PDA

View Full Version : Newbie questions

dmcland72
04-27-2004, 07:18 AM
Okay just bought and installed IL2 Gold Pack (with aces expansion) and have a few basic questions:

1. Not all the planes and missions shown are actually available to play? (i.e. spit and 2nd P51 mission?)

2. Was trying to play online and it said I need to be version 2.0 and I was 1.22 (applied the 1.22 patch) don't see any 2.0 update?

3. After installing the aces expansion pack I noticed that the Hurricane appears under USSR as a mission?

thanks in advance for any information

dmcland72
04-27-2004, 07:18 AM
Okay just bought and installed IL2 Gold Pack (with aces expansion) and have a few basic questions:

1. Not all the planes and missions shown are actually available to play? (i.e. spit and 2nd P51 mission?)

2. Was trying to play online and it said I need to be version 2.0 and I was 1.22 (applied the 1.22 patch) don't see any 2.0 update?

3. After installing the aces expansion pack I noticed that the Hurricane appears under USSR as a mission?

thanks in advance for any information

VW-IceFire
04-27-2004, 07:24 AM
Ok...installing the 1.22 patch was bad.

Uninstall the game and clear it all out. Then reinstall and forget about the patch. The 1.22 patch was for Forgotten Battles (which started at 1.0 and moved to 1.22). Ace expansion pack, which is part of the Forgotten Battles Gold Package, is considered 2.0. So you have downgraded your game...

The problems with missions and aircraft availability are caused by that downgrade remvoing data files.

The Hurricane was used by the Russians as part of the Lend Lease agreement (also why the Russians had P-39's, P-40's, P-47's, Spitfire's, and a number of other Allied types). With exception of the P-39, they didn't like many of them but they were used to effect anyways...

http://home.cogeco.ca/~cczerneda/sigs/tmv-sig1.jpg
RCAF 412 Falcon Squadron - "Swift to Avenge"

dmcland72
04-27-2004, 07:48 AM
Okay thanks VW, from reading a few other posts I thought that might be the problem. I will uninstall everything tonight and reinstall FB and then AEP.