PDA

View Full Version : This keeps happening with me and I don't know why... Please stop doing this.

Mighty_Mackerel
08-23-2017, 10:06 PM
Several times lately I've been placed on a team in Dominion that will just camp on the zone closest to their spawn while they just let the enemy team have the other two zones.
Every time I go to capture them I get murdered because the rest of my team refuses to join me. Even when the enemy team is just racking up points and they're ahead by at least four thousand points, my team refuses to get off the one zone they've decided to take a dump on apparently.

Stop doing this. How do you expect to win if you're too afraid to go out and capture zones?

Moondyne_MC
08-23-2017, 10:44 PM
Ugh, this has been happening constantly for me lately. I don't know if it's the influx of new players or what, but I'm going entire games of Dominion without ever seeing my teammates.

Had an instance not too long ago where we were breaking because the team had sat on one zone all match. I ran back to help them out, the high zone on River Fort with the narrow bridge leading out. 3 enemies coming towards us on the bridge, 3 of us. I make the first push to engage, hold them off for a few moments and.. nothing. Team sat there and watched me die, then proceeded to let all 3 of them in to the zone without a fight.

UbiNoty
08-23-2017, 10:55 PM
Thanks for letting us know! I'll bring up this new zone-camping strategy to the team and see how they'd like to approach the problem.

Mighty_Mackerel
08-24-2017, 09:32 AM
Ugh, this has been happening constantly for me lately. I don't know if it's the influx of new players or what, but I'm going entire games of Dominion without ever seeing my teammates.

Had an instance not too long ago where we were breaking because the team had sat on one zone all match. I ran back to help them out, the high zone on River Fort with the narrow bridge leading out. 3 enemies coming towards us on the bridge, 3 of us. I make the first push to engage, hold them off for a few moments and.. nothing. Team sat there and watched me die, then proceeded to let all 3 of them in to the zone without a fight.

Right!? Like what is the deal with these players!?

Thanks for letting us know! I'll bring up this new zone-camping strategy to the team and see how they'd like to approach the problem.

Thanks for your input, UbiNoty, but honestly I don't think there's anything that can be done about it on your part, it's just a bad habit among the player base that seems to happen more often than it should, which is why I've made this thread in the general discussion to essentially tell these players to cut that crap out.

Manlorey
08-24-2017, 09:43 AM
Thanks for your input, UbiNoty, but honestly I don't think there's anything that can be done about it on your part, it's just a bad habit among the player base that seems to happen more often than it should, which is why I've made this thread in the general discussion to essentially tell these players to cut that crap out.
Agree with you there, if they choose to camp on one point it's their decision, depending on the situation on the battlefield it can be a stupid one. But the team must live with the consequences.

Othiion
08-24-2017, 02:01 PM
If it was a Conqueror or a Lawbringer I'd probably forgive them. Considering they're turtles and they're more meant to stay on a point. But that's just me.

T_Sesh
08-24-2017, 02:23 PM
If it was a Conqueror or a Lawbringer I'd probably forgive them. Considering they're turtles and they're more meant to stay on a point. But that's just me.

The thing is, staying on a point is almost always inferior to helping the rest of your team capture the other two points. The best and most consistent way to win is to deny the other team points, and that is difficult to do when on or two of your team mates are staying behind while the entire enemy team comes bearing down on your two or three that actually moved up. Yeah, you can deny someone trying to come and take the point, but in the meantime you're just standing around doing nothing, earning very few points that are ultimately are meaningless if the enemy team captures the other two points. And if you die defending it? All the more time wasted. I'm not saying you need to run in a 4 man gank squad the entire match, but if your team is making a push on a point, it is best to have a numerical advantage.

Boosting is really only helpful at the end of a match to secure a clutch win when the scores are close.

UbiNoty
08-25-2017, 01:06 AM
Right!? Like what is the deal with these players!?

Well, while it's likely a problem born out of the combination of players not coordinating effectively in dominion or a lack of dominion strategy - if teams are finding that they can gain an unfair advantage and win by employing this kind of underhanded strategy, then that tells us that we need to make more of an effort to find ways to help players learn how to optimize their dominion experience. And it also lets us know that there's potentially a fundamental problem with either zone-capping, or how the zone mechanisms work - and we'd need to look into new and creative solutions to address it.

So its definitely a tricky problem to approach, and it'll require cooperation and effort on both sides. But I believe there's usually always something we can do about anything. :)