PDA

View Full Version : Add "Minion Kills" as a stat to Dominion.

Moondyne_MC
08-25-2017, 12:15 AM
This is for all the homies out there that actually give a damn about Zone B when playing Dominion. They aren't getting their due credit in my opinion, as B is often pivotal in Dominion matches.

Sure you get a very minor amount of renown per minion kill, but nothing in the way of objective points, which usually means they go unrecognised as an important part of the team.

I'd love to see a 4th stat of Minion Kills added to the Dominion scoreboard, or at least somehow merged with the objective score count (although not sure how that'd work). That way that teammate you thought did nothing all match will at least get acknowledgement for helping to hold arguably the most important zone in the game.

CandleInTheDark
08-25-2017, 12:26 AM
If we're going with minion kills, boosting zone is also sharing the same unsung hero status,especially when a conq has 1 objective, 2-5 kills, 0 deaths on his score card (which for me is the perfect heavy game).

Moondyne_MC
08-25-2017, 05:26 AM
Good point, I hadn't considered boosting, although I have mixed feelings about that. Maybe they could merge objective capture, boosting and Minion Kills in to an overall objective score (rather than a single point per capture), something like 100 points per cap, 1 point per 2s for boosting, and 1 point per minion kill.

Those are extremely rough figures of course.

TheTKOShow
08-25-2017, 06:49 AM
You get credit for the caputre of any zone other then the minion zone(mostly b, not always tho)
Would just love the capture be given if you cleared minions to cap b

UbiNoty
08-26-2017, 03:03 AM
We've brought up both the suggestions for minion kills and zone boosting scores as stats previously and I'll remind them once again. I definitely think more stats unrelated to kills would be a good addition as a measure of match contribution, instead of just KDA.

CandleInTheDark
08-26-2017, 03:10 AM
We've brought up both the suggestions for minion kills and zone boosting scores as stats previously and I'll remind them once again. I definitely think more stats unrelated to kills would be a good addition as a measure of match contribution, instead of just KDA.

I think it would help some people see that different characters have different roles.since the perception currently is, even if you have highest renown on the team, if you don't have high kill or objective scores you did nothing for the team. It still wouldn't show everything, like sometimes as an assassin the best play is to stall and tie up the other team, gets you no points but it enables the rest of the team to score elsewhere, but things like that and say the number of trips a valk got that enabled free hits for others are a lot harder to figure ways to code for.