PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone actually know how mods/ hacks work?

RAGEQUIT U JOKE
08-26-2017, 09:22 PM
Do mods even actually exist on console or is that just what losers cry about whenever they're trash at the game?
And since when did this community become so toxic?
I've gotten 6 messages from toxic sore loses today alone, far more than I get for rainbow 6 siege which to me, is way more competitive. I recently came back to this game and it just seems like there is an entirely different community, it went from everyone respecting the fight to people getting straight up salty whenever they lose.
Anyways, the most recent sore loser said they reported me because i destroyed them, whats funny is that same exact round 30 seconds after that someone killed me twice in a row. I died, got revived, than he killed me again almost instantly.
To me, thats just the game
I guess to some sore losers, thats a sign of "hacking"
It got me thinking about that whole situation and i have no knowledge in that area so I want to hear from someone that does.
As far as i know, hacking/modding doesn't even exist on xbox one. Is that correct or no?
Again, I dont know how this works but aren't mods/hacks really complicated? when you have them you cant just switch it on or off whenever you want in the same 30 seconds right?
Finally, isn't that super easy to detect since literally no one who owns an xbox mods or hacks?
It seems like if someone were to legit do that they would be caught instantly?
Idk
can someone explain this to me?

UbiInsulin
08-26-2017, 09:32 PM
As a general rule, it's harder to do things that involve literally changing the game on consoles. We consider "hacking" to be a kind of cheating involving modifying the game in some way. On console, players are much more likely to be encountering exploits (i.e. glitch abuse, anything that involves the design of the level or game mechanics). Unfortunately, in-game latency issues can also cause the appearance of unnatural character movement.

But I'd rather not give a blanket "there's no hacking on consoles" answer. If anything looks sketchy, we'd recommend opening a ticket at https://support.ubi.com and sending video to us, if possible. Preventing hacking & cheating is a huge priority for us on every platform, and we investigate every cheater report we receive.

RAGEQUIT U JOKE
08-26-2017, 09:36 PM
Nice, that helps and does make sense thank you.