PDA

View Full Version : Neutral - Attacker - Defender Color palettes

BTTrinity
08-24-2017, 12:41 PM
Please Ubi, for the love of god put all color palettes into one category and allow every color to be equipped to every team.... Nobody is paying attention to your outfits color to tell whether or not you're on the team, they're just gonna look at the extremely bright tag sittting over your head... I know the game has bigger problems right now than what this post is about, but it would be a very nice change that everyone will like and shouldnt be to hard to manage. While I know this is highly unlikely to even be seen, big thanks in advance.

Or at least allow neutral color palettes to be equipped in both attacker and defender <3

CoyoteXStarrk
08-24-2017, 01:02 PM
Yeah thats not gonna happen.

Colors that look like red? Yes.

Colors like look like blue? Yes.

Colors that look like everything under the sun? Nope.

DrinkinMyStella
08-24-2017, 01:06 PM
I agree I really want to rock the full blacked out look but its only available for use in 1v1

BTTrinity
08-24-2017, 01:11 PM
Yeah thats not gonna happen.

Colors that look like red? Yes.

Colors like look like blue? Yes.

Colors that look like everything under the sun? Nope.

I'm confused, what are you getting at

CoyoteXStarrk
08-24-2017, 01:14 PM
I'm confused, what are you getting at

I'm getting at so long as a the main color of the pallete in question is vaguely blue or vaguely red then its fine.

If the main color is a black or dark color hard to distinguish then its not gonna happen.

So long as classes like PK and Shinobi can stealth then colors are the only thing we have to go by and thats not gonna change.

BTTrinity
08-24-2017, 01:21 PM
I'm getting at so long as a the main color of the pallete in question is vaguely blue or vaguely red then its fine.

If the main color is a black or dark color hard to distinguish then its not gonna happen.

So long as classes like PK and Shinobi can stealth then colors are the only thing we have to go by and thats not gonna change.

I see, good point.

I just wanna be able to wear my Emerald Crystal mythic outfit on my Nobushi in 4v4's lmao. It sucks I spent 15K to look like an Idiot in 4v4's wearing an emerald green tiara with a pink/red coat. :(

Draghmar
08-24-2017, 02:04 PM
Doesn't it only work for enemy PK? So if you see PK with tag then it's your teammate and without it's opponent?
Because if it would work that way they would literally no reason to have different color per team. And to be honest even if wouldn't I still don't look at PK's colors...just try to lock on her or look if she charges at me...

Kaijudub
08-24-2017, 02:23 PM
Wouldn't it be nice if you could create your own 3 colour templates and you unlocked single colours to add instead of horrible pre made ones...?

Some of the available colour ways are just ewwwwwww.

Stahlrusse
08-24-2017, 05:08 PM
What does it mean "look like red"? Either it is red or not. If you mean something along the lines of orange, ok. But there is even a full yellow color in the attack section, so that is not a valid argument. There is even a full green color in the defender section. There are colors mixed with blue or red that are neither in the attack nor in the defender section.

So for me it looks like there is not a real pattern there to begin with.

Stahlrusse
08-24-2017, 05:11 PM
Wouldn't it be nice if you could create your own 3 colour templates and you unlocked single colours to add instead of horrible pre made ones...?

Some of the available colour ways are just ewwwwwww.

Yes, people should be able to customize their colors. A full color setting is made of 3 colors. So there should be a restriction that for a defender the color setting has to include at least one blue color and one red color for the attacker. That would be a good compromise in my book.

Kaijudub
08-24-2017, 05:15 PM
Yes, people should be able to customize their colors. A full color setting is made of 3 colors. So there should be a restriction that for a defender the color setting has to include at least one blue color and one red color for the attacker. That would be a good compromise in my book.

yup and then in the neutral you can use any of them.

Should've, could've, didn't.

BTTrinity
08-24-2017, 07:20 PM
Doesn't it only work for enemy PK? So if you see PK with tag then it's your teammate and without it's opponent?
Because if it would work that way they would literally no reason to have different color per team. And to be honest even if wouldn't I still don't look at PK's colors...just try to lock on her or look if she charges at me...

You're correct, so if you dont see a tag... its an enemy.

BTTrinity
08-24-2017, 07:22 PM
yup and then in the neutral you can use any of them.

Should've, could've, didn't.

I mean, they still can.. >.> Buuuuut were talking about Ubi

UbiInsulin
08-24-2017, 08:21 PM
I don't know of any plans to make more colors available at this time, but I'll let the team know that you guys would like to see more options outside of Duel.

@BTTrinity, I'm not sure if completely free color choice is something we'd consider as it could cause confusion. I'm curious what other people might think of that suggestion. :)

RealJayDee1984
08-24-2017, 10:47 PM

Depending on wether he's Defender or Attacker one of my Centurions has two thin purple or orange lines on his cape, and a pretty small portion of his armor (above his belly) is also purple or orange. Otherwise he's pretty much all 'dark', and especially in the variant with purple I don't think it's too easy to see his allegiance without the help of the tags when in motion. You can get creative with taking certain combinations of colours, pattern and gear to get as neutral as possible in 4x4. I usually try to make one build of every hero I have on Rep1+ as neutral/dark as possible, just as I try to make one as flamboyant as I can manage to. :rolleyes:

If you see some assassin character sneaking around and they are on your team you see that they are on your team, and otherwise you know they're not. Don't think colours play too big a role in that. I feel the clear restrictions as they are now would only really make sense or be of consequence in a game mode without the minimap and/or tags.

BTTrinity
08-25-2017, 04:16 PM
I don't know of any plans to make more colors available at this time, but I'll let the team know that you guys would like to see more options outside of Duel.

@BTTrinity, I'm not sure if completely free color choice is something we'd consider as it could cause confusion. I'm curious what other people might think of that suggestion. :)

I'm glad were being heard out, most of us came to the conclusion we never pay attention to colors in fights, its always the bright icon above someones head that we pay attention to, if theres no icon then that means its an enemy using stealth. I dont think free color would cause much confusion, if not any.

BTTrinity
08-25-2017, 04:21 PM
Depending on wether he's Defender or Attacker one of my Centurions has two thin purple or orange lines on his cape, and a pretty small portion of his armor (above his belly) is also purple or orange. Otherwise he's pretty much all 'dark', and especially in the variant with purple I don't think it's too easy to see his allegiance without the help of the tags when in motion. You can get creative with taking certain combinations of colours, pattern and gear to get as neutral as possible in 4x4. I usually try to make one build of every hero I have on Rep1+ as neutral/dark as possible, just as I try to make one as flamboyant as I can manage to. :rolleyes:

If you see some assassin character sneaking around and they are on your team you see that they are on your team, and otherwise you know they're not. Don't think colours play too big a role in that. I feel the clear restrictions as they are now would only really make sense or be of consequence in a game mode without the minimap and/or tags.

Well, even if a teammate is using stealth... friendlies will still see the icon above their head, just not enemies.

BTTrinity
08-25-2017, 04:30 PM

I feel like I can word what I said a bit better..

Most of us came to the conclusion we never pay attention to colors in fights, its always the bright icon above someones head that we pay attention to. If a teammate is using stealth, his team will still see an icon above his head right? If so, then there shouldnt be any confusion, if theres no tag above someones head then that means its an enemy using stealth.

In my 200 hours of playing, Ive never once relied on colors to indicate whos a friendly or not. Always the tags

Stahlrusse
08-25-2017, 06:27 PM

You could restrict colors for defenders or attackers. Defenders may not have a red color in their color setting and attackers may not have a blue one. Still, defenders HAVE to have a blue one and attackers HAVE to have a red one. The other two colors are for the user to choose, also except red or blue, depending which side the player is on.

BTTrinity
08-25-2017, 11:51 PM
You could restrict colors for defenders or attackers. Defenders may not have a red color in their color setting and attackers may not have a blue one. Still, defenders HAVE to have a blue one and attackers HAVE to have a red one. The other two colors are for the user to choose, also except red or blue, depending which side the player is on.

I like this idea

UbiNoty
08-26-2017, 12:13 AM
I believe we changed it so that most of the neutral palettes were made available as either defender/attacker based on the colors in the palette. While there were a few that we kept as strictly neutral since they did not have any semblance of attacker/defender tones, most of them should be available for use.

If there is a specific color palette you're trying to use and it's not available as an att/def option, please let me know so I can pass it over to the team.

SenBotsu893
08-26-2017, 01:11 AM
the color palette makes sense from a team gameplaymode standpoint. i mean teamfortess and halo make it a red vs blue with good reason. it makes it easy to recognice friendly/enemy players withing the shortes possible timeframe.

BTTrinity
08-26-2017, 07:52 PM
I believe we changed it so that most of the neutral palettes were made available as either defender/attacker based on the colors in the palette. While there were a few that we kept as strictly neutral since they did not have any semblance of attacker/defender tones, most of them should be available for use.

If there is a specific color palette you're trying to use and it's not available as an att/def option, please let me know so I can pass it over to the team.

This does not seem to be the case, for Nobushi at least.... I have every outfit for her and none of the palettes can be used outside of duels.