PDA

View Full Version : Highlander - Unblockable grab is almost always useless.

GeneraISoIo
08-25-2017, 04:49 PM
Highlanders unblockable grab has a very very small success rate. For real, almost useless. Not only can the enemy interrupt it but my team mates can interrupt it soooooooooo easily. If they plan on keeping this "unblockable" then I suggest they allow it to succeed more and to not be so interruptible. Again, this grab is almost always a waste of stamina. Please fix. I suggest at least don't allow team mates to be able to interrupt it. IT IS USELESS IN ITS CURRENT STATE!

CandleInTheDark
08-25-2017, 05:06 PM
The devs said on the Den yesterday that the guardbreak is bugged and they will be fixing it in a live update on thursday with a few other balance changes and bug fixes around the board.

Specialkha
08-25-2017, 05:20 PM
I think he meant Caber Toss.

CandleInTheDark
08-25-2017, 05:22 PM

Ah dangit, I missed that he said unblockable grab, I saw it I read it, somewhere my mind supplied guardbreak lol. Apologies.

D-d0g56
08-25-2017, 05:29 PM
Highlanders unblockable grab has a very very small success rate. For real, almost useless. Not only can the enemy interrupt it but my team mates can interrupt it soooooooooo easily. If they plan on keeping this "unblockable" then I suggest they allow it to succeed more and to not be so interruptible. Again, this grab is almost always a waste of stamina. Please fix. I suggest at least don't allow team mates to be able to interrupt it. IT IS USELESS IN ITS CURRENT STATE!

You need to mix in more OS lights and hit their punish. Only caber when canceling an OS kick. You'll want to put your oponent into a position where they'll try and dodge you. In this case, caber toss becomes a homing misile. If you're struggling to get your oponent to move when in OS, use your DS heavy mix up game. Caber toss is really only for the end of the fight when you have already put pressure on your oponent.

GeneraISoIo
08-25-2017, 05:57 PM
You need to mix in more OS lights and hit their punish. Only caber when canceling an OS kick. You'll want to put your oponent into a position where they'll try and dodge you. In this case, caber toss becomes a homing misile. If you're struggling to get your oponent to move when in OS, use your DS heavy mix up game. Caber toss is really only for the end of the fight when you have already put pressure on your oponent. I understand how to use it 1v1 but when I am in anything other than 1v1, it gets interrupted and has nothing to do with strategy, it has to do with EVERYONE has to stop attacking and let me grab this guy. I did not see the Warrior's den this week, so I'm glad to hear it is a bug.

GeneraISoIo
08-25-2017, 05:59 PM
Yea, I don't have time to remember all the names of my moves. I use a lot of heroes. But thanks for the clarification, myself and the devs can appreciate.

D-d0g56
08-25-2017, 06:23 PM
I understand how to use it 1v1 but when I am in anything other than 1v1, it gets interrupted and has nothing to do with strategy, it has to do with EVERYONE has to stop attacking and let me grab this guy. I did not see the Warrior's den this week, so I'm glad to hear it is a bug.

Ah that, yeah when get your oponent you cant hold on to them. I think this is entinal. The devs want to bring down ganking. As it stands, your team already get a free hit, if you susccessfuly through your oponent, HL would probably be as bad as centurian in 4v4.

Tyrjo
08-25-2017, 06:30 PM
I understand how to use it 1v1 but when I am in anything other than 1v1, it gets interrupted and has nothing to do with strategy, it has to do with EVERYONE has to stop attacking and let me grab this guy. I did not see the Warrior's den this week, so I'm glad to hear it is a bug.

I think this is just the nature of 4v4. It can be a mess and how many times are people guard broken only for a team mate to hit them out of it?

UbiNoty
08-26-2017, 01:35 AM
Thanks for the feedback! I can bring it up and ask the devs to see if they can review the success of his caber toss after we get some data back. If we see it's overly weak and ineffective we can work on making changes then.

CheekyKemosabe
08-26-2017, 01:47 AM
Ah that, yeah when get your oponent you cant hold on to them. I think this is entinal. The devs want to bring down ganking. As it stands, your team already get a free hit, if you susccessfuly through your oponent, HL would probably be as bad as centurian in 4v4.

I was thinking more comparable to Shugoki's free hugs. He gets to finish the animation while the rest of the team continues to attack with no damage done to shugo. I'd be in favor of this as a small buff to HL. He's pretty well balanced but with all his inconsistencies it'd be nice to have one guaranteed unblock able that can't be interrupted like shugo, or cents stuns, valks sweep, orochis deflect attacks, shinobi's chain, most of lawbies unblock ables (just to name a few, I could go on)

kweassa1
08-26-2017, 02:00 AM
I don't have problems wits its inherent weakness to dodges, but I most certainly think CabToss needs to be categorized along the same lines of Shug Demon's Embrace and Lawbringer Long Arm.

Compared to the risks and difficulty associated with the move, I don't think it should be following the 'anti-stunlock' rules.

Butonfly
08-26-2017, 02:05 AM
I like that teammates will break a caber toss in an outnumbered situation. It means you can't use it to lock an overwhelmed enemy in an animation while they get wailed on excessively. If certain other heroes *cough*centurion*cough* worked like that the game wouldnt have taken such a dramatic dive in season 2.

Moving forward I'd like to see all similar functioning things work the same way.