PDA

View Full Version : Great event sadly plagued by matchmaking and anti-cheat bugs

Infidel.Castro
08-26-2017, 02:30 PM
Great! Double XP weekend! I can level up several of my favourite heroes!

Ok, lets get some championship status for the event, 2k steel not a problem!!

So I was set for a nice weekend of playing For Honor, but that is not the case. My patience has run dry. Far too many disconnects from games for "Easy Anti-Cheat Timed Out", or matchmaking bugs such as session full or the matchmaker not being ready (meaning a restart of the client)

I hope you sort this BS out soon devs, as underneath all this crap is a good game.

Anyhow, I hope there are more events like this when you have a more stable game, until then I am out.

Ontari
08-26-2017, 02:48 PM
Struggling with it too... just had 6th time in a row when I got kicked due to this problem -.-

EDIT: 7th...

Ontari
08-26-2017, 02:52 PM
You must be ****in kidding me. I can't play dominion.

CandleInTheDark
08-26-2017, 04:28 PM
I've been in dominion vs ai with matchmaking on (I am power levelling a few characters to legendary gear before going back into pvp), I have three rep points so far and hoping for another 1-3 between now and the event ending, one disconnect in about 90 matches (bearing in mind there are only four players, no one rage quits and the matches end quicker). Given it has near the same if not the same xp as pvp when matchmaking is turned on it is what I would recommend to get into and through matches.

Infidel.Castro
08-26-2017, 06:22 PM
snip.

Not a bad shout, I'll give it a try a bit later. If that works at least I won't have wasted 2k steel on the championship status.

CandleInTheDark
08-26-2017, 07:57 PM
Not a bad shout, I'll give it a try a bit later. If that works at least I won't have wasted 2k steel on the championship status.

Worked well enough so far. i would recommend having a good music set going, I have done over a hundred games in 24 hours (yes I have slept, probably not enough >.>), worth it because I had a season three goal of getting five heroes into legendary gear to fill 4v4 roles as I am a pug player, my main will always be my main but sometimes I am in teams of four assassins. I needed 19 rep points to build on the first two seasons at the start, 12 yesterday, now it is about eight and a half. Hoping to get to around 6 or 7 to go by the end of it.

That is a lot for me, to put it into context, on a good week I can get two rep levels (and was actually a little ahead of that the first two weeks of this season), without the boost that is what I would be approaching now in just over 24 hours, wanted to make good when I had the bonus. Then I will probably take a break, get some fresh air and sunlight >.> lol

Infidel.Castro
08-26-2017, 08:22 PM
Yep, music is pumping away! This is a great way to power level, no connection problems and no d*ckheads.

Jarl.Felix
08-26-2017, 08:33 PM
Absolutely trash p2p "improvements" . I wanted to make a slight comeback to this game but I guess ForError will remain in history for Ubifail's worse game ever.

CandleInTheDark
08-26-2017, 08:36 PM
Yep, music is pumping away! This is a great way to power level, no connection problems and no d*ckheads.

Less people acting foolish in any case, if you're lucky you get a group who like you are fighting bots because they want to level, you still get a few people who will shoot you on the Sentinel map or assassins that insist they have to boost zone when you're playing a heavy (and promptly lose it five seconds after you're half way to the other zone to make sure someone is on that one).

Infidel.Castro
08-26-2017, 09:20 PM
Absolutely trash p2p "improvements" . I wanted to make a slight comeback to this game but I guess ForError will remain in history for Ubifail's worse game ever.

It's a good game, it's just got some teething problems, which hopefully the dedicated servers will sort out. I would say the Division is Ubi's worst game, so so many game breaking bugs/exploits and a much worse community than here. That game promised a lot and didn't deliver, though to be fair not as bad as No Man's Sky's royal f*ck up.

CandleInTheDark
08-26-2017, 09:26 PM
It's a good game, it's just got some teething problems, which hopefully the dedicated servers will sort out. I would say the Division is Ubi's worst game, so so many game breaking bugs/exploits and a much worse community than here. That game promised a lot and didn't deliver, though to be fair not as bad as No Man's Sky's royal f*ck up.

I got on ok with the Division after they fixed the shield glitch but I stayed the hell away from PVP (the one time I nearly extracted something I got trigger happy defending my spot from npcs who saw the chopper coming that I went rogue shooting an agent), enjoyed Underground well enough and had finished with the game between Underground dropping and the next one.

Infidel.Castro
08-27-2017, 02:54 AM
Well after a good session against AI, I decided to try some more PvP again. What a joke, completed 2 out of 8 matches. Come on devs, get your sh*t together.

It was never this bad before season 3, what happened?

UbiJurassic
08-27-2017, 03:01 AM
Sorry to hear you're running into problems while grinding during the event. I know the team is working on he matchmaking bugs and I'll be sure to notify them of the Anti-Cheat bugs as well, if they aren't already working towards resolving those as well.

Infidel.Castro
08-27-2017, 03:15 AM
Sorry to hear you're running into problems while grinding during the event. I know the team is working on he matchmaking bugs and I'll be sure to notify them of the Anti-Cheat bugs as well, if they aren't already working towards resolving those as well.

The anti-cheat timing out seems to be the biggest issue at the moment, though this isn't the only problem just the most common. Hope you guys can figure it out soon, as this game needs to succeed as it is a great IP.