PDA

View Full Version : Highlander inconsistent UB

Nickeloneon
08-23-2017, 02:29 PM
Hi UBI,

I just wanted to let you know that the Highlander's Unblockable that comes after the kick is super inconsistent. Sometimes it reaches and sometimes it doesn't.

It's not even being dodged, it's just that Highlander doesn't even seem to reach the opponent, but then sometimes he does reach.... So what is it? is it confirmed damaged? is it not? is it a tracking issue?

Draghmar
08-23-2017, 02:31 PM
I've seen that too. I wonder if it has something to do with how fast you initiate UB after kick...

NPG_Opie
08-23-2017, 03:48 PM
I imagine it has to do with the speed that you get it off and, while I haven't tested it on this character, other characters will get guaranteed dmg only from side heavies as the top doesn't seem to have the same range. So maybe timing or maybe top won't reach?

Nickeloneon
08-23-2017, 04:22 PM
Ya maybe, that makes sense actually. So letting it go a bit too late would not allow the attack to track as well?

Not sure about top either, as I haven't actually tried it after the kick yet.

Dry.Fish
08-23-2017, 05:39 PM
Think it's all about the timing, I can get a top offensive heavy and sometimes an enhanced light depending on stamina after a caber toss.

T_Sesh
08-23-2017, 06:07 PM
Hi UBI,

I just wanted to let you know that the Highlander's Unblockable that comes after the kick is super inconsistent. Sometimes it reaches and sometimes it doesn't.

It's not even being dodged, it's just that Highlander doesn't even seem to reach the opponent, but then sometimes he does reach.... So what is it? is it confirmed damaged? is it not? is it a tracking issue?

I've had bad luck with left OS heavies whiffing after a successful kick, and right side to be most consistent, but it may just be a matter of timing.

SplugeKing
08-23-2017, 08:09 PM
The Highlander is definitely buggy and they need to look at him

Knight_Raime
08-23-2017, 08:13 PM
It is your timing. i've had people who were non assassins parry my UB heavy after a cabers toss simply because I let it go too late.

Alustar.
08-23-2017, 08:51 PM
There is a window after both Formian Kick and Caber Toss in which you should see the claymore flash red while still holding the heavy trigger. Once this flash is seen you should then let loose the attack, too soon or too late will lead to unconnected attacks.

UbiNoty
08-23-2017, 11:49 PM
We are aware of a bug with consistency regarding HL's GB and that is getting fixed, but I'm not sure if we've recognized any real problems or bugs with his UB as of yet.
Do you have any videos of when you feel it's not working as intended? If you can send it to us at support (https://support.ubi.com/en-us/Games/4315), we'll take a look and see if it's a bug or something else.