PDA

View Full Version : List of things time snap removal has screwed

Knight_Raime
08-26-2017, 08:01 AM
These are my personal findings so far feel free to list your own:

~Peacekeeper can't soft cancel heavy into guardbreak mid combo anymore.
~You can't light attack warden out of shoulder bash anymore.
~Parry timing for highlanders unblockable heavy after a kick/toss is not consistent.

ChampionRuby50g
08-26-2017, 09:44 AM
Did time snap also effect been Guard broken during heavy start ups? My Lawbringer got Guard broken on his top unblockable just has he finished saying "AD MORTEM...." everyone in my party said it was BS that I was GB so late into an unblockable.

Knight_Raime
08-26-2017, 09:47 AM
Did time snap also effect been Guard broken during heavy start ups? My Lawbringer got Guard broken on his top unblockable just has he finished saying "AD MORTEM...." everyone in my party said it was BS that I was GB so late into an unblockable.

Unsure. I know that people have been able to GB people's heavy startups since launch of the game. (well on slower heros anyway) but I didn't ever think about if that was possible with unblockables. So I wouldn't be able to tell you.

ChampionRuby50g
08-26-2017, 01:18 PM
Unsure. I know that people have been able to GB people's heavy startups since launch of the game. (well on slower heros anyway) but I didn't ever think about if that was possible with unblockables. So I wouldn't be able to tell you.

I remember reading something that said timesnap effected the button input, and coupled with latency problems is the reason why that happens a lot more often. I do state my memory is horrible and I might've misinterpreted and what I said was completely wrong, but it's that reason I added the GB through start up to your list.

Vakris_One
08-26-2017, 01:41 PM
These are my personal findings so far feel free to list your own:

~Peacekeeper can't soft cancel heavy into guardbreak mid combo anymore.
~You can't light attack warden out of shoulder bash anymore.
~Parry timing for highlanders unblockable heavy after a kick/toss is not consistent.
I can't speak for the Peacekeeper but I've definitely light attacked Wardens out of their shoulder bashes and in turn I have been light attacked out of SB quite consistently. I did however notice in one of Tru3Ta1ent's videos where he hit a Warden right on the cusp of Warden unleashing shoulder bash and it didn't stop him. When True's attack hit him the Warden briefly flashed white as if he had super armour. I thought it was just a glitch that happens from time to time like sometimes when you hit through an emeny's guard (when they're low on health) and see the execution pose for half a second before it reverts back and your oppononent is alive again.

I don't think we can accurately say whether Time Snap affects the Highlander seeing as how Time Snap was disabled before the Highlander was released so we have no basis of comparison for him. It could be he is either bugged or intended to be this way.

Knight_Raime
08-26-2017, 06:40 PM
I remember reading something that said timesnap effected the button input, and coupled with latency problems is the reason why that happens a lot more often. I do state my memory is horrible and I might've misinterpreted and what I said was completely wrong, but it's that reason I added the GB through start up to your list.

well wether it is a bug or not we can both agree GBing someone in the start up of an attack is stupid and it should be removed.

Knight_Raime
08-26-2017, 06:51 PM
I can't speak for the Peacekeeper but I've definitely light attacked Wardens out of their shoulder bashes and in turn I have been light attacked out of SB quite consistently. I did however notice in one of Tru3Ta1ent's videos where he hit a Warden right on the cusp of Warden unleashing shoulder bash and it didn't stop him. When True's attack hit him the Warden briefly flashed white as if he had super armour. I thought it was just a glitch that happens from time to time like sometimes when you hit through an emeny's guard (when they're low on health) and see the execution pose for half a second before it reverts back and your oppononent is alive again.

I don't think we can accurately say whether Time Snap affects the Highlander seeing as how Time Snap was disabled before the Highlander was released so we have no basis of comparison for him. It could be he is either bugged or intended to be this way.

Platform? I haven't been able to do it on xbox at all except 2 seperate instances since they removed time snap.

For clarification purposes i'm not saying time snap is making it possible for assassins to parry those attacks after being kicked/tossed. I'm saying the timing of doing so isn't consistent.

Yesterday I went to test a theory someone posted on parrying in those instances. The poster had mentioned that if you went for a top unblockable after a kick it was always guaranteed. So I went to test this. along with it being possible to parry from any side both on the kick and toss.

I was able to parry the top UB heavy after the kick in both test sessions (which lasted 20 minutes total.) However I could never parry it from the sides after a kick knowing I had done it in the past.
Off of cabers toss I initially wasn't able to because it looked like it was hitting me in my wake up and there was no white flash inidicator that I could tell. But I was able to parry the UB after the toss on the sides.

We then switched roles and he couldn't parry a thing even though he is as good as if not better at general parrying (i'm better at parrying specific instances.) We then switched back. I was able to re confirm parrying the top UB off of a kick and the side UB heavies off of cabers toss. But I then managed to parry the top UB off of a toss. Though I couldn't parry any of it consistently despite inputting nearly frame perfectly.

We had considered first if it was our input timing on the UB. Which is why we both took turns as highlander. We tested both his timing and mine and couldn't find a pattern with the parrying. We also tried 2 seperate assassins pk and rochi. Still no consistency. we also tried distance. Us in hugging distance or at the max range of his kick/toss. again. No consistency. The only conclusion that made sense to us both is that we were having latency issues due to time snaps removal even though visually nothing in the match seemed off. It's happened before for us and in matches i've had online.

I could care less if assassins being able to parry it is intended or not. My issue is that there isn't consistency to it at all. And it annoys me that we'll potentially have to deal with this till whenever they manage to fix the indicators. (off topic I watched that video from true and it annoys me to no end that they actually made changes to Wardens SB to prevent that stuff. But I guess that it's still doable if you're insanely good at the game.)

Jarl.Felix
08-26-2017, 09:06 PM
Does this "time snap" has something to do with the fact that in season 3 my commands are always laggy ?

I mean i usually press a comnnad ( za, side light you name it) and my raider executes it with incredible delay sometimes !

UbiJurassic
08-26-2017, 11:30 PM
It's hard to nail down exactly what is and isn't related to the deactivation of Time Snap, but we're aware of the concerns around it and the team is working on bringing improvements to negate any negative side effects of Time Snap's deactivation.

Vakris_One
08-27-2017, 02:58 AM
Platform? I haven't been able to do it on xbox at all except 2 seperate instances since they removed time snap.

For clarification purposes i'm not saying time snap is making it possible for assassins to parry those attacks after being kicked/tossed. I'm saying the timing of doing so isn't consistent.

Yesterday I went to test a theory someone posted on parrying in those instances. The poster had mentioned that if you went for a top unblockable after a kick it was always guaranteed. So I went to test this. along with it being possible to parry from any side both on the kick and toss.

I was able to parry the top UB heavy after the kick in both test sessions (which lasted 20 minutes total.) However I could never parry it from the sides after a kick knowing I had done it in the past.
Off of cabers toss I initially wasn't able to because it looked like it was hitting me in my wake up and there was no white flash inidicator that I could tell. But I was able to parry the UB after the toss on the sides.

We then switched roles and he couldn't parry a thing even though he is as good as if not better at general parrying (i'm better at parrying specific instances.) We then switched back. I was able to re confirm parrying the top UB off of a kick and the side UB heavies off of cabers toss. But I then managed to parry the top UB off of a toss. Though I couldn't parry any of it consistently despite inputting nearly frame perfectly.

We had considered first if it was our input timing on the UB. Which is why we both took turns as highlander. We tested both his timing and mine and couldn't find a pattern with the parrying. We also tried 2 seperate assassins pk and rochi. Still no consistency. we also tried distance. Us in hugging distance or at the max range of his kick/toss. again. No consistency. The only conclusion that made sense to us both is that we were having latency issues due to time snaps removal even though visually nothing in the match seemed off. It's happened before for us and in matches i've had online.

I could care less if assassins being able to parry it is intended or not. My issue is that there isn't consistency to it at all. And it annoys me that we'll potentially have to deal with this till whenever they manage to fix the indicators. (off topic I watched that video from true and it annoys me to no end that they actually made changes to Wardens SB to prevent that stuff. But I guess that it's still doable if you're insanely good at the game.)
I'm on PC. I've been playing as the Highlander some more and there does seem to be a general all around inconsistency with his guarranteeds off of kick and wall splat. Off of a kick sometimes I can get a UB and sometimes the opponent can either dodge it or parry it. Off of a wall splat sometimes I can get a defensive stance top heavy and sometimes the opponent blocks it. Only a kick into a wall splat always guarrantees a UB in my experience. This inconsistency is quite annoying though as it essentially makes punishes by and against a Highlander a luck based guessing game.

As to the Warden's SB, lo and behold I met a Warden today that did an uninterruptible shoulder bash on me. As his SB was coming at me I hit him with a light but it did not stop him. This is the first time that I can remember where a Warden's SB powered on straight through my light attack, just like I saw in one of True Talent's videos.

Antonioj26
08-27-2017, 03:36 AM
I'm on PC. I've been playing as the Highlander some more and there does seem to be a general all around inconsistency with his guarranteeds off of kick and wall splat. Off of a kick sometimes I can get a UB and sometimes the opponent can either dodge it or parry it. Off of a wall splat sometimes I can get a defensive stance top heavy and sometimes the opponent blocks it. Only a kick into a wall splat always guarrantees a UB in my experience. This inconsistency is quite annoying though as it essentially makes punishes by and against a Highlander a luck based guessing game.

As to the Warden's SB, lo and behold I met a Warden today that did an uninterruptible shoulder bash on me. As his SB was coming at me I hit him with a light but it did not stop him. This is the first time that I can remember where a Warden's SB powered on straight through my light attack, just like I saw in one of True Talent's videos.

Gotta link to the video? Would be curious to see this.

S0Mi_xD
08-27-2017, 12:19 PM
I don't know, i left the game with timesnap on for 2 months and entered it with timesnap off.
Fighting feels the same, sometimes even better than befor.

The only thing i noticed was, deflecting was harder and sometimes parry (but i think it's because i was out of shape after 2 months break)

Some things changed in positive ways, and those where not mentioned in any patchnotes or streams.

Berserkers abillity "close combat" - you can cancel the recovery of whiffed attacks to a certain degree.
- befor i left, it wasn't possible to use it properly, because the window was very short, around 200 ms i would estimate or lower.
- after i came back, it is really wide and i can cancel nearly full light recovery as well as heavy recovery.

Also a change - Berserkers Zone can't be blocked on the last hit anymore if you connect it.

I don't know, if it is because of timesnap or not.
If it is really due to timesnap and it goes back after re-activating it, they should make those changes officially...
It fixes those both abilities to a good extend, and if it really goes back to the old thing it would make Zone to risky again (it is still risky because it has a buggy animaition if it whiffs, or if it is blocked it is a easy parry ...) and "close combat" would be useless again.

But i already mentioned this all in my last Berserker suggestion thread, and it was seen by ubi, but we all know how it works - it's very unlikly that some change will happen....

Vakris_One
08-27-2017, 02:36 PM
Gotta link to the video? Would be curious to see this.
Unfortunately I can't remember which one of his videos it was in :(