PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion for anno 1800 townsmen advancing.

thelord123456
08-23-2017, 08:01 PM
Just a suggestion

I have an idea which would be new, but it could pay off if used correctly. I believe there should be a two path civllian promotion system: one countryside, one city. You would begin at peasant, then worker before reaching citizen, it then splits into two, the countryside ranking after would be: land owner, squire and finally aristocrat, while the city would be lower class (Same level as (citizen) middle class, upper class and nobleman. To unlock country or city marketplace, you would have to have a certain type of resource before clicking an upgrade to button. The countryside marketplace would allow buildings such as plantations, large farms and maybe industrial farms. You could also be able to place small factories. While cities would have large factories, luxary goods buildings and small farms and plantations. This is a basic idea of how it would work:

1. Peasant - Unlocks basic buildings and peasants cottage

2. Worker - Unlock more basic buildings and workers cottage

3. Citizen - Unlocks basic factories, stone roads and medium plantations, farms and small detached house

3. Lower class (City) - Unlocks terraced houses, medium factories and cobble streets plus basic city buildings

4. Land owner (Countryside) - Unlocks country roads, basic countryside buildings, raw luxary goods and detached house

4. Middle class (City) - Unlocks town house and luxary good stores

5. Squire (Countryside) - Unlocks estate, large farms and plantations

5. Upper class (City) - Unlocks Urban mansion, armouries, weapon makers and millitary camps

6. Aristrocrat (Countryside) - Unlocks rest of the countryside buildings plus royal residence

6. Nobleman (City) - Unlocks macdam roads, rest of city upgrades and royal palace

If anyone has any suggestions or opinions on this suggestion please tell me.

VDluger
08-23-2017, 10:21 PM
I like the way you thought this through! Seems very cool. Hopefully it is not too advanced for the "regular" Anno player.

TumbleOwlee
08-24-2017, 12:36 AM
Don't want to destroy the idea because Anno can't be too complex, especially after Anno 2205 (yeah, sry for this statement). But if I'm fully understanding your idea, it would only mean that I have to create and maintain two "cities" like in the gameplay of Anno 1404 with the difference that the normal civilization and the normads (of 1404) share the first two steps (Peasant and Workers).

But if you allow me to add one idea: First of all add something like "happyness" which every citizen needs to be able to upgrade. And then create your two classes "countryside" and "city" with different functions to calculate "happyness". For example: Every city house needs at least x other city houses in a specific but small area around it. Every countryside house needs at most y other houses around it, else the happyness decreases. The decrease has to be some negativ natural logarithm, so that it decreases hard.

With this addition you have to create the typical city and countryside view with the big city and the small villages spread over the island. But something like that can only get into the game if bluebyte has already done something like this. One year until release isn't that much. And I think this would change a lot of the underlying system.

I hope we can get soon more information about the current state of the game and the current mechanics. Then we can make suggestion to get the current game on the right track.

thelord123456
08-24-2017, 11:25 AM
I understand that a dual marketplace would take alot of effort to be made, but look at anno 2070 with the eco and anti-eco buildings and designs, it probably is possible to make a revamped version of it.

CyrusCog
08-25-2017, 12:54 PM
I'd like the idea of having different Civilian building types since those buildings indicates the current working classes.
In Anno 2070 a new society emerge with their own needs, cultural, science and that made the game a bit harder in sense of construction building, satisfaction etc.

I think the solution is to create District Center.
The role of District Center is to provide happiness, culture & security to near by houses.
Happiness, culture & security can provided by building the corresponded building next to District Center.

As the game advances and new civilian classes became available, new related District Center are available.
Each District Center requires related social buildings in order to provide happiness, culture & security to near by houses and allow them to upgrade to next civilian class.

diegovilaga
08-30-2017, 08:04 PM
I love the idea of the two path development. It is historically true that there where different classes and that there is not he same to be in the path of the bourgeois which developed through the commerce and industry, and a second path given by the old aristocrats from the late middle ages. Giving them different needs while sharing some common as food or drinking. In this case we could greatly developed two lines and this could make richer and more interesting the game itself.

Having a 5th level of civilization instead of only four could also give great difference and make things more complex. As I talked in another post, not only acquiring resources but beautifying the settlement, bringing tourists, bringing exotic goods from afar and others.

VinnieVE
08-31-2017, 12:12 PM
Aristocrats weren't as important in 1800 as in let's say 1701. Capitalists would be a better term. But I like your idea of urbanized vs countryside. However creating 2 distinct 'trees' seems like a bad idea. Perhaps there's one tree (Peasants->Workers->Employees->Capitalists) with the classical needs ( Fish, clothig, alcohol, potatoes, chapel, opera, electricity etc) but different types (Rural->Semi-urban->Urban) which require more investments in infrastructures (Markets, trainstations, better roads, public transport etc). Basicly you would have a vertically expanding city by advancing in classes and attracting the elite and a horizontal expansion by creating more dense areas.'Urbanized' houses will be able to house more people.

DoomDutch
09-04-2017, 04:38 PM
I like the idea! It isn't that different from Anno 1404 with the Orrient and Occident. (Heck, Anno 2070 had three (Eco, Tycoon and Tech, so this shouldn't be a big problem at all to implement!)