PDA

View Full Version : shoguki needs a buff

OneLaw4you
08-23-2017, 05:22 PM
with all these unblockable spamming classes (centurion, highlander, gladiatior, valk) its almost impossible to win against them because of how slow shoguki side/back steps. either make him immune to unblockables or nerf them. don't try and bring in pro play because ill also tell you a shugoki only won 1 tourny by run spamming

SplugeKing
08-23-2017, 05:25 PM
Lol. His hyper armour eats unblockables. Take a heavy, GB into wall demons embrace, gain health back while taking opponents. No he doesn't need a buff

OneLaw4you
08-23-2017, 05:28 PM
use him as against one of those I mentioned lemme know how that works out u. also you should know you cant guard break when they attack right after their unblockables

S0Mi_xD
08-23-2017, 05:36 PM
Shugoki is pretty good, the only thing he really needs, is his oni charge to actually have an effect except just poking your enemy abit...

Gladiator, Highlander, Valk no problem with shugoki - centurion is a different case but thats not a shugoki-only problem.

SplugeKing
08-23-2017, 05:41 PM
Don't care to play him. The kensei is the only character that has a fast enough recovery to throw a light before you can GB. Obviously the cents ub into knockdown is different, but every other unblockable has insanely slow recovery. He's the only character that has continuous hyper armour. Is he as good as the cent or gladiator no but he doesn't need a buff

WalrusApproved
08-23-2017, 05:46 PM
I agree yet disagree you have to kinda predict the kicks, punches, sweeps ect. and punish them. His "dodge" aka step works sometimes I rely more on eating the unblockable kick or whatever with my armor, then light or heavy into headbutt. Which gives me distance for my armor and stuns the enemy. His oni charge lol best use I get is pushing people off a revive. I feel he needs a shove to help get in the attacks that everyone just blocks. Maybe the meta changes will fix that though. I played the big man to rep 12 and still going.

UbiNoty
08-24-2017, 12:20 AM
I'll bring up the issues you've raised about the slowness of his speed and how he matches up against classes who utilize a lot of UBs. We are trying to do a round of buffs/balancing to the Samurai in particular with the next balance update too, so maybe this will be addressed.