PDA

View Full Version : What do you think about gladiator's light attack on consoles

anientator66
08-26-2017, 06:45 PM
After a lot of duels (maybe it's just me) i noticed that his light attacks seems even faster than characters like pk or valk.

i know that on pc it should be easier due to the 60fps but on consoles sometimes, i can't even react to the indicator.
i wanna know your opinion about this and maybe some tips because i never had this issue, and with, for example, highlander or even my main warlord i got troubles if my gladiator opponent light spam.

AnEnticingSquid
08-26-2017, 07:00 PM
Glads lights are about the same speed as berserker's. (Rep 4 gladiator, rep 11 zerker on xbox). I only ever get lights if I feint a heavy or skewer. And the follow up light is so slow even a potato can parry it. I think it might be your setup (60 hz t.v. + connection lag + host advantage = no chance.). I am maining gladiator now and I just accepted the fact that his/her/its lights are just too slow to use at neutral. The toe stabber on the other hand, that's a fast attack that I can take people right out of attack animation with.

Lyskir
08-26-2017, 07:04 PM
After a lot of duels (maybe it's just me) i noticed that his light attacks seems even faster than characters like pk or valk.

i know that on pc it should be easier due to the 60fps but on consoles sometimes, i can't even react to the indicator.
i wanna know your opinion about this and maybe some tips because i never had this issue, and with, for example, highlander or even my main warlord i got troubles if my gladiator opponent light spam.

yeah gladi light do have the same speed as PK, Zerker, Orochi top , Warlords side lights and so on, must be BS on console man, im glad im on PC

on PC btw, u dont dare to throw out a light chain with Glad the second one gets parried 100% of the time against decent players

Knight_Raime
08-26-2017, 07:10 PM
The first light is 500ms and the second one is 600ms if done in a combo.
So it's not faster.
Your issue is the animation itself. it's a poke like valks lights are. Which means there isn't as big of a visual tell on the attack happening as say someone like centurion who has the same 500ms light but he swings in a big arc.

I'm on console and i'm already starting to block his lights.

anientator66
08-26-2017, 07:17 PM
Yeah, probably it's the animation cause i don't see his arm moving, i mean, my eye is not so fast

the majority of them just do the jump+light, then stop, then an other light , then stop and so on, they've never done the combo.
thanks anyway :)

Lyskir
08-26-2017, 08:05 PM
Yeah, probably it's the animation cause i don't see his arm moving, i mean, my eye is not so fast

the majority of them just do the jump+light, then stop, then an other light , then stop and so on, they've never done the combo.
thanks anyway :)

block any dash light and u get a free GB on him

UbiJurassic
08-26-2017, 11:39 PM
Glad lights can definitely be difficult to deal with, but they can become easy to anticipate with practice. He's relies pretty heavily on those dodges, but that can also mean that you can get some free guardbreaks in there. Keep practicing and you'll be putting gladiators down with ease. :)

Mighty_Mackerel
08-27-2017, 09:08 PM
It's really lame what you have to do when fighting against a Galdiator; you have to keep your distance and play the waiting game. Eventually they mess up and leave an opening.

What trips me almost every time is when they hit you in the face to daze you so you can't see the attack indicators, and then throw out a whole bunch of feints immediately afterwards. XD

SenBotsu893
08-27-2017, 10:20 PM
what i wonder is if the stagger from a single light keeps you in place for a free toestab? sometimes it seems that even though i press the dodge button my character simply wont move and eats the unblockable unparrieable toestab