PDA

View Full Version : Latest demo crash

XyZspineZyX
10-12-2003, 02:25 PM
Hi, just to know if I'm the only who have problem with the latest official demo, that have just been released/

Here the problem, the game crash my computer during the introduction just aftyer the begining of the intro sequence when you choose new game.

Here's my specs :

Athlon XP 2200+
ATI Radeon 9700 Pro (catalyst 3.8)
1Go DDR PC2700
Windows XP with directx 9.0b

I've tried the options fin lime command that are present in the readme, and that just made the samething.

The issue is that the first launch after the boot, the VPU Recover utility integrated with the latest Catalyst, just said that there were a crash and send a report to ATI, the next time, it is a totally crash that let me only the reset of my computer.

I would be happy if someone could help me making this demo running http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

XyZspineZyX
10-12-2003, 02:25 PM
Hi, just to know if I'm the only who have problem with the latest official demo, that have just been released/

Here the problem, the game crash my computer during the introduction just aftyer the begining of the intro sequence when you choose new game.

Here's my specs :

Athlon XP 2200+
ATI Radeon 9700 Pro (catalyst 3.8)
1Go DDR PC2700
Windows XP with directx 9.0b

I've tried the options fin lime command that are present in the readme, and that just made the samething.

The issue is that the first launch after the boot, the VPU Recover utility integrated with the latest Catalyst, just said that there were a crash and send a report to ATI, the next time, it is a totally crash that let me only the reset of my computer.

I would be happy if someone could help me making this demo running http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

XyZspineZyX
10-12-2003, 06:15 PM
Finally, someone with the same problem as me. Unfortunetly I have not found a fix. I've tried pretty much everything I can think of none of which have helped. We have similiar specs also. If you happen to get it working, please post the solution here as I would really like to play.

Specs:

Windows XP Pro SP1
DirectX 9.0b
P4 2.53ghz
All In Wonder 9700 Pro
512mb PC2700
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum

I wonder if it is an issue with radeon 9700 pro's or catalyst 3.8 drivers?

XyZspineZyX
10-12-2003, 07:24 PM
Yes I'm wondering the same thing because we have the same cards and drivers :/

I hope a fix will be quickly available to be able to fully use this demo.

XyZspineZyX
10-13-2003, 08:45 AM
That isn't an All in wonder 9700 pro is it? I'm just trying to rule out any of the additional drivers for that.

XyZspineZyX
10-13-2003, 09:55 AM
No it is not only all in wonder, i thinks it is a, ATI radeon problem, I have a Radeon 9700 that is not an all in wonder http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

XyZspineZyX
10-14-2003, 02:29 PM
I managed to fix my problem, finally... I don't know if you are having the same problem, but it is possible, so here is what I did to fix it.
Go to Run and type dxdiag.
Click the display tab
check to see if AGP texture acceleration is on.

Mine was off, and so were the rest of AGP specific functions, it appears there was some problem with the way the ATI setup program installed my drivers, and after browsing through some forums I can tell you this is a fairly common problem. The fix is basically to:
uninstall your catalyst drivers, reboot.
Run the setup program for the drivers, only after the files are extracted, cancel the install.
Next using device manager or add hardware wizard, manually point to where the ATI setup program extracts the drivers (ex. C:\ATI\Support\) and continue to install the drivers that way. Reboot and go back to dxdiag and check to see if AGP texture acceleration is on.

Not only did this fix my beyond good & evil crashing problem, it made huge performance increases, (doubled my aquamark 3 score and added almost 1000 marks in 3dmark03). This may not be your problem, but since we had the same problem and similiar hardware I figured I would share my solution...Hope this helps /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif