PDA

View Full Version : Gladiator 'No Mercy' Execution Animation is horrible

Mia.Nora
08-27-2017, 01:57 AM
It was done to me a few times and I thought it how horrible it looked was mainly due to the camera positioning from victim's view, but I went into some games as Gladiator and used this execution since other one takes ages, and boy how horrible that animation is for its victim.

Even for a small enemy like shinobi or oroichi it still looks horrible, then sometimes you do it on a shugoki or LB, and it looks like an animation back from early 90s. Please fix the part of that execution animation for the victim.

For Honor's best part is how amazing it looks, and Glad's other execution is a prime example of how amazing graphics and animations are, but when you start to cut corners from the only aspect that wasn't watered down it becomes real disappointing. I get it connectivity, matchmaking and general balance are **** and will always be so, but please do not mess with the one thing that is great about this game; the way it looks.

UbiNoty
08-28-2017, 02:07 AM
Are there any specific complaints you have about it? Like is it clipping somewhere, it looks awkward during a certain part of it, is it not animated smoothly at certain points?
I can bring it up with the team to look into but some more details will certainly help point us in the right direction.

Mia.Nora
08-28-2017, 02:17 AM
Are there any specific complaints you have about it? Like is it clipping somewhere, it looks awkward during a certain part of it, is it not animated smoothly at certain points?
I can bring it up with the team to look into but some more details will certainly help point us in the right direction.

If you review it done on a LB or shugoki you will immediately realize how wrong it is.

I didn't feel the need to take video clip of it, since it can be checked out in full screen by anyone on customization menu; I guess it is kind of tough to put a visual problem in words but let me try.

Animation goes like that;
1. Gladiator stabs opponent at chest
2. Glad turn other way and picks trident on his shoulder
3. Opponent gets in a flight ready animation opening arms to sides
4. Glad flips over trident and opponent along with it.

Problem is that the opponent at the end of trident does not behave (physically) like a body swung at the tip of a spear; but more like a cardboard cut-out of a man attached firmly to a pole. Victim maintains their angle to the trident at all times through the animation instead of the way it would behave if physics were actually involved.

A simple comparison would be Nobushi's flip over (aikido kind of move) she does with her execution. When she flips over her opponent over her shoulder it looks so fluid and realistic since opponent has an animation, as opposed to Gladiator's opponent stays rigid as if somehow his animation got bugged out through out the whole thing.

Knight_Raime
08-28-2017, 08:19 AM
I prefer it to the one where you pin them on the ground trying to force it down on their chest. The person being executed is supposed to be holding the trident in hopes to keep it up. But due to the animation it often looks like they are holding on nothing and the trident is else where.
it's the guy taking an arrow to the chest at the start of one of the levels all over again.