PDA

View Full Version : Custumizable signs

Canadian Beer42
08-26-2017, 08:17 PM
I wish there were signs you could customize yourself. Sort of like Minecraft, but you can choose what kind of signs to write on (to give a different feel for different settings). As well as type your own things on them and select different fonts.

akilyoung
08-30-2017, 02:33 PM
Definitely.

It would make it really easy to promote battlemap as well as map makers association

ImGonaG3tUsucka
08-30-2017, 04:31 PM
Customizable signs with lettering would be great to even help the player understand where to go and what to go. Also to label areas and buildings.

Canadian Beer42
08-31-2017, 05:07 PM
Decals would take too long to write a message, sure there could be decals of letters but that's if you were to write a message on a wall. So I'd recommend customizable signs and letter decals. As long as the decals snap into place on a surface.

Fallen-Champ
08-31-2017, 06:36 PM
Just normal signs would work, Far Cry 2 had different colored arrows for different teams and had extra signs which could be used such as CTD / Uprising or Ammo so you could place an arrow pointing to the direction the diamond was in.

What some might not remember is that some of the signs in far Cry 2 only worked in their actual Multiplayer Modes so as an example an Uprising or Capture The Diamond sign would only be visible for that mode.

Some people exploited this, I remember SupaScoopa_ on PS3 making some ramps out of signs so when you played in the specific mode the ramps could be used bringing another entry / exit area into play - very clever.

If we simply had Up / Down / Right / Left arrows say on a board which had a good view-able distance so they didn't pop in and out of view when really close like some of the items do - then I see these as been very useful.

The Gold Bars get used a lot in Far Cry 4 for making custom letters, if they give us more neat items like that with good draw distance I am sure those with patience will make their own signs.
As for lettering if we had Scripting and a way to input Text like in Gunscape when you walk to a set point you could have a message or text show up on screen and set it to once only or every time so each player only sees it once or it will show each time they cross that area. Obviously it would have a language filter built in.