PDA

View Full Version : Parry

Kliftheone
08-25-2017, 10:33 AM
Hi and hello there Ubisoft and the rest of you forum plebs! :)

I was just wondering, I have no footage of said proposition, but, I doubt it has gone unnoticed of the general For Honor community. So while I have had a break from for honor during a longer period in season two due to moving, I came back a few days prior to the season three launch.

So what I`m wondering is if it is intended that people can attack you with normal Heavy's or lights during your parry animation, I mean while I am parrying and have no way to defend myself I can get freely attacked. For me this seems inconsistent, but, it may be due to their timing of their attack. This has happened to me from several characters, and especially Centurion.

I would be glad if some community members that have experienced the same or know why it is like this, and also would be great if Ubisoft (at times funny) moderators could address this topic for me.

I will also add that so far I really enjoy a lot of the changes the Ubi team has made and season three as a whole. /pad Ubisoft`s shoulder.

/Love Klif

CandleInTheDark
08-25-2017, 10:45 AM
Technically anyone can at the very least feint and parry your heavy off of your drawn parry attempt, that is part of the mindgame. For those with faster heavies and lights, if they got in there quick enough, then I would probably say it is intended because they have drawn that moment of vulnerability out of you, and while I can't speak for if it is intended in all of them, for the peacekeeper certainly with her soft cancelling the heavy to a light, that to me feels like deliberate parry bait (or it is how I tend to use that in any case).

Kliftheone
08-25-2017, 10:57 AM
Technically anyone can at the very least feint and parry your heavy off of your drawn parry attempt, that is part of the mind game. For those with faster heavies and lights, if they got in there quick enough, then I would probably say it is intended because they have drawn that moment of vulnerability out of you, and while I can't speak for if it is intended in all of them, for the peacekeeper certainly with her soft cancelling the heavy to a light, that to me feels like deliberate parry bait (or it is how I tend to use that in any case).

I will try to clarify the point I was trying to make, I`m sorry for making it unclear.

I have no issue with there being mind games to faint you in to making a heavy that they can themselves parry or punish you for. My question is regarding when I have successfully parried an incoming attack from my enemy, and while I am in an animation of a parry where I cannot block or parry other attacks due to me being stuck in an animation from parrying the first attack. So during that animation enemy can land ordinary heavys and lights on me.

Draghmar
08-25-2017, 11:20 AM
I will try to clarify the point I was trying to make, I`m sorry for making it unclear.

I have no issue with there being mind games to faint you in to making a heavy that they can themselves parry or punish you for. My question is regarding when I have successfully parried an incoming attack from my enemy, and while I am in an animation of a parry where I cannot block or parry other attacks due to me being stuck in an animation from parrying the first attack. So during that animation enemy can land ordinary heavys and lights on me.
Those shouldn't happen. If you're at parry animation all outside attacks, even if delayed a bit, should be also catch into parry. What could happen was a bug or lag. Or those were not regular attacks but sume UB moves like kick.

Kliftheone
08-25-2017, 11:22 AM
It may, of course, be a lag of sorts, but this is new to me from season three, I have not experienced it in eider season one or two. I know I should have had some footage of this. But, I cba frapsing all the time on my PS4.

Nikaa47
08-25-2017, 12:14 PM
The input lag is a known problem.

Kliftheone
08-25-2017, 12:19 PM
Yeah, I would not react to this if it were not something that is new with this season for me, at least.