PDA

View Full Version : Idea to make heavy parry a little more interesting

RiceComboA
08-25-2017, 10:36 PM
Lets be honest, unless you're drunk, MOST Heavies are easily parried.
When you do parry a Heavy, the punish available are inconsistant. Sometimes GB, others Heavy or Light.

I've also seen people throw around the idea of Blade Clashes.
Champions clashing blades with sparks flying would add flavor to the game.

Now my idea is simple.
When the defender successfully Parry a Heavy attack, both champions will Lock Weapons momentary.
At this point, the ATTACKER will have a small window, to overpower the Parry. Maybe something similar to Parrying a Light.
A quick flash of RED for the attacker with the timing window of a Light Attack Parry from a Peacekeeper?

Successfully over powering the Parry will result in a Reset. Nothing happens, or maybe both party lose some Stamina.
Failing that, the Attacker takes the usual punishment, maybe even more severe? Like a Light Parry punishment?

With a chance to counter, I personally will be more willing to throw out more attacks.
Also Blade Clashing is bad a$$.
This might help alleviate some of that Turtling Meta.

This seems doable, with some tweaking needed of course. What do you guys think?

CheekyKemosabe
08-25-2017, 11:15 PM
Interesting concept although I think it'd be a bit more complicated. Not gonna argue that it would be badass though, I agree. Chance to stare down your opponent while your blades lock for that quick moment would make dueling a little more interesting.

however, how would you make this work for a multi-parry. I'm sure I'm not alone in saying that there's already been plenty of moments where I've parried multiple incoming blows simultaneously.

Netcode_err_404
08-26-2017, 12:14 AM
Parry needs to be nerfed hard ONLY in 1v1 / 2v2,

Domion needs the GB after parry.