PDA

View Full Version : More monuments (and buildings) PLEASE!!!

Swimming-Paul
08-25-2017, 10:48 AM
Since one of the best things about the Anno franchise is the continuous game mode, and those games that can take weeks and weeks while you build a huge metropolis, I was thinking it would be great if we would get more than 2 or 3 big monuments. I think the biggest amount of monuments we got was in Anno 1404, where we could build the Venetian harbour, the Sultanīs Mosque, the Imperial Cathedral, (and maybe the modular imperial palace could be considered a monument, too).

However, why we cannot have even more than that? I was thinking that they are huge challenges that consume a lot of time, management and resources, have a big impact on the looks of our cities, and at the same time they are not SOO demanding from a developement point of view. Itīs just about designing a big, beautiful building (or maybe 3 stages of its development), and they only require different amounts of specific resources.

I was thinking new blueprints could be obtained in different ways, like in special expeditions, or by completing certain side quests, or maybe by reaching a high population level and maybe getting a bonus like "a new architect in your city has developed the following blueprints!". Things like that! The Universal Exhibition building looks amazing in the trailer video, but it would be great if we could get some other things, like maybe a big museum, a cathedral, a university, an opera house, an East India company house, etc... There are just some examples.

Also it would be great to receive more "humble" special blueprints during the game. Iīm thinking of the good old Sim City 4, where early in the game you would receive a bonus which was a "Majorīs House", and other things like that which could be unlocked by completing side quests. It would make the whole game more interesting and specially it would allow us to make more beautiful and diverse-looking cities!

Please!!!

jtg666
08-25-2017, 11:04 AM
I absolutely agree there. I've always believed Anno series were always a "single player" sided game, and, in that line, I think it would be a mandatory effort to give aesthetical deepness to the gameplay. More buildings, more skins, in short, more inmersive elements!

Steinhauzer
08-26-2017, 04:15 PM
Definitely a great idea, and one they might easily implement after release as well in the form of DLC / Expansions.

I'd like to see a great tower-like structure as a monument, sort of like the Eiffel Tower, or maybe a more modern tower of Babel. Gothic cathedrals were designed to appear to reach towards the heavens, and were often the tallest building in sight. So the new class of rich industrialists build monuments to science and engineering, seeking to outdo the church by building even taller and thus displaying their own power. Maybe?

iruet
09-01-2017, 12:07 PM
I've always believed Anno series were always a "single player" sided game

I personally prefer the multiplayer stuff of Anno Online. I agree that more buildings would be nice :)

Arkenophas
09-01-2017, 12:25 PM
I agree too ^^ If they want to follow what happenned in 1800's, there is a lot of monuments who was build in those years, so I thin there will be some of them in ^^

Silence2014954
09-01-2017, 06:02 PM
Hi everyone,

I agree. In 1404 for ex. when we had the cathedral, the mosque, even the venetian build, that was all, and we get them very quick, then only left expansion for expansion.

I want objectives at high level, even if it means reaching to 1 million people to unlock something. The universal building scares me because i'm already wondering what's next ?
Anno 2205, complete, give you 10 or 11 big projects, one on each map, that's awesome.

So I would like to see a kind a big project at EVERY population step. I dont want to pass on level 2 by putting a chapel or a simple church only.

The most important building doesnt have to be the last one to unlock. Your architect idea is great, we could imagine an architect who come to visit our town because we have the universal building. Then he would be impress and will offer his new ideas by seeing it.

I was already thinking, in 1404, for the emperor visit in our lands. He would ask us to build an emperor's little town with specific building, etc... and why not, with esthetical challenge. All of this after cathedral and other usual big things.

By thinking of esthetical, at some point, why care of that? When we need all the place possible. And sometimes its hell to find a space for the last field or whatever.
So we have few options:

- Add esthetical things in the 3x3 or 4x4 house's block. Houses could have space with automatic tree between them, or something else. We could also have like 3 choices for houses, with different things around it.

- 2nd point. How introduce a real esthetical challenge in Anno, forcing us to use every little things we'll have ?

It lead me back to more buildings. If i have to destroy a tree line because its just what i need to put many houses, I'll do it. So at least, if I cant decorate like i want because I need space, i would like more big things.

stylisticsagi
09-01-2017, 10:26 PM
More functionality for ornemental buildigns would also be nice.
Decorating your city with them had up to now no function apart from your own vieuw of the city.

DoomDutch
09-04-2017, 04:28 PM
I'd love to see more monument buildings! In Anno 1404 I liked how the Historical Warehouse gave all your ships a bonus!

DarkStar_Prime
09-05-2017, 11:29 AM
I too would love to see more buildings, more production chains, more ornamental decorations etc.

Karolinger-rus
09-05-2017, 11:46 PM
For example, monuments

UK - Big Ben
Germany - Brandenburg Gate
France - Eiffel Tower or Louvre
Russia - Bolshoi Theatre or Hermitage Museum
Italy - Uffizi
and so on....

Yoj1mb0
09-07-2017, 12:54 AM
Would love to have colour choice on buildings too and more decorative plants.

AgmasGold
09-08-2017, 12:41 AM
I'd rather have less monuments 2070 and 1404-style, than more 2205-style. The "monuments" in 2205, I wouldn't really count as monuments.

In 1701, 1404 and 2070, the monument's effect gave you an incentive and allowed you to put the monument on your island, and potentially build and plan around it. With enough time and effort, you could remove you old city and redesign it with the monument as the focal point of it. Having the Imperial Cathedral or the Sultan's Mosque at the centre of your settlement looks beautiful, and feels very satisfying as it requires a lot of time to redesign and rebuild your city around said monument.

Actually building each monument for the first time was an amazing experience, as each stage of construction gave you a slight idea of what it was going to look like. Then when its finally built, you can look on in awe and see as a whole what took all this time and resources to create.

Yoj1mb0
09-08-2017, 01:04 AM
What will also be cool is if you build a big monument or a number of monuments then that will increase tax revenue by like 3-5% or something. This will give incentive for players to build certain monuments.

Silence2014954
09-08-2017, 01:34 AM
I'd rather have less monuments 2070 and 1404-style, than more 2205-style. The "monuments" in 2205, I wouldn't really count as monuments.

In 1701, 1404 and 2070, the monument's effect gave you an incentive and allowed you to put the monument on your island, and potentially build and plan around it. With enough time and effort, you could remove you old city and redesign it with the monument as the focal point of it. Having the Imperial Cathedral or the Sultan's Mosque at the centre of your settlement looks beautiful, and feels very satisfying as it requires a lot of time to redesign and rebuild your city around said monument.

Actually building each monument for the first time was an amazing experience, as each stage of construction gave you a slight idea of what it was going to look like. Then when its finally built, you can look on in awe and see as a whole what took all this time and resources to create.

Its not really about having tons of monuments, but more having something after the cathedral. I agree with you, redesign the main city around it is a good thing to do, even if, after few games, i let enough space to anticipate the cathedral, and built my city around this empty space.

But after? Even after that redesign part, we have space enough for another towns, 1 or 2, a new cathedral why not, but nothing NEW. Thats my point.

2205 didnt have real monuments but it had objectives for long term. 1 per map. So if we go back to 1 map, maybe, i dont know, but if we, I hope for more after the primary big monuments.

AgmasGold
09-08-2017, 09:59 AM
I just want the monument to be an actual building, unlike in 2205. Something I can actually choose to place and move around and plan around. The sector projects in 2205 I just found a little boring, and I didn't feel a decent sense of accomplishment when completing them. Maybe some combination of both systems would be optimal.