PDA

View Full Version : Request for Anno 1800

UAngel
08-23-2017, 12:56 AM
I just saw the announcement for Anno 1800, and I'm really excited to see what you guys at Ubisoft come up with. I have a special request, though. In the earlier versions of Anno, I liked everything except the war related stuff. Could you please, as in PLEASE, put an option into the new game that allows players to suppress everything that has to do with war, combat, or violence in any way. That would be awesome. Thanks!

VDluger
08-23-2017, 01:20 PM
I personally think war is a key feature in Anno, especially when you look at the history of the world, such as Anno 1404, 1701, and maybe now 1800. It is nice for those who are looking for a warless environment to have an option to select this, just like you suggested above.

Additionally, looking at the ground war with infantry in Anno 1404, the battles were too long unless you had oriental warriors, which takes quite and advanced stage in the game. Maybe something to think about as well?

thelord123456
08-23-2017, 08:07 PM
Its an intresting idea, but I don't think it would work in the main campaign, on the other hand you could do what the stronghold series did, have a more basic peaceful campaign or simply have an option in sandbox/freeplay to have it in peaceful mode, but I think that combat is a big thing in the anno series, and if is removed it would loose alot of people intrested in it.

UAngel
08-23-2017, 10:28 PM
That is why I don't ask to remove it, but to add an option (setting) with which to suppress it. That way everybody can have what they like. The truth is, more and more people don't want the wars anymore. They are sick and tired of it, and that includes games. There are even stories of game developers who quit their jobs because of it. It is time for everybody to realize that we have a choice in everything we do. We can live war, or we can live peace. I live peace, and I love gaming. I especially love builder games. I've played Anno 2205 for many hours and played only the first combat mission (under protest and as fast as I humanly could), because you can't play the rest of the game without it, but I ignored all the other combat related stuff, and would have preferred to see it go altogether. As far as I'm concerned, if there are people who insist on playing that, they should be able to, but for those of us who don't, it would be nice if we didn't have to see any of it, but can do everything else in the game.

TumbleOwlee
08-24-2017, 12:51 AM
First of all, I appreciate that you dont say "remove it" because for me this part of gameplay was missing for a long time (2070 + 2205). Especially the land units were missing and I hope bluebyte will add them this time.

Secondly, if I'm not wrong or bluebyte changed his mind regarding the KI, the lowest difficulty of the NPCs will never attack or do any harm. I think they will allow to add or remove NPC enemies and if you cant remove all together, then you can play against one single enemy on the lowest difficulty. On the lowest difficulty they will need for ever to expand, so this shouldnt be any problem for you.

UAngel
08-24-2017, 08:32 AM
It's not a problem as long as I don't have to see it, let alone do anything with it. If others want it, fine. I'll be the last one to tell others what to do. But I'm one of those that want violence gone from the world, and that includes games. Difficulty does not matter. I'd like to be able to suppress all of it.

Swimming-Paul
08-24-2017, 10:57 AM
Im with UAngel in the sense that Ive never played the Anno games because of the war strategy... I think Anno has always been about beautiful city-building and complex resource-management, and there are other titles available for those who are into military tactics and all that, like Age of Empires or Civilization or whatever. However you dont have to worry UAngel cause the endless game mode has always been highly customizable in Anno, and you can choose to play by yourself without any rivals, and select only peaceful NPCs on your game. I think it will be nice if they include a mild military side to the game, as it was the case in Anno 1404 and Anno 2070, cause it was very entertaining when completing side-quests, but I agree it should not be the main focus of the game at all.

Steinhauzer
08-26-2017, 01:14 PM
An option already exists in the previous games, as has been said, and since they've promised a "highly customizable sandbox experience" I think it likely that all the options to remove strife will be available.

Personally, although war is often slow and tedious, I feel the game world would feel a bit off without it, especially in the 19th century. Fighting over resources is a natural part of growth everywhere, and though it doesn't always necessitate death and destruction the option to employ that needs to exist for the immersion. Also I quite enjoy building defences and securing trade-routes / strategic islands. I even enjoy the slow, siege-like land warfare in 1404 and was sad to see it entirely gone from 2070.

VinnieVE
08-31-2017, 01:17 PM
You can surpress war and violence in every Anno. Don't want war? Do not select hard AI. Don't want disasters? Disable them. Rebellions should be a part of Anno 1800, especially since the game is set in a period of revolutions. Keep your citizens happy and they won't kill you. However I would like to be able to interact deeper with the AI, to buy up islands, corrupt local city councillers and take over the oppponent's cities like in Anno 1404 Venice.

UAngel
08-31-2017, 08:55 PM
Actually that is not true. At least not for Anno 2205. In that game you have to play at least one military mission. The others you can ignore, but they are still visible. And that's my point. I don't want them to be visible. I also don't want to have to play at least one mission. None of it. Just a peaceful game that has gorgeous graphics (which Anno 2205 certainly has!) and that's all about creating, building, and cooperation.

dnkareem
09-01-2017, 03:42 PM
dnkareem
Suggestion to develop team

1-) It will be good if new Anno 1800 allow the use of advanced AI controlled trade route like in Anno 2205 that could be switched off any time to use manual trade route management,

AI control will let the player focus on the big picture rather than micromanagement,

2-) it will be very good idea if the div team implement complex transport options which allow inhabitant to move between work and home,

3) NPC or residence management with text clouds showing status in the city could be good option

4) game specific language similar to simcity

Khaled

ANN0nymity
09-04-2017, 04:06 PM
I believe war in ANNO games is essential however the system needs to be better and more diverse. (The war system in ANNO 2205 + 2070 was not so good, I like the system of ANNO 1404 much more). In the other way I understand that it would be nice if you could enjoy just the creation part and disable all war, disasters,... (like a ZEN mode) But I don't believe that you can take an important fun factor completly away for all the gamers. But i think i would like a zen mode too :)

aburja
09-09-2017, 11:06 AM
I liked the wars from 1404, but agree that it should be an option.
Continues game mode always had a lot of ways to customize your gameplay.

AgmasGold
09-09-2017, 12:24 PM
If people are looking for a true sandbox -- where they just want to place buildings and design a city without worrying about any other factors, maybe the Playground from anno 1701 could be an idea to implement. I didn't use it much myself but for some it might be a welcome addition. I guess you could also use it to just try and make something that looks nice for screenshots :).