PDA

View Full Version : Incoming season 4 samurai fighter

Grivois_Gaulois
08-25-2017, 09:52 AM
Read it could be a ronin, what about him using one or two bokken in tribute to the one and only Miyamoto Musashi, instead of two katanas ?

CheekyKemosabe
08-25-2017, 09:57 AM
Legitimately excited for that character when it comes out, if it ends up being the ronin. Not sure what bokken are but lets hope if it's another dual weapon wielding hero they don't just copy/paste different moves from the vanilla assassins.

Grivois_Gaulois
08-25-2017, 10:09 AM
Legitimately excited for that character when it comes out, if it ends up being the ronin. Not sure what bokken are but lets hope if it's another dual weapon wielding hero they don't just copy/paste different moves from the vanilla assassins.

A bokken is a wooden like katana used for training, ronin not being allowed to legally wear katana anymore. It was the weapon of choice of Musashi whom succeeded in roughly 60 official duels. He was the most famous feodal japan duellist as is nowadays respected like a god still.

CandleInTheDark
08-25-2017, 10:41 AM
That's an interesting idea and fits the culture. I kind of want to be careful over the leak rather than get too excited, especially since sword and axe for the other character (two dual wielders apparently unless the sword and axe is a mash up of one weapon) sounds unlikely, but the leak conversation is four in four right now and there wasn't even a leak picture of the gladiator so it feels more likely than it felt before the highlander and gladiator dropped.

If there is year two content I am going to be careful as I can to avoid leaks >.> lol.

Draghmar
08-25-2017, 10:43 AM
Even though ronin is a great idea I would rather like to get some monk with Bo (or different kind of stick ;)).

Captain-Courage
08-25-2017, 11:45 AM
A bokken is a wooden like katana used for training, ronin not being allowed to legally wear katana anymore. It was the weapon of choice of Musashi whom succeeded in roughly 60 official duels. He was the most famous feodal japan duellist as is nowadays respected like a god still.

Yes but no.
Musashi died more than 200 years prior the Meiji restoration and the following Satsuma rebellion which did put an end to the samurai privileges
Ronins could and did wear katanas (the real symbol of the samurai status is the daisho, Katana + Wakizashi).

matt89connor
08-25-2017, 11:55 AM
Even though ronin is a great idea I would rather like to get some monk with Bo (or different kind of stick ;)).

monk sholud be in this game i approve it

matt89connor
08-25-2017, 11:56 AM
Read it could be a ronin, what about him using one or two bokken in tribute to the one and only Miyamoto Musashi, instead of two katanas ?

i think they should read the miyamoto books for understand the to how create a real dual sword master, i like this idea man ;)

bigboyburnell
08-25-2017, 02:24 PM
I agree because in my opinion ronin would be too similar to berserker ,who again in my opinion are similar in some respects - e.g. doge spin attacks.

S.J.Lannister
08-25-2017, 02:50 PM

The Season 4 Samurai Class is Karate Kid :) And that is the screenshot from Brawl:

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/S/sgp-catalog-images/region_US/sphe-karate_kid_1984-Full-Image_GalleryBackground-en-US-1484348611778._RI_SX940_.jpg

GMG Peter
08-25-2017, 03:45 PM
Oh i did LOVE the musashi story!!

Captain-Courage
08-25-2017, 04:58 PM
The Season 4 Samurai Class is Karate Kid :) And that is the screenshot from Brawl:

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/S/sgp-catalog-images/region_US/sphe-karate_kid_1984-Full-Image_GalleryBackground-en-US-1484348611778._RI_SX940_.jpg

Fighting Spirit Inensifies.
Prepare yourself young lad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICuM2o-Vcms

CandleInTheDark
08-25-2017, 05:05 PM

Goodness, I watched those movies when I was younger than the guy acting in them lol.

Grivois_Gaulois
08-25-2017, 06:26 PM
Here we go again, the trolling meme squad trying to ruin a thread for they can't stand people to mere discuss about something they don't like.

Grow up : you're not the devs team who eventually decide and others have every rights to support suggestions you blatantly hate.

Oh i did LOVE the musashi story!!

You meant Musashi's life indeed, he was for real.

UbiInsulin
08-25-2017, 07:08 PM
Here we go again, the trolling meme squad trying to ruin a thread for they can't stand people to mere discuss about something they don't like.

Grow up : you're not the devs team who eventually decide and others have every rights to support suggestions you blatantly hate.

As far as I can tell, it's all been in good fun so far. I don't think anyone meant to be dismissive of your idea or Draghmar's.

psyminion
08-25-2017, 08:24 PM
I for one am SUPER hyped for season 4s samurai addition.
honestly the entire samurai faction is pretty awesome on their own (imho) so I'm excited to see who is next.

that being said, I too hope it is a dual-sword (not picky as to length) wandering ronin dressed like zatoichi.

make it happen Ubi!

Grivois_Gaulois
08-25-2017, 09:00 PM
As far as I can tell, it's all been in good fun so far. I don't think anyone meant to be dismissive of your idea or Draghmar's.

Not trying to be rude but this is a common trend on steam at least to sink a thread.

I for one am SUPER hyped for season 4s samurai addition.
honestly the entire samurai faction is pretty awesome on their own (imho) so I'm excited to see who is next.

that being said, I too hope it is a dual-sword (not picky as to length) wandering ronin dressed like zatoichi.

make it happen Ubi!

I have to say a Zatoichi inspired char using a cane saber would be great, not sure it would fit the more likely hybrid role though.

psyminion
08-25-2017, 09:36 PM
oh I just mean dressed like zatoichi. big flowing yukata, maybe a huge hat that covers his/her face (gotta have ornaments) but most definitely wielding 2 swords.

UbiNoty
08-26-2017, 12:31 AM
A Ronin sounds like an interesting idea for a new hero! :p

CandleInTheDark
08-26-2017, 12:36 AM
A Ronin sounds like an interesting idea for a new hero! :p

As interesting as a Huntress maybe? (I really need to try and avoid leaks if there is year two content >.>)