PDA

View Full Version : Gladiator toe stab during combo problem

RiceComboA
08-26-2017, 03:39 AM
I'm not sure if this is just a case of "Gid Gud" or not. If so, I apologize and will welcome tips on the issue.

Gladiator toe stab can come out after any part of a combo chain. Is it avoidable? Yes.

My problem is, after blocking, I have to que dodge immediately, or eat the stab due to block recovery.
Does not sound that bad sure, but what happens when the Glad GB?

That's a pretty sick 50/50.

Herbstlicht
08-26-2017, 11:13 AM
Agreed. This one skill that can come out everywhere and needs be dodged hurts a real lot in a longer fight. I guess it is a real problem for low range heros without dodge attacks, less so for assassins and longer range heroes.

Alustar.
08-26-2017, 02:32 PM
The plus side to it is it's really a disengage for Gladiators in a sense, yeah it come after any combo, however they also can't follow it up effectively with anything that I've seen.

From my experience it's more there to agitate and make an overly defensive player more aggressive.

Knight_Raime
08-26-2017, 06:57 PM
Agreed. This one skill that can come out everywhere and needs be dodged hurts a real lot in a longer fight. I guess it is a real problem for low range heros without dodge attacks, less so for assassins and longer range heroes.

I'm able to dodge it consistently with people who have short ish dodges (warden) and lawbringer who basically just takes 2 steps. it's got nothing to do with dodge distance as like any charge type of attack (where the attack isn't released instantly) it can and will track if you dodge early. It's all about timing.

The toe stab is catching everyone right now because no one has built solid muscle memory to Gladiator yet. But it's deff slow enough to dodge on reaction. it's actually even slower when you're OOS by 100ms.

Knight_Raime
08-26-2017, 06:58 PM
The plus side to it is it's really a disengage for Gladiators in a sense, yeah it come after any combo, however they also can't follow it up effectively with anything that I've seen.

From my experience it's more there to agitate and make an overly defensive player more aggressive.

I love it to be honest. And by that extension the gladiator as a whole. He in 1v1 literally exists to annoy you. Constant bashes, constant movement, constant cancels, a toe stab to create distance or interupt something just for pure annoyance. it's all very great.

RiceComboA
08-26-2017, 07:51 PM
I'm not talking about the ability to dodge it. It's possible, and not all that hard when you can predict it's coming.
What I'm getting at is this that you have to que your dodge IMMEDIATELY AFTER BLOCKING.

That leave the Glad to condition you to dodge, then go for a GB instead. It's another 50/50 game here,
and one that's harder to avoid than most.

Jarl.Felix
08-26-2017, 08:05 PM
Gladiator it's a top tier class in good hands. Judging the devs love for cent and gladiator we'll just have to git gud or quit this game.