PDA

View Full Version : Highlander - Accidental Zone Attack - Needs Fixed

GeneraISoIo
08-25-2017, 01:14 PM
Hey all, I'm loving the Highlander but a big thing I noticed with him is that I initiate the zone attack accidentally with him WAY too often. I don't have this problem with other heroes most likely due to not having to hold "RT"(Xbox) after attacks to switch to aggressive mode. When I do a light attack and then immediately go to hold "RT" for aggressive mode, it starts a zone instead. I am hitting "RB" and then "RT" too quickly and it is initiating zone attacks. This really sucks in 4v4 since I usually just end up hitting my own team mates more than the person I am attacking.

andyypandyyy
08-25-2017, 01:17 PM
So THIS is why highlanders hit me WAAAAAAAAY more often than the actual enemy, cant tell you how many times the highlander on my own team has killed me over any other enemy xD

D-d0g56
08-25-2017, 05:38 PM
I actually thought the HLs in my team were being *** hats until I tried him myself. I quickly realised that anything other than top heavy will hit everyone in the team. Between large strikes and lights turning into zone attacks, he doesnt have much control. I recomend people give him a wide birth when they see him.

GeneraISoIo
08-25-2017, 05:52 PM
Yes, the Highlander likes to make himself known to all, including allies. I play in a group most of the time and I hear about it often. HLs need to take extra steps to not hit allies. The giant sword doesn't help. :)

Tyrjo
08-25-2017, 06:32 PM
You can cancel it after the first strike if you manage to see went into the animation.

Alustar.
08-25-2017, 06:36 PM
His team killing potential is typically why I try to flank as much as possible.

UbiInsulin
08-25-2017, 06:39 PM
Thanks for letting us know that this is something you've been experiencing. How often do you guys encounter this issue (either as a Highlander player or as someone who plays alongside them)?

D-d0g56
08-25-2017, 07:42 PM
Thanks for letting us know that this is something you've been experiencing. How often do you guys encounter this issue (either as a Highlander player or as someone who plays alongside them)?

As a HL, it will happen about twice per match. As a team mate at least once per match.

UbiNoty
08-26-2017, 01:07 AM
Also, it will help us if you let us know if you're a PS4 players or PC (M/KB) player and are having any issues with either his ZA or switching stances.

rastassin
08-26-2017, 02:52 AM
Never happened with me on PS4

Butonfly
08-26-2017, 05:47 AM
PS4/4Pro player - I don't accidentally zone any more on the HL than I do on Berserker. It can happen, and possibly more often for people if they're using their inputs to quickly for the glacial pace of the Highlander.

Also hitting allies goes both ways. In an outnumbered fight, you're as likely to get knocked out of an attack by an allie swinging wide when playing HL as the HL is at knocking allies around. In outnumbered situations, timing attacks, re positioning, and using top attacks is just something you've got to do.

CheekyKemosabe
08-26-2017, 05:57 AM
This happens more so with my regular attacks, I try not to zone too often, takes too much stamina. But easily, at least for me, this happens 4-5 times per match. It'll happen if any teammates are anywhere within my swords reach. We won't even be attacking the same person, they could just be nearby attacking someone else and I just happen to whap em and interrupt whatever they were doing. I haven't had any complaints so far but I always feel like a **** when it happens.

like...

"Come at me foe! and let us settle this!" *forward dash attack feint into side attack, effectively knocking my teammate out of a finisher from four feet away*

"****!! sorry dude! that was my bad! that's on me!"

*does it three or more times*

"****!!! I promise I'm not doing this on purpose!"

*accidently kills teammate in the middle of their fight*

"SONOFA*****I'MSO****INGSORRY!!!"

EDIT: Xbox player