PDA

View Full Version : Leavers.

Kliftheone
08-25-2017, 10:02 PM
Hi, Is there a way you could add a way to see the last players you faced? Like so I can see the people I played with the last match.

Because, I am so tired of the game crashing due to there being a few special snow flakes that can`t have their stats lowered, or that they are just sore losers. I have crashed so many times just before the score board comes up at the end of a game. All I see is 1-4 of the enemy team leaves and the game crashes.

An easy fix to this S**T is to make it so you can`t quit the match when it is in breaking. If someone doesn't have the time to finish the game, I am sure they will just quit the game or turn off their console or PC. I am so tired of people being "too good to lose"

That_guy44
08-25-2017, 10:05 PM
An easy fix to this S**T is to make it so you can`t quit the match when it is in breaking. If someone doesn't have the time to finish the game, I am sure they will just quit the game or turn off their console or PC. I am so tired of people being "too good to lose"

You just contradicted your own solution.

Kliftheone
08-25-2017, 10:11 PM
Haha yeah, but you can`t do anything about that. It`s just that make it a bit more punishing. I would not mind ubi giving us their IP adress kappa.

UbiInsulin
08-25-2017, 10:18 PM
Hi, Is there a way you could add a way to see the last players you faced? Like so I can see the people I played with the last match.

Because, I am so tired of the game crashing due to there being a few special snow flakes that can`t have their stats lowered, or that they are just sore losers. I have crashed so many times just before the score board comes up at the end of a game. All I see is 1-4 of the enemy team leaves and the game crashes.

Hi Klif, this topic is something that the FH team continues to think about. We obviously want the healthiest game possible, which is why the leaving penalty was added in the first place. We're still open to player suggestions for improvements to the system. I don't know if it's feasible to make it so players "can't quit the match" - as you pointed out, they can just turn off their console/PC. But we understand that leavers are really frustrating, and we'll continue to look at ways to alleviate the problem.

SwellChemosabe
08-25-2017, 11:29 PM
Well so far the penalty has done a good job and keeping more players in matches, but I feel like a little extra push my concrete a 0% chance of anyone leaving voluntarily. As it stands, 10 minutes seems like a lot to those who play this game exclusively, but others see it as an opportunity to just take a quick break, play another game, and come back later just to pull the same gimmick. What if Ubi implemented another penalty, something a little harsher.

you could do it like in siege, making the first offense 15 minutes, 2nd offense 15 minutes and 20% steel reduction, 3rd offense 15 minutes and 50% steel reduction, 4th offense 20-30 minutes and 50% steel reduction, and the last and final offense could be 24 hour ban with a continued 48 hour 50% steel reduction.

These are just numbers I'm throwing out but it seems like only having 10 minutes as the penalty really just doesn't stave off any impulse to quick for players who game competitively across multiple games. All they have to do is load up another game and wait out the 10 minutes then BOOM they're right back to it.

it might seem a bit harsh but it only takes one person who leaves to crash an entire match sending everyone right back to matchmaking, sometimes even just before the match is about to be complete anyway and that's not really fair to the players putting in that time and effort.

Kliftheone
08-26-2017, 12:00 AM
I apriciate that Ubi is still looking in too this, and that they are open to sugestions. Seaners95, I really like your additions, even tho they are just qucik numbers! :D

Kelson27
08-26-2017, 12:47 AM
While I totally agree with you that leavers are super annoying, I'm also a massive believer that they bought the game, its their money and they can play it how they like. This is much more a fault of the backend than the user. Leavers shouldn't be that heavily penalized, really the game shouldn't crash just because they do. I've been stuck in game with a full team of gankers running in a unit, and my whole team has left. I usually like the challenge but id forgive someone on the opposing end of that, and sometimes the matchups just ain't fair. Last night with a all solo players I also got put on a team with rep 30+ each, against 4 rep 0s. I felt completely sorry for them and at least backed off if a team mate decided to make a fight 2 on 1, but still. No hate for a quitter in that situation.

SwellChemosabe
08-26-2017, 12:59 AM
While I totally agree with you that leavers are super annoying, I'm also a massive believer that they bought the game, its their money and they can play it how they like. This is much more a fault of the backend than the user. Leavers shouldn't be that heavily penalized, really the game shouldn't crash just because they do. I've been stuck in game with a full team of gankers running in a unit, and my whole team has left. I usually like the challenge but id forgive someone on the opposing end of that, and sometimes the matchups just ain't fair. Last night with a all solo players I also got put on a team with rep 30+ each, against 4 rep 0s. I felt completely sorry for them and at least backed off if a team mate decided to make a fight 2 on 1, but still. No hate for a quitter in that situation.

This is understandable, and it's why they implemented a 30 second grace period at the beginning of every match in ever game mode. So if in the face off screen you see that you're completely outmatched and feel it would be a lost cause to continue, you have that first 30 seconds to decide whether or not to stay and no penalty will be given. Likewise, disconnects are not affected by this penalty either (most of the time, with the exception of 1 or 2 cases that I've seen so far).

It's a fair point that we've all bought the game and should play how we want, but when your play style is hindering the progression of other players then you become a liability. As I said, it only takes one player to rage quit in the middle of a match to completely destabilize the game and kick everyone back to the menu, and if a player is doing this repeatedly for the sake of his stats then, in my own personal opinion, I believe he or she should be penalized. At that point it's just plain unfair to those who are committed to finishing a match and even more unfair to their teammates.

Imagine that a player goes into dominion and for the duration of the match his team is losing. It looks pretty clear that it will end in defeat but they decide they're all going to stick it out to the end, at least they'll get their xp and steel for their efforts. Well, if one of their team members rage quits, not only did they just get their asses handed to them for 10 minutes straight but now they're not even being rewarded for trying.

The penalty system is mainly enforced for those types of players, the ones who quite and ruin the state of the match for everyone else that were perfectly content with keeping on.

Now of course I would hope, like in the game R6S, the penalty would have an unspecified reset time frame, where every penalty given will reset to the previous tier after a certain amount of time. And if there's any issues, people would simply submit a ticket and have the matter resolved, provided that they have proof that it's simply a system malfunction and not the fault of the player.

Kelson27
08-26-2017, 01:15 AM
I see what its supposed to solve but really, 30 seconds is absolutely nothing. In fact that 30 seconds where others bail would trigger foe the team that's then stuck without teammates. I definitely can't quote on it but id put money on it that the ones that quit aren't really protecting their stats... Usually its a rather one sided matchup, or the rage quit. Again, I think stability should be the issue rather than a punishment. I'd be pretty peeved if I had to submit a ticket! For a game I bought? No thanks. Ever. Also, on the other side to this, that would also explain why three players basically put the control down for the entire of the match last night - we had one guy still going and the rest sat idle in the spawn. Still a rage quit, without the refill of tangible team mates :/ really I don't think there's an ideal situation for this one, except for servers are coming and hopefully the stability ramps up.

SwellChemosabe
08-26-2017, 01:39 AM
I see what its supposed to solve but really, 30 seconds is absolutely nothing. In fact that 30 seconds where others bail would trigger foe the team that's then stuck without teammates. I definitely can't quote on it but id put money on it that the ones that quit aren't really protecting their stats... Usually its a rather one sided matchup, or the rage quit. Again, I think stability should be the issue rather than a punishment. I'd be pretty peeved if I had to submit a ticket! For a game I bought? No thanks. Ever. Also, on the other side to this, that would also explain why three players basically put the control down for the entire of the match last night - we had one guy still going and the rest sat idle in the spawn. Still a rage quit, without the refill of tangible team mates :/ really I don't think there's an ideal situation for this one, except for servers are coming and hopefully the stability ramps up.

I agree with you that better connectivity, dedicated servers, better matchmaking and refills in games with missing players should always be prioritized over penalty but the fact is that most of those things aren't coming until later in season 4 or even after. For now people need a solution to keep dropped matches to a minimum.

I'm not saying that those who leave in the first 30 seconds are protecting their stats (though there probably are some and it's their choice to leave within that time frame) I'm saying that those who decide that the match up is bad have that option. At any point after the grace period quitting simply shouldn't be an idea a player is still mulling in their head. I think we could all benefit from maybe a slightly longer grace period, maybe 45sec-1 min.

It would suck to have to submit a ticket for help on a game you bought, especially for receiving an -unwarranted- penalty but this has happened and everyone in this forum agrees that the game is still wonky. Not an ideal thing but it's a possibility that at one point or another we all might have to submit a ticket for some malfunction or other.

I'm not arguing that penalties shouldn't -have- to be necessary. However, at this stage of the game, they are. simply because of what can happen with just one rage quit.

I think that people who rage quit need an incentive for staying in the game regardless of how the match is panning out for them. Besides, you may lose and you may get matched up with the same team, and it'll suck because it might be the same result for several games, but that's how a good gamer learns. You're defeated, you analyze what happened to cause that defeat, learn from it and implement new strategies based on your opponents. I do this everytime I get my *** handed to me because I know after a couple of games i'll start giving my opponents a run for their money and eventually, they won't be able to beat me because I know what they're gonna do and how they're going to do it. That's the nature of video games.

RatedChaotic
08-26-2017, 01:42 AM
Even if you have a 2hr penalty....You will still have players that will ragequit. Its been tried before. The best way to fix it is so that players can come and go with ease and will not crash the other players. Kinda sounds like Dedicated servers huh? lol....

Even had games where you can only participate in an event once a week and people still ragequit from it. Some people just dont care.

SwellChemosabe
08-26-2017, 01:50 AM
Even if you have a 2hr penalty....You will still have players that will ragequit. Its been tried before. The best way to fix it is so that players can come and go with ease and will not crash the other players. Kinda sounds like Dedicated servers huh? lol....

Even had games where you can only participate in an event once a week and people still ragequit from it.

Respectfully and again

I've already said that dedicated servers, stability, better matchmaking, fluid enter exit match features are preferable and should be top priority. But as most of those aren't arriving until season 4 it would be nice to have a strict penalties for those that rage quitting until then. once those are things are up and running I wouldn't mind if they removed the penalty system altogether.

RatedChaotic
08-26-2017, 01:53 AM
Chill man..My response wasn't directed at you in anyway. I was just saying my 2 cents.

SwellChemosabe
08-26-2017, 01:56 AM
Chill man..my response wasn't directed at you in anyway. I was just saying my 2 cents.

My bad, didn't mean to come off as aggressive. And it was kinda hard to read the tone in that last one, couldn't tell who it was directed at.

I'm just really passionate about this game and I want it to be great.

Kelson27
08-26-2017, 03:29 AM
I actually wonder if it would be better to put a positive spin on it instead of a penalty. Something like an XP and steel boost the more games you finish in a row, or a higher chance of rarer gear etc. That'd keep an incentive to push on through rather than a negative, when next game you might just get matched up with the ones you didn't want to play again anyway.

BLooMeaT
08-26-2017, 11:07 AM
Game crash at the end of a match since 1.03(march). Stop blame leavers, it's not their fault anyway.
You can try to go in options - interface and turn on "show only my sfx' (i don't have english version, don't know how it named) Helped me.

Kliftheone
08-26-2017, 02:49 PM
Well, I tend to blame leavers, maybe I'm wrong. But, it is always a player from the losing team that leaves just before a crash like mentioned in this thred. Is it just conicidens? Maybe sometimes, but, for the most part when it follows that pattern I severly doubt that.

I like the point where you have a postive enforcment insted of a negative one.

I would also like to add that for the "stat" *****s it would be nice if you leaving a game would make it so that it counts as a loss when you check your characters statistics in game.