PDA

View Full Version : Highlander vs Minions is the stupidest thing I have ever seen

CoyoteXStarrk
08-24-2017, 10:45 AM
How in the CRAP can I walk into a SEA of minions and swing my NINE FOOT GREATSWORD and only kill the ones that are TOUCHING ME

Its INFURIATING

I go to B and try to clear out minions because you would THINK that the Highlander would be a BEAST at that and I am ONLY killing the ones I hit with the first 3ft of my sword.

Beyond that my sword just phases through the enemies.

How was this not caught in testing? I mean its one of the most BASIC things a hero does.

SlashingElbow
08-24-2017, 01:13 PM
I agree on that one. Love the beastlander but what was that? Standing in the middle of a bunch of minions and swinging your big sword and only kill about 3 minions lol

CoyoteXStarrk
08-24-2017, 01:21 PM
i agree on that one. Love the beastlander but what was that? Standing in the middle of a bunch of minions and swinging your big sword and only kill about 3 minions lol

exactly

Draghmar
08-24-2017, 02:01 PM
Yeah it's really funny. I found that second heavy swing from standing does kill many minions. But that is only one attack. All others kill at most two!

k3rr3k
08-24-2017, 02:07 PM
You think with their constant blunders they would have decent players playtest the new classes. Highlander is ****ing awful against anyone with a fast attack, the only useful move for clearing minions is the zone which for some reason always targets that 1 guy by himself off to the side, and Highlanders combos whiff randomly for no reason.

What the **** Ubisoft? How do you **** everything up constantly? I play lots of fighting games and this is the only one that actually makes me mad. I want to physically assault whoever makes these decisions.

Othiion
08-24-2017, 02:09 PM
It might be stupid that you can't mow down the minions with that giant claymore.. but I feel sorry for those minions when you use the lights on them. That poor poor minion that you just man handle and toss aside like he's a sack of potatoes.. he was just 2 days away from retirement.

T_Sesh
08-24-2017, 02:36 PM
I find the zone attack to be pretty effective at clearing the minions, but yeah his sprinting attacks and is standing heavies are kind of broken.

We.the.North
08-24-2017, 02:57 PM
The Highlander is in a good place right now in both Duel and Dominion. He's not "bad", and he's not "Godly".

Thus, I wouldn't even be mad if Ubisoft Buffed him to clear a full minion wave in the 3 swing of his zone attack or at least made his regular hit kill more than 1 minion at a time. It would actually be an awesome sigh to behold.

I dont play Highlander and fully endorse buffing his minion clearing ability.

Stahlrusse
08-24-2017, 03:49 PM
Yes, his sprint attack clearing minions ability is a big joke but now we have laughed enough and want to have the real thing.

OneVikingArmy
08-24-2017, 03:52 PM
His sprint attack and zone as well need fixes

UbiNoty
08-25-2017, 12:50 AM
I guess in terms of balance, it's fair - but in terms of visual satisfaction, it does feel like at least 10 of them should be sent flying.
I'll bring it up as feedback, but I wouldn't bank on us giving him a minion advantage solely due to the size of his sword.

Vakris_One
08-25-2017, 01:43 AM
I guess in terms of balance, it's fair - but in terms of visual satisfaction, it does feel like at least 10 of them should be sent flying.
I'll bring it up as feedback, but I wouldn't bank on us giving him a minion advantage solely due to the size of his sword.
Just make sure the devs double check the Highlander sword's collision detection and that it is being applied down the length of the entire blade including the tip. Making sure that the upper half of the sword (from middle up towards the tip) isn't just phasing harmlessy through minions.

His reach against minions should be the same or close to Kensei's reach. The Kensei for example can topple a whole row of 3 to 4 minions with a single heavy swipe if they are packed in close enough around his swing from the right. By comparison the same heavy swing from the right by the Highlander only hits 2 to 3 minions at best even when the minions are perfectly grouped together.

Also, please ask them to take a close look at the tracking on the Highlander's full zone attack and his second, comboed, heavy against minions. Once he hits the first minion his next attack then sometimes veers off and away from the next closest minion and often times ends up hitting nothing but air. It's frustrating to initiate the Highlander's zone attack close to a group of minions only to watch him veer off into empty space after the first hit abd completely miss most of the perfectly clumped together minions.

Thank you kindly UbiNoty.

Vordred
08-25-2017, 01:59 AM
I noticed this too when you do your running attack, the first swing regularly killed one guy and just passes through the rest. the second swing tends to be a bit better. the zone is also very inconsistent too.

in fact that's my general impression of the HL, very inconsistent over all

CoyoteXStarrk
08-25-2017, 02:14 AM

Well then other Heroes need to be nerfed and/or adjusted to compensate.

The Shinobi goes in swing his chains and kills a dozen in 2 swings.

The Raider gets kills with his axe even if its only the hilt that hits them.

My Beserker's zone kills people that the axes don't even touch.

The LawBringer on his heavy attack after a light can clear out an ENTIRE swath of minions in a single swing.

The Conqueror can sit in his zone as a dozen minions blindly walk into his swings

The Warden who has a MUCH smaller sword can clear out an entire wave after just a few heavy combos.

But a 9ft Claymore only kills 2 people at a time?

I am not asking that the HIghlander be the god of killing minions, but at the very LEAST make him even with the rest of the cast.

UbiNoty
08-25-2017, 03:19 AM
Oh. So i never usually pay much attention when I'm just mindlessly clearing minions, but if that actually is the case, and HL is lacking in this aspect relative to others, I will ask the team for some insight.

CoyoteXStarrk
08-25-2017, 03:21 AM
Also just to be clear its not just a visual thing.

Just got done with a match and you can tell that some swings are not connecting properly as other people in this thread have pointed out.

Specifically his running Heavy. The first blow only ever hits 1 MAYBE 2 people, but the second swing which is literally the same type of swing as the first does FAR more damage. So someone is clearly up with the hit box on that move.

Again we arenn't wanting him to be god mode minion slayer. We are just asking that he be made viable. As it stands he kills the least amount of minions in the game aside from the PK and yet he has the BIGGEST weapon.

Oh. So i never usually pay much attention when I'm just mindlessly clearing minions, but if that actually is the case, and HL is lacking in this aspect relative to others, I will ask the team for some insight.

Yes exactly! Thank you.

I think once the team actually sees how ineffective he is against minions they will see the need for adjustments.

ChampionRuby50g
08-25-2017, 03:37 AM
I agree that the swing should at least take out 2-3 more minions on its swing. When the same area of the claymore can touch friendly's at range but not minions, it isn't pleasing.

CoyoteXStarrk
08-25-2017, 03:40 AM
I agree that the swing should at least take out 2-3 more minions on its swing. When the same area of the claymore can touch friendly's at range but not minions, it isn't pleasing.

Yeah thats not the point of this thread, but god do I HATE using him in tight areas while group fights are breaking out.

"HEY GUYS I'M HELPING!!!"

*Proceed to hit all of my teammates out of their combos*

SwellChemosabe
08-25-2017, 03:52 AM
Ya'll should have seen the look on my face the first time I played dominion with highlander.

charging out like "aaaaaAAAAWWWW YYYEEEAAAAHHHH LETS GET IT!!!" run straight for the minions to watch em fly like candy bashed out of a piņata.

*uses sprint attak*

.......welllllll **** me......that's no good.....

CoyoteXStarrk
08-25-2017, 04:08 AM
Ya'll should have seen the look on my face the first time I played dominion with highlander.

charging out like "aaaaaAAAAWWWW YYYEEEAAAAHHHH LETS GET IT!!!" run straight for the minions to watch em fly like candy bashed out of a piņata.

*uses sprint attak*

.......welllllll **** me......that's no good.....

Yeahs it is sad that his BEST minion clearing move is his light attacks simply because his Zone veers WILDLY off target after the first swing and then his heavies don't seem to be consistent at all in the number of people they kill.

Butonfly
08-25-2017, 05:55 AM
Clearing Minions was wonky for me at first with Highlander, and some adjustments could be made. However, I love his ability to clear minions. Super easy, super fast (and I come from a Berserker background who's best form is reverse zone).

Sprint to minions.
Stop sprinting.
If positioning is good, and minions are thick, use a zone.
Regenerate stamina (it's super fast is traited)
Use Heavy/Heavy combo
DO NOT USE LIGHT

Two Heavies chained clears a ton of guys on each swing. Using the zone in the right place under the right circumstance can clear just about the entire field.

The sprinting heavy could do with a change.