my entire team filter into C only to feed them executions and ledge kills.
Not a single one thought to maybe take B or move out of the zone so they weren't as easily killed...

kweassa1
08-27-2017, 01:01 PM
Honestly, how long have you folks been playing games? What do you think the "matchmaking" uses? National Chess League level ELOs or something?

In the end matchmaking just groups up people with comparable numbers and stats, whatever criteria they use. But the numbers don't tell how a player plays the game. It's only a small representation of how the player does, and that's about the best the matchmaking can give you.

If you want to win under those circumstances, you basically offset whatever problems there may be in the team. Either you become the better player and try to carry the weight the others cannot, or if you can't do that, accept the fact its a bad match up and deal with it. That's what a PUG match up is. Its random. If you don't like the random odds, get a premade going instead of whining about how a random shuffle of the cards dealt you a bad hand and cry about it.

What are you people, like 5 years old? :rolleyes:

OfTheStone
08-27-2017, 05:43 PM
All these people are here because the game has cheated them and we all agree that it needs to be fixed, but here you are once again being toxic and insulting people just because you don't agree with them. I have asked you before to stay away from my posts because you are a horrible person who just insults other people for your own amusement. I will be reporting you for this comment and any other comments you make on my threads in the future. Keep your negativity and toxicity to yourself.

Infidel.Castro
08-27-2017, 05:53 PM
All these people are here because the game has cheated them and we all agree that it needs to be fixed, but here you are once again being toxic and insulting people just because you don't agree with them. I have asked you before to stay away from my posts because you are a horrible person who just insults other people for your own amusement. I will be reporting you for this comment and any other comments you make on my threads in the future. Keep your negativity and toxicity to yourself.

Don't call someone toxic when you are just as bad using phrases like "the bottom of the bucket scum that infests this game like a cancer" and "low level morons".

Pot calling the kettle black.

DaKineTyKai
08-27-2017, 05:54 PM
here you are once again being toxic and insulting people...you are a horrible person who just insults other people for your own amusement...Keep your negativity and toxicity to yourself.

I'm constantly being matched with players who are...just plain awful and inferior...bottom of the bucket scum that infests this game like a cancer...low level morons...who can't handle themselves and are completely unable to win...

smh

OfTheStone
08-28-2017, 12:57 AM
You negativity is not welcome here. Keep your toxicity to yourself and leave my threads alone whenever you carry it with you.

OfTheStone
08-28-2017, 12:58 AM
I think you were trying to have a point, but you clearly never found it. "smh"

Infidel.Castro
08-28-2017, 01:13 AM
I think you were trying to have a point, but you clearly never found it. "smh"

The point was that you started off this very thread being toxic and negative, then have the audacity to call someone else toxic and negative.

kweassa1
08-28-2017, 01:23 AM
This I gotta say is a classic, "ROFLMAO" moment, right here. :D

"Toxic"? "Negativity"??? You're the dissin' the devs, constantly whining about how your favorite class is not all that good, shi*s and dumps on the game because you lost a few RANDOM PUG matches in a game as if that's some kind of great big injustice... and I'm the "toxic" and "negative" person here?????

What do you think "PUG" means? What do you think "RANDOM" means???

Are you gonna throw a shi*fit every time you play poker with friends about how your cards are always bad? Does Lady Luck somehow conspire against you and always deal you the "bad hand"?

The EXACT SAME RULES apply to your opponent's team as well, and are you here saying you're always getting the shi**y end of the deal because of some hidden conspiracy against you? Because that's the only way how I can understand when you babble garbage about how the devs are "cheating" you in this matter.

So I ask you again, what are you, FIVE YEARS OLD??

(ps) on second thought, even my 5 year old nephew is less whiney and more mature about how "shi* happens" in life :rolleyes:

OfTheStone
08-28-2017, 02:01 AM
Once again , I am going to tell you to stop commenting on my threads. I'm not reading your comments, you're wasting your time. You are harassing me, you are being toxic and I will not tolerate it. I'm done speaking with you from now on, every comment you post on my threads will be reported for harassment.

Dr-KaBoom
08-28-2017, 03:31 AM
Lol we now have idiots defending the match making. This is the level of dumb that is left after Ubisoft scared everyone away. Too hilarious.

Alustar.
08-28-2017, 04:22 AM
Lol we now have idiots defending the match making. This is the level of dumb that is left after Ubisoft scared everyone away. Too hilarious.

It's less that I'm trying to defend the matchmaking or Ubisoft. More that I have plenty of experience with games that have PvP aspects and try to enforce some sort of system to cluster player based on "skill".

There is really no clear cut way to do it that is ever going to be accurate to the players demands. Part of that has to do with the traffic of a game. The rest has to do with finding a good enough formula to group players and still have full lobbies.

Couple that with a high learning curve and a competitive environment and you have just enough variables to make matchmaking a nightmare for PvP period, let alone in for honor.

ChampionRuby50g
08-28-2017, 05:56 AM
One thing I hate the most in this community and game are hypocrites. And you, OfTheStone just proved yourself to be the biggest one here. How can you say "you are toxic..." "you are a horrible person..." 'your negativity is not welcome here" but then on the other hand you say you are always matched with people rep 0-5 and "they are awful and inferior". I guess this must mean you were a 1 man wrecking machine going through 4 man groups like a bread knife through butter. You are clearly a God at this game. (sarcasm) How good where you when you first started playing this game? It feels different now because we have obviously been playing for months more than these players, of course they arent going to perform as well as we veterans of FH are. So according to you, new players who are probably playing their first games if they are rep 0 are "bottom of the bucket scum that infests this game like a cancer." So how do you propose FH's player base expands if new players are "bottom of the bucket scum that infests this game like a cancer." I guess FH shouldn't sell anymore copies, we dont want new players to enjoy this game, and no way do we want to make new friends to play games with.

Matchmaking looks at K/D as an indication of making a match up. So a player who went 10-5 would have a K/D of 2, even if its their 2nd game, so thats why they get matched up with you. But as kweassa said, its RANDOM. (What's PUG mean?)

What we can gather from this post is that YOU are the toxic one and YOU are impacting the community in a negative way. If that's the attitude you have to knew players who joined a game with a massive skill ceiling and so much for them to learn, and you call them "bottom of the bucket scum that infests this game like a cancer.", I can't even imagine the type of person you are. Remove yourself from the community so the levels of toxicity die down.

kweassa1
08-28-2017, 06:09 AM
It's less that I'm trying to defend the matchmaking or Ubisoft. More that I have plenty of experience with games that have PvP aspects and try to enforce some sort of system to cluster player based on "skill".

There is really no clear cut way to do it that is ever going to be accurate to the players demands. Part of that has to do with the traffic of a game. The rest has to do with finding a good enough formula to group players and still have full lobbies.

Couple that with a high learning curve and a competitive environment and you have just enough variables to make matchmaking a nightmare for PvP period, let alone in for honor.

Yeppers.

Another problem is that there is also a distinct possibility that the system really DID give you a good match up. For some reason people always complain about they were "doomed to lose from the start" -- but were they really? What assurances do we have that this is true? What if the system really did give you a comparable matchup, and for whatever reason your team simply played bad in the session?

There's absolutely no way to know for sure.

Therefore, in a PUG matchup, we're all subjected to the whims of the "dice god". A random roll of the dice that groups you up with any number of people that may or may not pull through. Hence, you either become good enough to mitigate the bad situations in the game to carry it to a win yourself, or just give it a nice shrug and pray for a better luck next time. If you don't want to be affected by the whims of the random pick-up group, you make a premade with people you trust.

Random PUG matches in ANY PvP is basically like an exhibition game. Getting worked up over a few losses from a random team is just plain stupid, because there's no matchmaking in the world that ever puts you in a "perfect match" in the first place, not to mention, the odds are the way some people are complaining they'd probably STILL complain even if the system really did find a good match.

Random is random. Get over it, sheesh.

Malyngo
08-28-2017, 01:45 PM
Ubi, maybe you should add some checkbox like "Please do not match me with other people that are outside of my skill range".

I, as one of the players at the "bottom of the scum bucket", would use it.

SinisterClassic
08-28-2017, 02:37 PM
I agree with you, though I am one of the low levels you speak of it is constantly matching me with players way out of my league. Not to mention the Valkyrie can continue to perform unbreakable combos (get this) while completely out of stamina or the ballista in dominion maps that everyone just camps on when everyone is meant to be in melee combat. I mean things like these make me wish I would have asked for this as a present and not have spent my own money on it. The game is dressed up nice with all the bells and whistles but really the true laziness and or lack of attention to the things that take away from the game as usual are not being addressed until it's to late.

SinisterClassic
08-28-2017, 03:01 PM
Actually I had a great idea. Just take all the gear and all the skill level crap and chuck it out and just have a basic level system there ya go. Hell Chivalry might not have looked pretty but it was better than this and harder at that depending on the circumstances.

vgrimr_J
08-28-2017, 03:05 PM
i feel you man im at total rep of 81 and i get put in games where my teams total rep per players is below 10 there is something wrong with this system

SinisterClassic
08-28-2017, 03:16 PM
Yeah man I wish I could keep myself out of your arena skill because I'm definately not there yet but hey if it were up to me I'd avoid you high levels like the plague lol. Seriously Sorry for flaming the devs and pointing out their faults and or failures but to all those defending the system riding their junk to show how loyal you are doesn't change the fact something is still very wrong. Sorry :(

OfTheStone
08-28-2017, 04:01 PM
Keep your opinion to yourself. The difference between myself and the guy you are comparing me to is that it it not directed at anyone specific. Yes, there are horrible players in this game. Yes, those players can make me give off more of a toxic attitude, doesn't mean I'm a toxic person. What you need to do is remove yourself from my thread because your comment is non-constructive and is just trying to bash me. Also, you don't seem to know what hypocrite means.

Tundra 793
08-28-2017, 04:10 PM
Keep your opinion to yourself.

No worries, I can pitch in.

Yes, those players can make me give off more of a toxic attitude, doesn't mean I'm a toxic person.

"Just because I sound toxic, and act toxic, doesn't mean I am toxic."

Sure, that adds up.

What you need to do is remove yourself from my thread because your comment is non-constructive and is just trying to bash me.

Public forum, open thread; It's fair game dude.
And to be fair, It's a thread where you bash any player you deem "inferior" to yourself.

Also, you don't seem to know what hypocrite means.

No. No, no. I'm fairly confident It's you who doesn't know it.

Alustar.
08-28-2017, 04:15 PM
No worries, I can pitch in.

"Just because I sound toxic, and act toxic, doesn't mean I am toxic."

Sure, that adds up.

Public forum, open thread; It's fair game dude.
And to be fair, It's a thread where you bash any player you deem "inferior" to yourself.

No. No, no. I'm fairly confident It's you who doesn't know it.

lol I love this comment

dekot11
08-28-2017, 07:22 PM
The game is dying, unless you want to wait like 10 minutes for every match, people should just deal with the fact that the matchmaking will be uneven.

FlyghterDRS
08-28-2017, 07:32 PM
I think I take a break to back when the game was in s01 each character had unblock bash or unblock attack so you will know that character strengths and weaknesses but now let give him a pin whit a unblock kick and a unblock attack or let give him bleed and toe unblock whit a bit of pin and what the .... let trow a unblock there to i cant understand why they cant fallow a pattern and give each character some strong point whit some clear week points
I better play dark souls less pain .

FlyghterDRS
08-28-2017, 07:36 PM
I think I take a break to back when the game was in s01 each character had unblock bash or unblock attack so you will know that character strengths and weaknesses but now let give him a pin whit a unblock kick and a unblock attack or let give him bleed and toe unblock whit a bit of pin and what the .... let trow a unblock there to i cant understand why they cant fallow a pattern and give each character some strong point whit some clear week points
I better play dark souls less pain .

Supercool5150
08-28-2017, 07:41 PM
It would be easy to jump on the bashing train Stone because I think you are being a little if not a lot toxic yourself. However, I am going to give you some advice that you yourself requested at the end of your opening rant. When I have a team that I know isn't up to the challenge of being able to handle things on their own I resort to something crazy....I HELP THEM. I change my style of play and stay near 1 if not all of my teammates to even the odds. I follow their lead wrong or not to ensure us having a shot at winning. Now I agree the match making is ****, but I have won dominion matches with far inferior teams because we stuck together. And your'e right some of these guys are so dense they don't have a clue as of what to do in dominion. When you get matched with a team like this you need to recognize it and adjust. You can't change how others play but you can control what you do. Not every game is going to go the same way so your play style shouldn't either. The only other suggestion I have would be to quit and come back when the day comes match making is fixed. Just my two cents.

Supercool5150
08-28-2017, 07:49 PM
You pretty much hit the nail on the head with this one. I literally played a game not even half an hour ago where my entire team almost seemed like they were intentionally trying to lose. All my pings, go here, there, need help here! nothing, not a damn thing. We lost because instead of grouping up they decided to all enter the ****ing lions den damn near one at a time and get slaughtered each and every time. Being the last guy, I hold out for as long as I can, but ultimately, not every one can win every 1v4.

Ubi, please fix this, I'm tired of fighting alongside and against noobs.

This is a perfect example. No offense seaners but instead of pinging for help just group yourself up with them. They don't have to come to you if you go to them. A lot of self proclaimed good players complain about the noobs or guys that cost them games....But isn't it possible you are costing yourself the game by not adjusting your play. Once you realize no one is coming to help you have to assume you might have to be the glue that keeps the team from falling apart.

SinisterClassic
08-28-2017, 08:00 PM
he's got a point I know it literally drives me insane but half the time I'm too blinded by frustration to think straight but he is right. Look past the frustration and try sticking with your team. I'm guilty as hell of not doing that and then paying the price for it so I have to keep slapping myself back into reality like hey a team that sticks together wins together. Granted like I said before there are a lot of ******** aspects about this game but one fact still remains no one person is that ****ing good that they can always win it "FOR" their team and not "WITH" their team. ***** as much as you want but those that stick to that concept are in fact right and mostly victorious.

Alustar.
08-28-2017, 08:40 PM
he's got a point I know it literally drives me insane but half the time I'm too blinded by frustration to think straight but he is right. Look past the frustration and try sticking with your team. I'm guilty as hell of not doing that and then paying the price for it so I have to keep slapping myself back into reality like hey a team that sticks together wins together. Granted like I said before there are a lot of ******** aspects about this game but one fact still remains no one person is that ****ing good that they can always win it "FOR" their team and not "WITH" their team. ***** as much as you want but those that stick to that concept are in fact right and mostly victorious.

Try running skirmish matches against several bots and just yourself. Turn the damage down so all you focus on is blocking and parrying. This will at least help alleviate the anxiety in the inevitable event of you being outnumbered.

SinisterClassic
08-28-2017, 08:45 PM
thank you I'll take that to heart any advice helps in this game lol. =)

SikanderAzam
08-28-2017, 09:07 PM
I can't take it anymore. We are constantly promised change, told that the game is being made better, but it isn't.

The problem is that a huge portion of the entire player base is and has always been at the end of their rope. A ton of people want to quit, but it sucks them in. I hate this game and will never even consider buying another Ubisoft title after how they've handled this, but I still play sometimes just because I'm invested at this point. I honestly wish Ubi would just announce that they're stopping all development on it and let it die so that we can all rest in peace instead of being dragged along with carrots on sticks.

PrimaGoosa
08-29-2017, 03:28 AM
The thing about solo queue is that you never know what sort of teammates you're going to get. I'm pretty sure you just aren't remembering all the times you were matched with a team that steamrolled your opponent, because I think that's what you expect to happen. When you get trashed because your teammates aren't good, you don't expect that and it stands out.

If you really care about winning, queue with friends. If you don't have any friends, then just queue for the chaos and the fights. You don't really have any other choice, because the game isn't going to serve you players you personally think are good against players you think are appropriately bad to net you a victory without you feeling like it was too easy.

SinisterClassic
08-29-2017, 04:02 AM
True very true

kweassa1
08-29-2017, 04:41 AM
The thing about solo queue is that you never know what sort of teammates you're going to get. I'm pretty sure you just aren't remembering all the times you were matched with a team that steamrolled your opponent, because I think that's what you expect to happen. When you get trashed because your teammates aren't good, you don't expect that and it stands out.

If you really care about winning, queue with friends. If you don't have any friends, then just queue for the chaos and the fights. You don't really have any other choice, because the game isn't going to serve you players you personally think are good against players you think are appropriately bad to net you a victory without you feeling like it was too easy.

It's called "selective memory." People only remember what they want to remember, in the way they want to remember -- regardless of what actually happens.

- Experience a 3~4 match bad luck streak with weak team members? Wow, that's maddening. So much rage! <--- People remember this one.

- ALL THE REST of the matches where the game went fine, had a good one, won easily, steamrolled opponents... <--- People NEVER remember these.

Charmzzz
08-29-2017, 08:50 AM
What Supercool5150 said! You can adapt and carry any team to a win. Yesterday I carried a full-bot team to a win vs 4 human players. I just sticked with the bots and went out with 15+ kills and only 2-3 deaths. Opponents were Rep 8+, so I thought "oh my gawd this will be a r*pefest" - but the enemy team did not stick together. So me and my bot mates had them constantly lose 1-2 members, hold 2 points and won the game (with a lucky catapult from me killing 3 people).

It is your attitude and adapting that lets you win "impossibru" matchups. Not the matchups themselves.

Alustar.
08-29-2017, 11:28 AM
And that is precisely why I record a lot of my matches.