PDA

View Full Version : For Honor New 4v4 game mode called Siege

TheEliteArcane
08-23-2017, 02:10 AM
For Honor 4v4 game type
Siege of a castle or fortress called: Siege
(Or 6v6 it you're up for it Ubisoft)
For the world map you can just plop it together with the already established Dominion game type and just have it as a separate game mode option. Sadly you will have to make new maps or hell just use the few that are in the campaign and add some of the things I mention.

6v6 game type similar to the Rush gametype of Battlefield games. Like the Viking mission "Up the Beach"and the Knights mission "wolves among sheep." Where players on defense need to defend the castle wall from the attackers. The attackers try to get through up to three gates by opening them or pushing siege machines to the gates or bringing explosives to destroy the
gates.
================================================== =======================
The Gates / Walls
Gate 1 and 2 or last gate depending on total number of gates in the map.
The third or last gate depending on the total number of gates will have all of the same options to defend and to destroy but the siege machine will no longer be available. Example: with three gates the first two will have three options including the siege, manually opening the gate and the use of explosives. The third or last gate will no longer have the option to use the siege machine.
If we were to total the minions for both sides the attackers would have 2/5 and the defenders would have 3/5. 1/3 of the defenders minions will be on the inside if the walls defending from enemy players the other 2/5 of the defenders will be on the outside of the wall battling the 2/5 attackers minions.

Offense: A.) players try to climb the walls and open the gate from the inside by climbing ladders that the players must mount on the wall B.) bring a siege machine to the gate and break down the gate C.) blow up the gate with say 4 explosives that have to be carried up to the gate and
ignited.

Equipped with a siege machine and explosives such as barrels and minions and ladders

To place ladders on the attacking side players must reach the wall and there will be a pile of ladders that the player can hold the action button to mount 1 at a time on the wall. There will be four places for ladders to be put up and each pile will have 5 ladders totaling 20 in all piles combined. Once over the wall there will be two mechanisms that the attacking players need to break by attacking to open the gate. The mechanisms need to have a health pool about two or three times the size of the largest heroes health pool maybe more health but not sure since I have no way to test this in actual gameplay.

Bringing the siege machine to the gate will be similar to the "wolves among sheep" mission where at least two players need to defend the siege machine and walk with it to the gate. The healthpool of the machine needs to be large. It will most likely be attacked all at once by enemy players heros and or ballista but not so large that it's guaranteed to get to the wall.

The explosives will be in a few piles behind say rocks or hills or destroyed buildings near the wall there will be 2 piles of explosives and players need to bring 4 to the wall. The explosives can be sat down anywhere but can only be destroyed by fire or a shot from the ballista. For the attacking players to ignite it they must get a torch or some form of fire to the explosives on the gate and ignite it these torches will be placed on a few randomly spawn points on the attacker's side. There only need to be 4 explosives ignited and blown up in total on the gate not 4 all
at once.

Defense: A.) players climb over the wall to defend it head on from the attacking minions and players while stopping any attackers from getting over the wall to open the gate. B.) Destroy the siege machine with tower mounted ballista or by manually destroying parts with their hero C.) Ignite or destroy enemy teams explosives.

Equipped with multiple ballista more minions and ladder breakers

There are ladders breakers set up close to the wall that allow defending players to carry them to the ladder and break off the top part of a ladder that will cause the ladder to break and fall over or can be kicked once broken. Ladder breakers will take 1.5 to 2 times longer to use than the time it takes to place ladders. That way there will be a chance for the attackers to get over the wall and they aren't left with only the siege engine and the explosives.

Destroying the siege machine will take a lot of damage. Players can either mount ballista and fire at the machine (there will be two ballista in total). Or players can go to the siege machine on foot and fight head on and destroy the machine by hand.

The multiple piles of explosives can only be destroyed by some sort of fire either from player abilities or from torches found throughout the map. For the defenders to destroy the attacker manually placed explosives they must use the same method or shoot the explosives with a ballista.

Rules to win
To win on the attacker's side players must destroy and pass through all gates before the 6 minute timer is up then kill all remaining defending players. Each gate destroyed will add 4 minutes to the game timer.
To win as the defenders players must destroy the siege engine and all explosives and kill the remaining attacking players or defend from either gate being taken down with the 6 minute timer.
Similar to dominion once one side reaches 1000 points but the 1000 points being the objectives mentioned above.
Thanks so much for taking the time to read my little gametype idea for this game I love. Please message me back with any questions or ideas or to just let me know what you think.
P.s. excuse the bad grammar and punctuation.
I do not give any permission to use the above mentioned information/idea without my consent.

Alustar.
08-23-2017, 03:44 AM
I love this idea, I want to do this so bad!

UbiNoty
08-24-2017, 01:44 AM
Nicely thought out! Maybe 6v6 will be more feasible once the DS go online, and this definitely sounds like a mode where more is better.
I'll forward it over (I think they'll be glad to see something different from suggestions about Arena/Colosseum game mode ideas ;p)

D-d0g56
08-24-2017, 02:56 AM
If DS goes online with this, I want there to be battlefield 4 numbers. 30 man team storming the gates would be ****ing awesome.

TheEliteArcane
08-27-2017, 07:05 PM
Wow! Having an actual community rep forward my post and talk to the people up top is awesome! Thanks so much :D I would love to be kept in the loop of any thoughts or things they may have to say. If that is at all possible.

TheEliteArcane
08-27-2017, 07:06 PM
Nicely thought out! Maybe 6v6 will be more feasible once the DS go online, and this definitely sounds like a mode where more is better.
I'll forward it over (I think they'll be glad to see something different from suggestions about Arena/Colosseum game mode ideas ;p)

Wow! Having an actual community rep forward my post and talk to the people up top is awesome! Thanks so much I would love to be kept in the loop of any thoughts or things they may have to say. If that is at all possible.

UbiNoty
08-28-2017, 01:15 AM
You likely won't hear anything solid about this anytime in the near future unfortunately. While they do like to hear all the ideas and suggestions for new heroes and game modes you all provide, development of these kinds of things takes a long, long time. (for reference, we had already begun planning for all the first 3 seasons of heroes, maps, modes even before the game released). These things need time, research, discussion, and many iterations and long hours of work before they are finally realized in game.

But if they do decide to go forward with something like this for a future game mode, just know that you helped to make it possible! :)

CrunaCross
08-28-2017, 02:35 AM
We know that there is a new game mode for the next season to be launched. So.... atleast it will be a biger game mode, or yet again a 5-10 minutes mode? Because lack of really epic battles is what the game is lacking... I know that you guys like to keep secrets, and it's always a secret what is under the Christmas tree, until we unwrap the box. But I just want to know if that box is big or small :D