PDA

View Full Version : So slow ... WHEN IS ?

Trenk2009
08-24-2017, 09:23 AM
When is the Centruion going to be nerfed?

When is the Duel ranked mode going to be introduced?

When is the Highlander GB bug gonna be fixed?

When is the "unable to parry" feature when oos or when against a revenge, with reasonable changes about unblockable attacks, going to be added?

When is the "Cent punch still making fall when under revenge" bug going to be fixed ?

When is revenge gain going to be looked at more deeply to be effective?

When is the Conqueror going to be reworked to be less boring?

When is the zone attack flicker glitch fix going to be released?

When is the Orochi going to be viable at higher skill levels?

pimmas01
08-24-2017, 09:48 AM
im curious, what's the highlander bug? it's been mentioned many times. is it the lack of GB after parry? or no heavy on GB? or both?

CandleInTheDark
08-24-2017, 12:08 PM
They have said that they are looking at him, they need to fix him in 4v4 without making him trash tier in 1v1 where he absolutely isn't op (not played a single fight as him before centurion main accusations fly) EDIT as of last Den feint cost for heavies and charged heavies will be doubled next thursday, that update also fixes the knock down in revenge bug and some unlock tech.

They said check the Den this week for the latest update. They said this on the Den last week. EDIT as of last Den, no ETA yet, it is top priority to fix bugs they found at the last minute.We will know more when they know more.

Don't know anything about the highlander bug. EDIT after Draghmar's reply, they acknowledge there is a bug, they are working on it, they said this on the Den last week. EDIT as of last Den, next thursday.

When is the "unable to parry" feature when oos or when against a revenge, with reasonable changes about unblockable attacks, going to be added?
Never (probably, as close to never as I am ever comfortable saying never), people didn't like it, including the people who it benefited. They said this on the Den last week.

When is the "Cent punch still making fall when under revenge" bug going to be fixed ?
They acknowledge it is a bug, they are working on it. They said this on the Den a few weeks ago. EDIT as of last Den, next thursday.

They already buffed revenge gain and they are looking at a gear stats overhaul in season 4 if I remember their roadmap talk, on the Den, correctly.

Priorities go to balance as a whole then they will look at making kits more interesting. They said this on the Den a while back (anyone seeing a pattern here?).

When they have worked out a few kinks in how it affects the fight logic of a few characters. They said this on the Den last week.

When people learn to use his whole kit as a counter attacker with high risk high reward burst damage rather than insisting that a counter attacker needs safe openers. Hhhmmm got to the Hero Series finals with orochi and lost basically to exploiters and a bug where he fell over on uneven ground after countering a guardbreak.

Here is the thing though, most of what you asked you are asking like they don't talk to us. You want to know what is going on? The Warrior's Den is a good place to find out.

Draghmar
08-24-2017, 12:12 PM
Don't know anything about the highlander bug.
I think he is referring to the bug that makes HL's GB very short ranged when used very fast. Ubi acknowledge it on the stream.

CandleInTheDark
08-24-2017, 12:14 PM
I think he is referring to the bug that makes HL's GB very short ranged when used very fast. Ubi acknowledge it on the stream.

Ah, so that is my own thing missed from the Den >.> lol.

T_Sesh
08-24-2017, 02:46 PM
When people learn to use his whole kit as a counter attacker with high risk high reward burst damage rather than insisting that a counter attacker needs safe openers. Hhhmmm got to the Hero Series finals with orochi and lost basically to exploiters and a bug where he fell over on uneven ground after countering a guardbreak.

While I agree with what you say in theory, the problem is that a counter attacker needs attacks to counter - if you're fighting a Warlord for instance, that becomes a problem as they almost never initiate because they know they have the upper hand in that regard. Its a problem with the defensive meta and high level play in general, the only things making Orochi even a little viable are his quick zone attacks and his top lights. The entirety of the rest of his kit is made worthless against a turtle, which makes him extremely predictable.

That all said, Orochi can wreck shop in dominion, where there's more time pressure to capture zones and therefore actually encourage attacking and allowing him to make full use of his kit more regularly.

Tyrjo
08-24-2017, 04:57 PM
While I agree with what you say in theory, the problem is that a counter attacker needs attacks to counter - if you're fighting a Warlord for instance, that becomes a problem as they almost never initiate because they know they have the upper hand in that regard. Its a problem with the defensive meta and high level play in general, the only things making Orochi even a little viable are his quick zone attacks and his top lights. The entirety of the rest of his kit is made worthless against a turtle, which makes him extremely predictable.

I'd say Orochi is in a good spot at the moment. We have all seen Rikuto play Orochi and it is pretty clear that Orochi is viable at higher skill levels. The match up you are mentioning is an inherently weak match up for Orochi. That is just how it is in fighting games, some match ups are favored and some are unfavored.

CandleInTheDark
08-24-2017, 06:30 PM

That all said, Orochi can wreck shop in dominion, where there's more time pressure to capture zones and therefore actually encourage attacking and allowing him to make full use of his kit more regularly.

Honestly I don't think any counter attacker should have safe openers and should have high rewards for reading and punishing the opponent, which is easy for a peacekeeper main to say, I know, I include her in that, orochi is kind of where I think she needs to be closer to than the other way around, I would have rather they slowed her lights before they touched anything else and kind of think she needs an all around rework.

That being said, yeah they do need to push through a few more things to help with the defensive meta.

UbiNoty
08-25-2017, 12:36 AM

We're still working on getting the Ranked Duel bug fixed. I'm sorry we still don't have a solid ETA for you all, but it's our biggest priority right now and we are doing our utmost to keep you all updated regularly on its progress.

The parrying and OOS changes you saw in the PT were never meant to be final - we heard and received a ton of feedback, and we want to make some changes and try out some things we think will be better based on the feedback we got. So its looking like we're going to utilize another PT to test the new changes. We want to provide the optimal solution, and we felt that the OOS-parry changes were not necessarily the best answer to the problem, which is why we made this decision.

A lot of the other hero-specific balance changes I don't have as much information on, and any revenge changes you'll likely see with the parry/OOS changes in the PT.

I'm sorry that sometimes it can feel our response and turnaround rates can be slow relative to our announcements about it. But it's an unfortunate consequence of our efforts to be as transparent as possible. We want to share with you all all of the ideas we have for changes and improvements as soon as we start working on them, but not everything is a quick fix or an easy idea to implement. So then when we take longer than you all expect, it definitely always comes back around to bite us in the backside.

We want to continue to communicate openly with you all, but also please be understanding that things take time. And we'll do our best to deliver on everything we promised.

Alustar.
08-25-2017, 02:09 AM

The reason for this is because warlord is likewise a counter-attacker